Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2013 Fall Discover New Possibilities Promo (bonus pts-9/9/13-11/30/13-reg by 10/31)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Fall Discover New Possibilities Promo (bonus pts-9/9/13-11/30/13-reg by 10/31)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2013, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Starting at Labor Day, I was mixing and matching stays between Hyatt, IHG, and Marriott to go after three promos. My strategy was to book cheapest room on all my personal stays, cheapest room within $5/5% for my work stays, and then mattress run what I needed. It ended up that Chicagoland mattress runs were the easiest way to complete as on some of my other stays Hyatt Place was $20-$25 more expensive than either Courtyard or HIX, but the DuPage Hyatt properties were competitive with both HIX and Marriott.

Total haul from the mattress runs:
- 8 nights (7 Hyatt in November, 1 Candlewood in a couple of weeks if I don't get a last minute overnight business trip)
- $500 in out-of-pocket costs
- Retained Diamond for 2014
- 33k Hyatt points, 60k IHG points, 1 Megabonus Cat 5 Marriott night, and a couple of Diamond breakfasts in Lisle.
- Total conservative value: $430 Hyatt points, $240 Hyatt upgrades, $240 IHG, $90 Marriott - $1000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.