Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Tier Reciprocity (with MGM Rewards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tier Reciprocity (with MGM Rewards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:14 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by 59Impala
if you are Diamond now, suggest matching with MLife now, then you will receive Platinum until 9/30/2017
https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/conte...tnerships.html
I went to get a new MLife card at MGM Grand a week ago, since I noticed that my card expired. I was told that I dropped to Pearl. I showed the Players Club rep my HGP Diamond status on my phone app and he changed my status to MLife Plat. It took ~10 minutes for me to show up in their system as a Plat, good through 9/30/17.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 12:55 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
I went to get a new MLife card at MGM Grand a week ago, since I noticed that my card expired. I was told that I dropped to Pearl. I showed the Players Club rep my HGP Diamond status on my phone app and he changed my status to MLife Plat. It took ~10 minutes for me to show up in their system as a Plat, good through 9/30/17.
+1 - Cool that worked.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Currently I am mlife gold, has anyone been able to get Mlife to match your gold status to Hyatt Explorist? I have emailed memberservices @ mlife twice and have not gotten a response. First request was over 2 weeks ago.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by ellinj
Currently I am mlife gold, has anyone been able to get Mlife to match your gold status to Hyatt Explorist? I have emailed memberservices @ mlife twice and have not gotten a response. First request was over 2 weeks ago.
If you are seeking status from Hyatt, you need to contact Hyatt.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by smitty06
If you are seeking status from Hyatt, you need to contact Hyatt.
That is incorrect. I recently emailed [email protected] with my mLife and Hyatt info and they had my Hyatt status upgraded to Explorist. It took a couple weeks before I saw the status change on Hyatt's website.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by dgross
That is incorrect. I recently emailed [email protected] with my mLife and Hyatt info and they had my Hyatt status upgraded to Explorist. It took a couple weeks before I saw the status change on Hyatt's website.

That's who I emailed. I finally got a response from them last night. They said they would submit my request to Hyatt and it should be done in a few weeks.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by dgross
I stand corrected.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
I've emailed them twice already and haven't received a response yet (it's been 8 days). I'm hoping to get matched to Explorist from my M Life platinum membership. I was dropped down to Discoverist once the Hyatt tiers reset.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by gold644
I've emailed them twice already and haven't received a response yet (it's been 8 days). I'm hoping to get matched to Explorist from my M Life platinum membership. I was dropped down to Discoverist once the Hyatt tiers reset.
maybe try calling, one of the options when you call the number on the back of your card is regarding hyatt relationship. They did finally get back to me via email but it took almost 2 weeks. Now I am waiting for the match to actually go through.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:07 pm

I emailed Mlife on 3/3, never got a response so called on 3/17, she said they get thousands of emails so it takes a long time to respond but looked me up and put in the request while I was on the phone - told me it would like 7-10 days to show up on the Hyatt site but I got an email on 3/21 saying I was matched (only Pearl to Discoverist so I am lowly in both).

It sounded like if I hadn't told her it had been two weeks since I emailed she would have told me to just keep waiting for them to get to it.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Emailing a letter to Hyatt @ [email protected] with mLife Platinum account number, screenshot of mLife card/account status and Hyatt account number works just fine for most waiting 2-3 weeks or so for the Hyatt account upgrade to be done.

For those taking this route, the Hyatt account upgrade to Explorist comes with the 4 club upgrades.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Emailing a letter to Hyatt @ [email protected] with mLife Platinum account number, screenshot of mLife card/account status and Hyatt account number works just fine for most waiting 2-3 weeks or so for the Hyatt account upgrade to be done.

For those taking this route, the Hyatt account upgrade to Explorist comes with the 4 club upgrades.
Suppose--purely hypothetically--that someone
  • matched Hyatt Plat to mLife Gold before the WoH cutover on 3/1, and then
  • matched MLife Gold to WoH Explorist

Given the offset between the mLife status year (ends 9/30) and the WoH status year, how long can our hypothetical FTer keep this ball in the air?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by beltway
Suppose--purely hypothetically--that someone
  • matched Hyatt Plat to mLife Gold before the WoH cutover on 3/1, and then
  • matched MLife Gold to WoH Explorist

Given the offset between the mLife status year (ends 9/30) and the WoH status year, how long can our hypothetical FTer keep this ball in the air?
I don't know, but I'm guessing that the life of it isn't that many years given Hyatt and MGM seem to have downgraded their tier-matching relationship.

[I'm more familiar with Hyatt Diamond to mLife Platinum leading to Hyatt Explorist than the other routes.]
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
I finally received a response back and said that they would forward to Hyatt. Hope to see my account updated in a couple weeks.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Globalists who have their MGM Plat might find this of interest... while we still have MGM Plat at least. Caesars/Total Rewards is status matching MGM Plat to TR Diamond. with an expiration date of 1/31/18. They have Diamond Lounges and waive resort fees for diamonds. https://www.caesars.com/total-reward...d-tier-upgrade

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.