Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 6:59 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by marlin
Does anyone know if we can redeem Hyatt dollar gift certificates at M hotels now?
I doubt it.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
I'll still be trial Diamond by August, can I still get a status match?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:35 am

Programs: WN A-list, Hyatt Glob, HH DM, Marriott Plat
Would status be matched again next year?

I asked a question in the previous thread that was locked but didn't see a satisfactory answer. We will have a 1 time match of status in August 2013. What happens next year? Would there be a match again, or do we need to satisfy the requirements of both programs separately to have status in each?

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer-....jsp#900224260

47. Once I opt-in for a matched tier in M life, does my matched tier in M life expire? Once you have received your matched tier in M life, all rules, regulations and expirations of the M life program apply. Full M life program details can be found here.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:22 am

Points Credit

Had 3 stays Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. Called Hyatt GP today and they stated the points will be credited from Mlife an to check w/ them regarding the points being credited. Called Mlife, they stated to wait 30 days for points posting after checkout date...
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:34 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by flyersky1
I asked a question in the previous thread that was locked but didn't see a satisfactory answer. We will have a 1 time match of status in August 2013. What happens next year? Would there be a match again, or do we need to satisfy the requirements of both programs separately to have status in each?

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer-....jsp#900224260
I can't answer the mlife portion but the Hyatt side's status match (challenge) is a once in a lifetime deal - you can't keep doing it year after year.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hartd
Had 3 stays Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. Called Hyatt GP today and they stated the points will be credited from Mlife an to check w/ them regarding the points being credited. Called Mlife, they stated to wait 30 days for points posting after checkout date...
Not ideal... Which properties did you visit?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: WN A-list, Hyatt Glob, HH DM, Marriott Plat
Thanks. If it's the same for mlife, then it's not such a great deal since you would not get the benefits of a DM or Plat after the first year. It's still good for credit and points though.

Originally Posted by peteropny
I can't answer the mlife portion but the Hyatt side's status match (challenge) is a once in a lifetime deal - you can't keep doing it year after year.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:35 pm

Aria / Mirage / Mandalay Bay

I can't believe Mirage is at the same tier points redemption wise, definitely showing its age...

Originally Posted by jr57
Not ideal... Which properties did you visit?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:06 pm

A datapoint.

Had a two-day stay at Vdara, June 24-June 26. The frontdesk who checked me in had no idea what I said when I asked her to add my Hyatt number to the reservation.

When I checked out, I asked the frontdesk to make sure my Hyatt number is on file. She checked and manually typed in my Hyatt number, informed me that both Mlife and Hyatt numbers are on file now. I then asked for a paper receipt, but the receipt doesn't show either membership number. The frontdesk said those membership numbers will be recorded in the computer/system, instead of being printed on the receipt.

I will come back to update once the stay/night credit posted to my Hyatt account.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 5:01 pm

Will I get a status match for M-Life because I have Hyatt plat from the credit card but have no stays/nights?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Will I get a status match for M-Life because I have Hyatt plat from the credit card but have no stays/nights?
It doesn't matter how you obtained your Hyatt status. If that status makes you eligible for a benefit, you get that benefit.

-David
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:13 pm

any more specific info on when in august the status match is available? waiting to book an august trip and would love mlife platinum.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 4:59 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by ahcjar103
any more specific info on when in august the status match is available? waiting to book an august trip and would love mlife platinum.
I'd like to know if you can get the accounts linked prior to traveling to Vegas. I say that because as an mlife plat status makes you eligible for priority early/late checkin/checkout and room upgrades (subject to availability).
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:43 am

Does BRG work for the Vegas hotels?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 2:19 pm

Not for me. I tried and they said they could not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.