Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Paris Hyatt Hotels - Hotel du Louvre or the Park Hyatt?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris Hyatt Hotels - Hotel du Louvre or the Park Hyatt?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2013, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Renard
...If your departure from Paris involves an early flight, just spend the 6th night at an airpot hotel that you can transfer to later in the evening after spending the full day in paris. The hassle will quickly be forgotten after your time at the PH.
there's even a Hyatt Regency at CDG, rates are usually very low.
Old May 22, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Another angle

I'm at the Park Hyatt Vendome right now. Sadly only one night left of a 4 night stay. PHV is certainly going to be your best hotel, but it is so nice and the breakfast so good (free as Diamond) that it is difficult to get out of the hotel by noon. So... If this is your first trip to paris... A lesser hotel ( and being able to spend 6 vs 5 nights) MIGHT be a good option for some. There is so much to see and do here that a great hotel just puts more of a demand on ones time (unless I suppose you plan to make extensive use of the concierge team to work wonders for you). Also spent two nights at the Intercontinental Le Grand and even though it is also a pretty nice hotel... Had no problem getting out of there well before noon.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 5:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I am trying to decide between a standard room at the PH or a suite at the Louvre for a one night stay. I always wanted to try the PH but I will have lost my Diamond status by then and I'm thinking it might be better to get a suite at the Louvre as opposed to a standard room at the PH.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Regulator85
I am trying to decide between a standard room at the PH or a suite at the Louvre for a one night stay. I always wanted to try the PH but I will have lost my Diamond status by then and I'm thinking it might be better to get a suite at the Louvre as opposed to a standard room at the PH.
I stayed at the Louvre a few times before it became a Hyatt- while it is a nice hotel with an excellent location it is not close to the level of the PHV. I would stay at the Park Hyatt in a room vs. a suite at the Louvre unless I really needed the space of the suite (in which case I would probably stay in neither and just short-term rent an apartment or take something like Citadines near Bastille).
Old Jul 12, 2013, 6:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
I have stayed at the PHV many times and it is simply wonderful. If you can get it, get it.

I am heading back to Paris the 29th thru the 5th and unfortunately the PVD has no rooms available for points. Very disappointing.

I did however book a suite for the full stay at the Louvre in a suite for these night - I may not have after reading the few reviews on the boards but time will tell...

Are there any updated reviews on how the transition is going?
Old Jul 13, 2013, 9:31 am

Just stayed at PHV this past week for three nights (2 with certificates and one with points) and it was fantastic. Location is amazing and within walking distance from many attractions and restaurants, the service was exemplary from the concierge desk. Truly the best concierge desk I've ever seen. Didn't get a chance to try breakfast as we were platinum and didn't know if worth the money and didn't want to kill so much time eating breakfast. I'll definitely be seeking it out in the future whenever in Paris.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 9:50 pm

It's all easier said than done in the summer season. I have not had any luck finding contiguous award nights available at the Park Hyatt in late August. Rather than gamble on availability there, I was able to get the nights I wanted at the Hotel du Louvre.

Last edited by billpreston; Jul 19, 2013 at 10:05 pm
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:37 am

Any recent experiences? I too am trying to decide between a suite at the Hotel du Louvre vs a Park Queen at the Vendome.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 10:46 am

Would be curious to see some follow up reviews of this property, PHV is not available on the dates I'm planning to travel
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by nrdk
Would be curious to see some follow up reviews of this property, PHV is not available on the dates I'm planning to travel
There are reviews on this forum, tripadvisor & yelp. I would go to the Madeleine. That's my plan for 9/2014.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 5:20 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by philemer
There are reviews on this forum, tripadvisor & yelp. I would go to the Madeleine. That's my plan for 9/2014.
Unfortunately, no suite upgrades at the Madeleine.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 8:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Just a data point. Called PHV and spoke to the manager up front. He said that they would open up additional inventory for the period I was staying. Ended up showing up on hyatt.com within about 4 hours.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by footastic
Just a data point. Called PHV and spoke to the manager up front. He said that they would open up additional inventory for the period I was staying. Ended up showing up on hyatt.com within about 4 hours.
Tried emailing and had no luck, don't suppose you could call for me?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Same question as OP, but I need 2 rooms as our children will be joining us. So for 3 nights it's now PHV @ 180k points v. HdL @ 120k points. Either way better than paying $1000 or $600 per night respectively.

I don't mind blowing the points on PHV. but not sure if the kids will care about the nicer room, and the Louvre appears to be a bit more convenient for walking to the major attractions. We're probably looking at the basic rooms, since I'm only Plat.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 4:51 am

We stayed at the PHV summer of 2014 with our 4 children. I would recommend against it. I felt like they barely tolerated our presence in their lovely hotel. Questions to the front desk went unanswered, storage of luggage request from front desk was ignored by bell desk twice although we were standing in the front of the lobby with our luggage the second time. We have had compliments about the behavior of our daughters in other hotels, so I don't think that was an issue. They also put our family of 6, with 14, 11, 10, and 8 year old daughters in rooms on three different floors and would not change rooms to get us closer together. Reservations were made 5 months in advance, so they had plenty of time to arrange the rooms properly. I was a Hyatt diamond at the time. I would never take our children to the PHV again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.