Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2013 Modifications to Stay Certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Modifications to Stay Certificates

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
Originally Posted by TravelConcierge
Just wanted to note that although they originally appeared to accept Ultimate Certificates, that was a mistake, and 5 Park Hyatts do not accept *any* stay certificates, not even Ultimate. As you might have guessed, they are: Paris Vendome, Milan, Zurich, Moscow and Maldives.
Thank you for the update! I checked the list and those 5 now have no green checks. I edited my first post. Park Hyatt Seoul does accept an Ultimate, when it didn't before.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Just wanted to note that although they originally appeared to accept Ultimate Certificates, that was a mistake, and 5 Park Hyatts do not accept *any* stay certificates, not even Ultimate.
So "Ultimate" is short for "Penultimate".
Old Jan 14, 2013, 1:29 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Just wanted to note that although they originally appeared to accept Ultimate Certificates, that was a mistake, and 5 Park Hyatts do not accept *any* stay certificates, not even Ultimate. As you might have guessed, they are: Paris Vendome, Milan, Zurich, Moscow and Maldives.
Too bad, I was lucky and stayed at the PH Maldives still with the Inspire ones...
Old Mar 7, 2013, 6:25 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
PH Sydney changed category without notice?

I just wanted to book the PH Sydney using two of my Inspire certificates only to find out that the hotel no longer accepts these vouchers!

A few weeks ago I am certain that it was still bookable at this Inspire level and now I find myself with those 2 certificates which I specifically bought for staying at this hotel and can't seem to use them online.

I can't find anywhere that any notice was given that this hotel would move to the higher category and I feel that Hyatt should at least honour existing certificates bought prior to this change coming into effect.

Wouldn't you expect at least some reasonable notice if a hotel moves up to a higher (and also newly created) category?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sydfly
Wouldn't you expect at least some reasonable notice if a hotel moves up to a higher (and also newly created) category?
https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/TCStay.aspx

Locations are subject to change without notice.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'm sorry to say that you just learned the hard way to book the stay certificates before actually buying them.

Perhaps the GP Concierge here can help you out.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

The reason why it is possible to stay cheaply at places using this certificate (or any nonrefundable, prepaid rate) is because you agree to take on additional risk; risk that your plans may change or, in your case, risk that the hotel may be unavailable before you are able to book it. As Mary suggested, there are ways to mitigate the risk, but there will still be some risk that you have to accept as part of the deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.