Thank You From Hyatt – Enjoy 50,000 MileagePlus Award Miles

Subscribe
I just received e-mail from hyatt about the 50K UA miles bonus. I have been a diamond member for 5 years or so, and it's the first time I received such generous bonus. I usually make 25 stays (40 nights) a year and I am a UK1K member.

"At Hyatt, we are excited to have the opportunity to show our appreciation for our most valued guests. In recognition and appreciation of your loyalty, we enthusiastically extend to you 50,000 United MileagePlus® award miles, to be deposited into your MileagePlus account within the next 2-3 weeks. We hope you enjoy this gift on behalf of Hyatt and MileagePlus. As always, we are truly grateful for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back very soon."
Quote: I just received e-mail from hyatt about the 50K UA miles bonus. I have been a diamond member for 5 years or so, and it's the first time I received such generous bonus. I usually make 25 stays (40 nights) a year and I am a UK1K member.

"At Hyatt, we are excited to have the opportunity to show our appreciation for our most valued guests. In recognition and appreciation of your loyalty, we enthusiastically extend to you 50,000 United MileagePlus® award miles, to be deposited into your MileagePlus account within the next 2-3 weeks. We hope you enjoy this gift on behalf of Hyatt and MileagePlus. As always, we are truly grateful for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back very soon."
Received the same e-mail a few minutes ago, while enjoying the beach at a Hyatt resort... Very generous surprise, even though I no longer fly United!
Got it too. Even better considering that I fly mostly UA. ^
Nothing for this loser!
I got this email too. It's been the first time Hyatt treats me soooo generously. Haha.
I got this too. Read it 5 times looking for the catch. Figured I need to apply for 3 credit cards and spend $100k with Hyatt to get this 'bonus'. But no, it seems they are just giving us 50,000 United miles! Are they serious???

FWIW, I think I've been a Diamond for 3 years, but am NOT a high spender.

I've been very critical of Hyatt for the past year -- mostly due to lack of good promotions, the death of Gx bonuses, the rise of credit card requirements, etc -- but this could make me forgive all of that. 50K United miles is conservatively worth $750. Holy cow.
Looks like this is something only the US members have received...... any idea what the selection has been or how they would know your UA account?
Nothing for this loser either!
Congrats on those who received this generous offer from Hyatt. Excuse me, so I can start checking my email every 5 minutes.
Quote: Looks like this is something only the US members have received...... any idea what the selection has been or how they would know your UA account?
Both my Hyatt and UA accounts are in Japan. I sometimes choose to earn UA miles instead of goldpassport points.
Quote: Congrats on those who received this generous offer from Hyatt. Excuse me, so I can start checking my email every 5 minutes.
Can we figure out any common denominators?
Am I too being cautious for recalling the last time I got such an email?

US Airways emailed a few years back and offered free miles for my loyalty ("Miles make you smile"), then followed up a few hours later with a "Our apologies; please disregard our last email!"

Anyway, I commend Hyatt for such a generous bonus and such a gesture makes me want to go the extra effort to qualify for Diamond again.
Quote: Looks like this is something only the US members have received...... any idea what the selection has been or how they would know your UA account?
I'm wondering if it's tied to past the summer airline promotion? Though I have occasionally had Hyatt stays credited to an airline program, the only time I ever had my UA account credited was this past summer during the promo. Anyone else that's receiving the email also credit to UA over the summer?
Quote: Can we figure out any common denominators?
Since they do not have most United mileage numbers, my guess if you were diamond and participated in their summer United promo, you may have received the email.
Quote: Since they do not have most United mileage numbers, my guess if you were diamond and participated in their summer United promo, you may have received the email.
Except I didn't credit to United during this past summer's promo.....