Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RTW1
Breakfast as a Glob is free, little more to say about it....
You're right but it was a quick "feel free to order anything" and then my server left, so I wasn't certain to what extent. Some hotels have limits and others don't, but again not a problem and I had a great meal.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by ruser
You're right but it was a quick "feel free to order anything" and then my server left, so I wasn't certain to what extent. Some hotels have limits and others don't, but again not a problem and I had a great meal.
I have ordered three main dishes (portions are smallish) before without any issue.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by always_solo
Hi,
I'm considering a stay at the end of March. I'm traveling with a friend (actually, a good friend's younger sister), and we're both in our early 30s.

I think I'm sold on the area and the "vibe" of the hotel, but I'm worried about the bathroom situation. Is the open concept awkward with no bathroom privacy? I mean, we're good enough friends to travel together, but having a little space to put on a pair of pants would be nice

oh, and I'm asking about the standard rooms....not suites or anything.

Thanks all!
Just wanted to update! We ended up staying at the Andaz and the room worked out for us quite well. We had a corner twin room, with a garden view. The corner room was slightly larger than a standard room, and the configuration allowed for a little more privacy, as the WC was large enough to change in. Also, by opening the closet door and pulling closed a fabric screen, we were able to create a fairly large private space between the WC, the main entry door, the closet and the screen.

In short, the room is perfectly fine for two friends traveling together, and the Twin room worked out great for us.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum, Delta Silver
Does anyone know if this hotel has showers to use before rooms are available? Andaz London, for example, has a few shower suites by the gym you can use after a redeye.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Given that the Hyatt Regency just opened and has a club, wondering how this will effect the Andaz and make them up their game.

Cat 4 for the regency.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Completely different properties and neighbourhoods... so totally irrelevant that the HR has opened.

What's the point of your post?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Completely different properties and neighbourhoods... so totally irrelevant that the HR has opened
Not really - if you look for the best value as WoH Member in AMS the Cat 4 makes a big difference on P&C. Especially as Globalsepp with Suite Upgrade. Club Lounge is an advantage, too. Parking at 40 Euro at HR is a bargain.

Especially as regular rates are high at both hotels P&C at HR is most times a good deal. At Andaz often not available and still expensive.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by B Stromberg
Not really - if you look for the best value as WoH Member in AMS the Cat 4 makes a big difference on P&C. Especially as Globalsepp with Suite Upgrade. Club Lounge is an advantage, too. Parking at 40 Euro at HR is a bargain.

Especially as regular rates are high at both hotels P&C at HR is most times a good deal. At Andaz often not available and still expensive.
Exactly the reasons I've booked the HR for my next trip to Amsterdam rather than the Andaz (where I've stayed in the past and liked).
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I'm not saying the HR is not a good place to stay, it is. But its opening is not relevant to the Andaz REVIEW thread.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
I'm not saying the HR is not a good place to stay, it is. But its opening is not relevant to the Andaz REVIEW thread.
So better to open a new thread just for that question?

To be on-topic: Really don't like that public bathrooms at andaz. Wonder what kind of designer think that is cool. Guess the Hyatt "which name should not be mentioned here" does that better.

Last edited by B Stromberg; Apr 23, 2017 at 8:04 am
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:36 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by B Stromberg
So better to open a new thread just for that question?
I say yes. There are many examples here of "which is the best hyatt in <city> ?" threads. Maybe with the opening of the HR, it's time for "Which is the best Hyatt in Amsterdam ?" ... and we can stop cluttering up the Andaz review thread.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
What's the problem with the public bathrooms? Some people really complain about everything.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:38 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by caliform
What's the problem with the public bathrooms? Some people really complain about everything.
It's Amsterdam. If you are fortunate to be a guy, you can pretty much pee anywhere. I can't imagine the bathrooms at the Andaz are not an improvement. (though, I think copious quantities of public outdoor urinals are quite convenient....)
Attached Images  
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:38 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
wow - I know them... but didn't think they still exist.. especially not in AMS.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skj
I say yes. There are many examples here of "which is the best hyatt in <city> ?" threads. Maybe with the opening of the HR, it's time for "Which is the best Hyatt in Amsterdam ?" ... and we can stop cluttering up the Andaz review thread.
That would be as useful as it is for other cities.... If one hasn't opened already I will do so after staying at the HR in two weeks. It's a mayor annoyance when you plan on staying somewhere and you decide to read the specific REVIEW thread and you have to wade through page and page of posts that contain nothing on the actual experience of staying there.

The post I reacted to was one of those, it wasn't even written after staying at the HR to compare things. Just another meaningless post to drive up post count.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.