Best Hyatt in the US?

Subscribe
If you were going to stay at a Hyatt property in the continental US, and the other thing you cared about was the quality of the hotel, which one would you choose?
Sorry that should have said, the "only" thing you cared about was the quality of the hotel...
My personal vote would be Park Hyatt Chicago - I'd argue it's the closest thing to an international Park Hyatt we have in the continental US.

Hopefully my vote will be changing though in late 2013 with the new PHNY! (and the old PHNY Stanhope would have been my pick back when it was open)
EuropeanPete likes this.
PH Chicago.
PH DC gets my vote.
  1. PH DC
  2. PH Chicago
  3. Hyatt Highlands Carmel - breathtaking views over the pounding surf
I agree wIth others the Park Hyatt Chicago is lovely
Personally I would go with Hyatt Carmel Highlands but read the reviews to see if this is for you. The property is nowhere near the most luxurious in the US but that isn't why you go there.
Quote: Personally I would go with Hyatt Carmel Highlands but read the reviews to see if this is for you. The property is nowhere near the most luxurious in the US but that isn't why you go there.
you go there cause of the "pounding surf...."
Seattle GH followed by Chicago PH
Having stayed more than once in each of the three of the hotels that appear to be dominant on this thread so far, my choice among them would be the PH DC. However, I haven't yet tried a PH that is not yet mentioned, Aviara, and it might be a candidate as well.
Andaz 5th Avenue. Spacious rooms and a peerless GP diamond breakfast policy. The views of the NYPL and Bryant Park block are matched perhaps only by those of Lake Michigan from lake view rooms at PH Chicago (my vote for second best US Hyatt). Like others here, I can't wait for the new PH in Manhattan.

Healthy-sized living room in Andaz 2BR suite. (With these views, I wasn't about to test the effectiveness of blackout curtains...)

Andaz view of NYPL entrance

Andaz view of Times Square area

Just the first course of a mega Andaz diamond breakfast...

A lake view from PH Chicago isn't too shabby, either
The #1 Hyatt in America is the Grand Hyatt DFW... this is based on Hyatt's customer satisfaction surveys, not comments on Flyertalk

Yes I can see by location you would like the Andaz 5th Avenue or Park Hyatt Chicago.. but when it comes to the quality of the hotel, DFW Grand Hyatt is rated #1, it must be the warm Texas Hospitality, the wonderful rooftop gym, the beautiful spa, quality of the rooms, the delicious food or the unique wine list... This hotel has something special going on.

Grand Hyatt DFW ranks #1 based on customer satisfaction feedback Hyatt receives from you... the GUEST. I stay at the Park Hyatt Chicago and Andaz 5th Avenue often, I don't think the service or the quality of those hotels come close to the Grand DFW.... Yeah they have wonderful views of the Water Tower or the NY Public Library, but as a hotel they rank much lower. The Grand Hyatt DFW is a destination of it's own....

The Grand Hyatt DFW has held the honor for several years as the #1 Hyatt based on the Customer Satisfaction Survey Hyatt sends out to it's guest^^^

BTW... did I tell you the view of the sunsets from this hotel are amazing!!!

Quote: If you were going to stay at a Hyatt property in the continental US, and the other thing you cared about was the quality of the hotel, which one would you choose?
What about Grand Hyatt New York. It has been renovated recently for 130 Mill. $. I watched the video clip on hyatt.com and liked it. Shouldn´t this one be on top now as well?
Quote: My personal vote would be Park Hyatt Chicago - I'd argue it's the closest thing to an international Park Hyatt we have in the continental US.

Hopefully my vote will be changing though in late 2013 with the new PHNY! (and the old PHNY Stanhope would have been my pick back when it was open)
When Christophe David was in control of Nomi, the restaurant was fairly good. It is no longer the case with a very unprofessional staff, hardly the level of PH Dubai or PH Hamburg. Best Hyatt in the U.S. was Grand Hyatt Wailea on Maui and Hyatt Lake Las Vegas for the mainland.