Best Hyatt in the US?

Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Ummm, no. The GH NY is souless, and any property that doesn't have a mini bar, makes everything self service, or stops room service at 11PM cannot be considered exceptional service. You cannot judge a hotel by a video.
I am sad to hear that and have to agree with you. In Germany even 4 star hotels in mayor cities do have 24h room service. The GHNY is 5 star I guess? What value do have 5 stars, what value the (Grand) HYATT brand, if service is not offered any more?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by submonte
I am sad to hear that and have to agree with you. In Germany even 4 star hotels in mayor cities do have 24h room service. The GHNY is 5 star I guess? What value do have 5 stars, what value the (Grand) HYATT brand, if service is not offered any more?
It is difficult to compare quality standards, but the Grand New York is comparable to most older four star hotels in Germany, e.g. some older Radissons, Crowne Plaza or Hilton properties.

The Grand New York has always been a solid hotel, more a Regency than a Grand Hyatt, the recent updates should put it in a league comparable with the other Hyatt properties in Manhattan, not really special and really huge differences between the rooms, a fate it shares with the Andaz properties and the 48Lex...

The Park New York will play in another league, the old Park Stanhope was old and in need of major renovations, but had some nice suites and a very good location.

The Park Washington would also be on my list, I haven't been to the Park Chicago after the renovation, but in any case the Hyatt Place Ontario Mills has to be mentioned as well. IIRC, it was one of the first Hyatt Place hotels ^
Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Having walked by the construction I can tell you personally its much more than even a renovation. See the thread on it below. Like a new place...

Pools are totally torn out and being replaced....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...12-2014-a.html

I am very much looking forward to it and may choose it over the Fairmont Kea Lani on future visits.

Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
The "new Andaz" is the former Intercontinental - not a big winner. Let's hope that the owners will do major investments as that property had nothing special, the pool was the size of the Hyatt Waikiki.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 3:17 pm

Ummm, no. The GH NY is souless, and any property that doesn't have a mini bar, makes everything self service, or stops room service at 11PM cannot be considered exceptional service. You cannot judge a hotel by a video.

I say the PH DC. The service is exceptional. Small example:

We took the Amtrak from NYC, caught a cab from the train station to the hotel. Cab driver tried to charge extra for our luggage, even though my partner and I placed them in the boot as he didn't get out of the vehicle. Doorman at the PH DC overhears, says "Mr M0hamed, I will take care of this. My colleagues are waiting for you to check in."

By the time we arrive at the check in desk they know who I am and apologise for the cold welcome to DC. Within moments of arriving in the room the doorman delivers White wine (based on my preferences at the PH MEL) and some home made Apple pie and ice cream with a handwritten card saying that they wanted to ensure we had a warm welcome to DC.

We never had to pay for the cab in the end. The cab fare ended up being the doorman's tip, and rightfully so.

Now that is exceptional service.
Wow. This was your first time staying there?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 4:22 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
The "new Andaz" is the former Intercontinental - not a big winner. Let's hope that the owners will do major investments as that property had nothing special, the pool was the size of the Hyatt Waikiki.
It's been gutted. Very little is left of what was initially there. The only thing left is the old foundations.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:00 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Wow. This was your first time staying there?
Yep!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:06 pm

Yep!
It would be impressive even if you stayed there 10*/year...
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:08 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
It would be impressive even if you stayed there 10*/year...
That's why Park Hyatts are my brand of choice.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Yes, DC has exceptional service but it lacks when it come to the gym, spa and pool area. For me... for a Hyatt to be called best in the US the hotel has to be a destination of it''s own... The best of the best has to have more than great customer service going on... I'm sure there are several Hyatt Place Hotels where the service is exceptional but the facilities at the hotel suck.

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek as a hotel is a far more outstanding destination than Park Hyatt DC, with it's lap pool, spa and outstanding gym, great restaurants and wine program... oh and don't forget the ice skating Rink, ski slopes and all the great outdoor activities available year round.

We took the Amtrak from NYC, caught a cab from the train station to the hotel. Cab driver tried to charge extra for our luggage, even though my partner and I placed them in the boot as he didn't get out of the vehicle. Doorman at the PH DC overhears, says "Mr M0hamed, I will take care of this. My colleagues are waiting for you to check in."

By the time we arrive at the check in desk they know who I am and apologise for the cold welcome to DC. Within moments of arriving in the room the doorman delivers White wine (based on my preferences at the PH MEL) and some home made Apple pie and ice cream with a handwritten card saying that they wanted to ensure we had a warm welcome to DC.

We never had to pay for the cab in the end. The cab fare ended up being the doorman's tip, and rightfully so.

Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
Yes, DC has exceptional service but it lacks when it come to the gym, spa and pool area. For me... for a Hyatt to be called best in the US the hotel has to be a destination of it''s own... The best of the best has to have more than great customer service going on... I'm sure there are several Hyatt Place Hotels where the service is exceptional but the facilities at the hotel suck.

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek as a hotel is a far more outstanding destination than Park Hyatt DC, with it's lap pool, spa and outstanding gym, great restaurants and wine program... oh and don't forget the ice skating Rink, ski slopes and all the great outdoor activities available year round.

I nominate the rooftop pool @ the Andaz WeHo
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:55 am

Programs: Diamond Hyatt; Platinum DL, AA, SPG; Gold UA
Top 38 Hyatts in US:

1-10. PH Chicago
11. Andaz San Diego (great party scene, if you're into that)
22. Hyatt Key West
23. PH DC
24. GH NYC (although way too many tourists...)
25. Andaz wall st
26. Andaz 5th ave
37. GH DFW (great for layover, that's about it)
38. HR Minneapolis (recent renovation, pretty good)
Old Sep 20, 2012, 1:40 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France

Sebastien Archambault, former Chef at Andaz WEHO, is now at Park Hyatt Washington. Sebastien did not learn the hospitality business, he is born with it ! Nomi at PH Chicago badly needs him since Christophe David left.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:22 am
Suspended

Hyatt Key West??? one of the most disappointing Hyatt's as it's not a resort or even a full service Hyatt. They gym is the size of my walk in closet at home, it's basically an upscale motor lodge trying to be a resort.

Originally Posted by mcavin
Top 38 Hyatts in US:

1-10. PH Chicago
11. Andaz San Diego (great party scene, if you're into that)
22. Hyatt Key West
23. PH DC
24. GH NYC (although way too many tourists...)
25. Andaz wall st
26. Andaz 5th ave
37. GH DFW (great for layover, that's about it)
38. HR Minneapolis (recent renovation, pretty good)
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:26 am
Suspended

Another best in my book is Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa, The Hyatt Regency Scottsdale is another fantastic property.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
I haven't stayed at as many properties as you guys but here are some of my favorites.

1. GH DFW- love this hotel. Would I go here just to vacation? No but it's great for my needs.
2. GH Seattle- another great hotel. Stunning lobby and the blackout shades are great.
3. HR Newport Beach- great hotel with great staff. Beautiful property with lots of tennis courts near and beaches and mostly walking area
4. GH Tampa- another beautiful property and oystercatcher's is great.
5. GH Denver- always feels cozy and has a place in my heart because I go to Colorado so much

That's it and like I said I rarely travel to places with park Hyatt's and if I do guess who's paying for it? Me! I don't splurge on hotels unless I have to. Great thread. Although unless my dumbness is showing I thought this was a continental us Hyatt report and Hawaii isint part of the continental us. But maybe Oregon education didn't pay off for me

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.