Points Transfers

Old Aug 25, 2012, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Points Transfers

First off, I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere...

We want to transfer points from one person to another and understand that transfers need to be done in conjuction with a reservation.

If the reservation is later cancelled, will the points stay in the recipient's account or be returned to their original owner?

Any insights anyone can provide would be very much appreciated.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
My understanding, Hyatt does not transfer points.

So if an account you are making an award reservation under has insufficient points for the award, you can combine points from other account(s). Not simple, a form is required and is available here: http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/awards/combine_transfer.jsp

Upon cancellation of a "combined" points award, the points return to originating account(s).
Old Aug 27, 2012, 7:23 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by ddfr
First off, I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere...

We want to transfer points from one person to another and understand that transfers need to be done in conjuction with a reservation.

If the reservation is later cancelled, will the points stay in the recipient's account or be returned to their original owner?

Any insights anyone can provide would be very much appreciated.
Hi ddfr!

The points would go into the recipient's GP account, as that is the account tied to the reservation. Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Nick B.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I just phoned GP trying to do a point combining & was told that effective 24 Sep. 2012, any number of points can be transferred & the receiver need not have a specific reservation. However, the giver must wait 30 days before giving points to anyone again.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan
I just phoned GP trying to do a point combining & was told that effective 24 Sep. 2012, any number of points can be transferred & the receiver need not have a specific reservation. However, the giver must wait 30 days before giving points to anyone again.
This is great news. Very easy -- just fill out form and email it in. http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/...e_transfer.jsp
Old Oct 24, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
My friend & I just did it successfully. Points posted in my account as receiver the next day. The Hyatt rep. agreed with my idea to write "NA" in the blank for the reservation #.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan
My friend & I just did it successfully. Points posted in my account as receiver the next day. The Hyatt rep. agreed with my idea to write "NA" in the blank for the reservation #.
The form I filled out today didn't have a line for a res #. They must have already updated them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.