Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Global Fall Promotion - Imagine the Possibilities - bonus points - 9/1/12-11/30/12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Fall Promotion - Imagine the Possibilities - bonus points - 9/1/12-11/30/12

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
This type of bantering always occurs whenever a promo is announced early and right off the bat folks just swear they are moving all their stays w/o knowing what other brands are offering. So what are other promos for the Fall? Anyone?

I for one welcomes this until another brand can top it.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by thepinenuts
Let Diamond lapse, used to stay 25-35 times a year. Not any more. Their promos suck. Enjoying Marriott now.
If you are enjoying Marriott now, it must be due to the stays and not their promo's...which are not better than this one.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
If you are enjoying Marriott now, it must be due to the stays and not their promo's...which are not better than this one.
Well this summer I got a free night for 2 stays at Marriott (tier 1-4), while I got zip for my stays at Hyatt.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:58 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . Delta Diamond . All kinds of car rental statuses
It seems that Hyatt hates this Japan-based Diamond member.
since the the whole business of Hyatt becoming a credit card company instead of one the values its hotel guests I have had zero Hyatt stays, I've never gone below 30 in any given year before.

too lame

edit:
I've used points for some stays, but haven't booked any revenue stays.
No plan to either
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:39 am

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Well this summer I got a free night for 2 stays at Marriott (tier 1-4), while I got zip for my stays at Hyatt.
This summer I got $500 in Southwest credit plus diamond amenities for my Hyatt stays. For me, better than two $79 stays at a dumpy airport Marriott.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:47 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by Vinodavid
This summer I got $500 in Southwest credit plus diamond amenities for my Hyatt stays. For me, better than two $79 stays at a dumpy airport Marriott.
That works if you have short stays, at low priced properties. Mine were longer stays, at high priced properties.

So I couldn't take advantage of the 4-5 times bonus miles, since points I earn at HGP would be worth more than the maximum number of miles I could earn per stay.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 1:00 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Originally Posted by rfrost
Are you so certain that the deterioration in service you cite is because of award redemptions? I have only my own observations to go on, but both the Churchill and PHV seem to me to have a healthy number of paying customers--if they're closing the restaurants early, perhaps it's because those customers are dining elsewhere, there's additional earnings pressure on them now that Hyatt is a public company, etc. I don't think the service at the Churchill was ever that great (Club staff aside), and the wines they serve in the Club have never been particularly good; the food offerings, on the other hand, have been genuinely enhanced. As for the PHV, I have had occasional serious service issues over the years, but haven't noticed any increase in them, but then I've spent less time there in the last couple of years. (I don't spend sufficient time at the Andaz, where I experienced abysmal service in its first two years, to comment.)
I don't have the CC, by the way, though I have the luxury of making that decision, and I appreciate how the lack of it can rankle (just as I have been annoyed by BA shareholder discount, Tesco deals, and the like that are not available to US residents).
To return to the subject of this thread, I think it's a fairly lame promotion. I have a sufficient number of stays booked that I'll probably benefit from it to the extent of something less than a free night at the PHV, and I'll move a December booking to an earlier date so I hit one of the thresholds and requalify for Diamond at the same time.
Park Hyatt Vendôme was equipped with the best TV: Bang & Olufsen, in all the rooms. Now they have cheap Samsung, anyone can buy at local media market in France for a third of the price of the room. However, they kept B&O in all the suites.

Last edited by Ducatibiker; Aug 4, 2012 at 1:45 am
Old Aug 4, 2012, 7:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalkers,

We’re excited to announce the latest Hyatt Gold Passport global bonus point promotion, Imagine the Possibilities.

You can earn 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your first five eligible nights and 10,000 more for every five nights after that. Earn up to 65,000 bonus points redeemable for free nights with no blackout dates, room upgrades and more. Simply register by October 31 and stay at any Hyatt hotel worldwide from September 1 through November 30.

The more nights you stay, the more bonus points you earn!

Stay Earn Total Bonus Points Earned
5 Nights + 5,000 bonus points = 5,000
10 Nights + 10,000 bonus points = 15,000
15 Nights + 10,000 bonus points = 25,000
20 Nights + 10,000 bonus points = 35,000
25 Nights + 10,000 bonus points = 45,000
30 Nights + 10,000 bonus points = 55,000
35 Nights + 10,000 bonus points = 65,000

Plus, if you’re a Hyatt Credit Card member, you’ll earn 20% more bonus points – an additional 1,000 after your first five nights and 2,000 additional for every five nights after that.

For more information, please look for upcoming details on hyatt.com.

To register, please visit Hyatt.com or call 1-800-228-3360 on August 15. Registration ends October 31.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at any one of nearly 500 hotels around the world.

Safe travels,

Jeff Zidell
Woo hoo... look at me run back to HYATT

NOT
Old Aug 4, 2012, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Vinodavid
Hyatt had a 'Diamond Amenities' summer promo?

I must have missed that one...
Old Aug 4, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: SWA A+ & CP, Delta GM, Hyatt Diamond, *wood Plat, HH Diamond
Better than nothing, better than the summer promo, higher earning cap than the spring promo.

Looks like Hyatt will get 35 nights back from Hilton, and I will get another week in Kauai next summer.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 11:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, AA EXP, Virgin Elevate
I disagree, this is not better than the spring promo. On the spring promo you earned more bonus points per night, even tho it was capped at 44,000... but you only needed to stay 16 nights during that period.

For those who are easily swayed by a free muffin or a bag of popcorn this is a great deal. This is a weak promo, not good enough for me to change my travel plans to stay exclusively at Hyatt, like I have done in the past.

On a bright note I'll won't feel like I'm missing out staying at non-Hyatt's this fall. I'll choose hotels by quality of the product/service not by a promo.

http://loyaltylobby.com/2012/01/26/h...-bonus-points/

Originally Posted by ckohlun
Better than nothing, better than the summer promo, higher earning cap than the spring promo.

Looks like Hyatt will get 35 nights back from Hilton, and I will get another week in Kauai next summer.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ckohlun
Better than nothing, better than the summer promo
There was a summer promo? It was obviously so pathetic that I must have missed that one
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by crystak
There was a summer promo? It was obviously so pathetic that I must have missed that one
Actually, both Marriott and SPG had solid promos.

Triple SPG points are not bad at all, although inferior to the promos from 2009-2011 and 3 free nights ( limited to Cat.4 ) for 6 stays at a Marriott is not too bad either.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Andaz5
This is a weak promo, not good enough for me to change my travel plans to stay exclusively at Hyatt, like I have done in the past.
And I'm pretty sure that's not their goal nor expectation.

Hyatt must be pretty comfortable with their booking stream heading into the fall. So they throw out a promo that will help pick up a small number of nights at relatively low cost. Nights that will enhance revenue that they're already pretty confident about.

I suspect most folks who frequent Hyatt (the 'normal' frequent guests who don't obsess about these things like we do here) will pay a little more attention than usual about the number of nights they direct to Hyatt vs. other options during this period and move a night or two or three over, just to reach the next 5 night promo threshold.

That's what I will do. I already have 8 nights booked at Hyatt during that period. I would expect at least 4 or 5 more to naturally come up between now and then. Let's say it's 5 more, which would put me at 13. Assuming nothing better is on offer at Starwood, and the hotel options are relatively equal or inconsequential to me for a particular stay, I will try to shift 2 stays from Starwood to Hyatt in order to hit the 15 threshold -- but this promo certainly won't motivate me to do more.

I'm pretty confident that's all HGP expects.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
So what are other promos for the Fall? Anyone?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...promotion.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.