Combine 2 Free Nights with Rewards Nights

Subscribe
I am thinking about applying for the Hyatt Visa card through Chase, which includes 2 free nights in any Hyatt property.

I'm interested in 4 nights in a Category 6 property, so I thought if I applied for this card and transferred 44,000 UR points to my Hyatt account I could book the first 2 nights with the "Free Nights" and the second 2 nights as Rewards Nights.

As it turns out this hotel has a 3 night minimum stay, so that won't work. Can I still make this reservation, either online or by phone, by mixing Free Nights and Rewards Nights?

Sorry in advance if this is answered somewhere else, but I couldn't find it.
I don't think there would be a problem. It is probably best to call. Good luck.
Quote: I don't think there would be a problem. It is probably best to call. Good luck.
I'm not sure. I was told by my Private Line Agent that you can't mix the 2 Chase Suite nights (from the credit card to current Diamonds) and 1 points night for a Suite to meet the minimum 3 nights on points awards for Suites - but obviously you can book for only 2 nights using the Chase nights.

It's probably best to call or Private Message our Gold Passport Concierge here on Flyertalk.
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.979 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Please report back on outcome OP! I'm sure you're not the only one who has run into this issue.
Quote: Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.979 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Please report back on outcome OP! I'm sure you're not the only one who has run into this issue.
The reservationist was able to handle this request no problem by phone if anyone else needs to combine Free Nights with Reward Nights into one reservation.
i am sure a call to plat line will solve everything, or even book seaparetly and then call the hotel would work too
Quote: i am sure a call to plat line will solve everything, or even book seaparetly and then call the hotel would work too
It there's a minimum stay requirement, you wouldn't be able to make the booking on hyatt.com. You need to call.

The same situation would arise when trying to combine free or rewards nights and paid nights to meet a minimum stay requirement.