Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Incheon, Korea REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Incheon, Korea REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Last year as a Diamond I had to push very hard to be upgraded to the West tower on a P&C rate, so I would say there is likely no chance of a Disc being upgraded to the West tower on a free night.
Thanks. What I suspected.

Do the rooms in the East Tower have separate tub and shower or only a walk in shower?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
Have a stay coming up, a few questions

I see lounge is on 12th floor - is that west tower only?

what's the breakfast situation for globalist?

thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by explorer84
Have a stay coming up, a few questions

I see lounge is on 12th floor - is that west tower only?

what's the breakfast situation for globalist?

thanks!
GC Lounge only.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
Originally Posted by Aventine
GC Lounge only.
is the lounge open for breakfast, i saw a previous post it was open in the evening - also which tower? thanks
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by explorer84
is the lounge open for breakfast, i saw a previous post it was open in the evening - also which tower? thanks
I think the east tower GC is for families and usually open on weekends? West tower 12th floor one does breakfast and cocktail hour.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:56 am

thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
The lounge is the new tower is always open, the one is the old tower is only open when the hotel is busy, mostly weekends. When both are open they try to direct Globs to the one in the old tower because the one is the new tower is filled with local families, but if both are open you are free to go to either, or both, if you want.

At least that was the situation last year.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
The lounge is the new tower is always open, the one is the old tower is only open when the hotel is busy, mostly weekends. When both are open they try to direct Globs to the one in the old tower because the one is the new tower is filled with local families, but if both are open you are free to go to either, or both, if you want.

At least that was the situation last year.
The families should do the long walk.

I mean, they already took over both the pools!
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The families should do the long walk.

I mean, they already took over both the pools!
And yet there's a designated children's pool. Why aren't children required to use that one?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
And yet there's a designated children's pool. Why aren't children required to use that one?
I think the hotel just acquiesces and lets the guests with kids do what they want. They don't care for the solitary lap traveler.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
.....and yet, they're an airport hotel and in many ways (definitely including location), they're the best airport hotel for ICN. Also, they didn't seem to have this problem/attitude before the new tower was built and they became a Grand Hyatt rather than just a Hyatt Regency.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

.....and yet, they're an airport hotel and in many ways (definitely including location), they're the best airport hotel for ICN. Also, they didn't seem to have this problem/attitude before the new tower was built and they became a Grand Hyatt rather than just a Hyatt Regency.
Yes, it's an interesting dichotomy between local ICN guests and travellers. The restaurant is definitely better than the GC so you're not missing much!
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I love how this hotel designated all their suites to be premium suites and probably somehow excluded them from the Golden Globe suite upgrade program. Anyone had a suite there recently?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:55 am

I love how this hotel designated all their suites to be premium suites and probably somehow excluded them from the Golden Globe suite upgrade program. Anyone had a suite there recently?
I did, with a TSU, but it wasn't the suite category that was confirmed by my My Hyatt Concierge. [I need to follow up on what happened.]

BTW, at the time of my reservation and around the time I checked out, there were three suite categories that specifically were standard suites according to the text in the descriptions, while at least one suite type available on line was not considered a standard suite. [Of the three, I picked the one I wanted, but was given one that I would not have chosen.] I suspect that there's a Presidential Suite etc. in addition to the categories that you can easily see on their website.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did, with a TSU, but it wasn't the suite category that was confirmed by my My Hyatt Concierge. [I need to follow up on what happened.]

BTW, at the time of my reservation and around the time I checked out, there were three suite categories that specifically were standard suites according to the text in the descriptions, while at least one suite type available on line was not considered a standard suite. [Of the three, I picked the one I wanted, but was given one that I would not have chosen.] I suspect that there's a Presidential Suite etc. in addition to the categories that you can easily see on their website.
This property closed their lounge in the new building? How was breakfast in the restaurant?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.