Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency SFO airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency SFO airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2006, 9:16 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
TBS, glad it went well. The 1000 GP points for Diamond amenity is always an option at North American Hyatts (except some Park Hyatts, e.g. Philadelphia where the amenity is pre-positioned in the room). The form that David may have shown you lists this 1W point bonus at the bottom.

Unless the hour is very late, I take the amenity form to my room and decide later. This allows you to quiz room service about the food/beverage choices, and/or substitute something, which they are usually happy to do. Or decide you want points after all.

FYI: the SFO Regency Club is closed for the holidays until January 8, 2007.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 6:45 pm

SFO update

Stayed here Friday night. RC floor, 9th, closed for renovation. Got coupon for breakfast buffet. Value about $18. The buffet was OK. They seem to have been improving and adding more choices.
$83.50 Senior rate, G1 plus W1 made for a total of 2600+ GP points and 1/2 FFN.
I'll do it again, maybe several more times during this FFN promotion period.
Also, got the free wifi but had to talk to a manager as front desk didn't seem to have the info.
Bob
Old Sep 12, 2007, 10:21 pm
sy7

Originally Posted by bob95409
Stayed here Friday night. RC floor, 9th, closed for renovation. Got coupon for breakfast buffet. Value about $18. The buffet was OK. They seem to have been improving and adding more choices.
$83.50 Senior rate, G1 plus W1 made for a total of 2600+ GP points and 1/2 FFN.
I'll do it again, maybe several more times during this FFN promotion period.
Also, got the free wifi but had to talk to a manager as front desk didn't seem to have the info.
Bob
You can also use the breakfast vouchers at the bakery/sandwich shop in the lobby if you don't want the buffet. I wasn't that impressed with the breakfast buffet (but it's been a while since I've had it). However, the bakery items were pretty high quality in the lobby shop, eg something I would be willing to pay for even without any vouchers, and you can also get Odwalla juices, etc. $18 (or $36 if you put down 2 people occupying the room) can get you a LOT of food!
Old Sep 16, 2007, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Drilling and hammering started at 9:00am, yesterday, Saturday, morning. I had not seen or heard any advisory about this (and had not read this thread!). I wasn't as concerned about the time, as that I wasn't told. I brought this to the attention of the front desk, and was promptly issued a 50% refund. She knew of the problem near my room - even that it was carpet installation - and apologized "profuciously", as my brother says.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Originally Posted by Firewind
Drilling and hammering started at 9:00am, yesterday, Saturday, morning. I had not seen or heard any advisory about this (and had not read this thread!). I wasn't as concerned about the time, as that I wasn't told. I brought this to the attention of the front desk, and was promptly issued a 50% refund. She knew of the problem near my room - even that it was carpet installation - and apologized "profuciously", as my brother says.
Were you placed on the 9th floor? I just checked in and the hotel put me into a newly renovated 9th floor room.....don't know if this means that I'd be subject to noise. However, judging from the location of the renovation, it appears the rooms to the left side of the RC had been renovated, while the rooms to the right side of the RC are still under renovation.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No noise so far on sunday morning and I am on my way out. The remodeled room looks nice but I can't understand why hyatt place gets 42" flat screens while full service hyatts are stuck with 27" CRTs (SFO) or rather smallish 32" LCDs (Santa Clara) even after renovations. Aside from this minor issue everything is in good shape (RC is great as usual) and I plan to be back soon.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Sorry to be so late as to be of no value, jkc22, but it was a jr. suite on the 8th. How did you fare?

And, by the way, to azepine00, I'm now at the ("Oracle") Summerfield in Belmont where the TVs are still CRTs. But I had a conversation with the new GM, who told me that they will have the flat screens in all the rooms after renovation. Three in each suite. That's a lot of flat screens.

Interesting aside: Her management company (Island Management?) bought all the Summerfields, she said, and they also own many Marriotts, including the one near here. I had seen a change of ownership sign in the entrance, and inquired as to what brand it was going to be. But it was just about the management company. I know that it's often just a logo out front, but am always impressed to see how cozy this business really is. even across brands.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Sorry to be so late as to be of no value, jkc22, but it was a jr. suite on the 8th. How did you fare?
I'm in a newly renovated room on the 9th. After experiencing this room, I'd take any renovated room over non-renovated rooms/suites. I rarely get upgraded to suites at SFO (only twice in over 60 stays). I definitely would like to try getting one of the suites when the renovation is complete.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 9:46 pm

Good on you.

Even as a Diamond, I usually get a freeway view, because I pay bottom dollar. This was one of two suites I've gotten at SFO. Sweet. Unfortunately, I usually feel like a BB in a bucket when I'm solo in a suite. But I don't complain.....

Shame the renovated rooms don't have flat screens. "Camping out" as I am in a Summerfield room that has everything a Residence Inn has, and a comparably comfortable bed (to Hyatt), and free highspeed, and free full breakfast, and a complimentary treat from their pantry, and the G1 bonus, and will have three flat screens in every suite (well, in the two-bedroom ones), I'm tempted to start a thread, "Hyatts vs. Summerfields?". However, thinking more on this, I'm sure an early comment would be, "Yeah, and in many cases they're costing more than Hyatts, too" ...as is the case, this weekend.

Last edited by Firewind; Sep 16, 2007 at 9:57 pm Reason: "the REST of the story..."
Old Sep 21, 2007, 5:41 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Part of the 9th floor is now open, including RC. Excercise room is locked.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 8:11 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Nice Renovation

Stayed there last night, in one of the renovated rooms on the 9th floor. Nice detailing. New artwork. Easy chair with wide oval ottoman in "Hyatt Place tan" color scheme, not matching the chair color. Sturdy, adjustable Aeron-type desk chair is a big improvement. Refrigerator in console below TV. New square bathroom sink and taps.

RC also lightly renovated. Most of the 9th floor is still blocked off for construction.

Fabulous availability of 4 newspapers in the RC continues, stacked in quantity and usually available into the evening.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Gold; OnePass; SkyMiles
Looking Good

Originally Posted by Explore
Stayed there last night, in one of the renovated rooms on the 9th floor. Nice detailing. New artwork. Easy chair with wide oval ottoman in "Hyatt Place tan" color scheme, not matching the chair color. Sturdy, adjustable Aeron-type desk chair is a big improvement. Refrigerator in console below TV. New square bathroom sink and taps.

RC also lightly renovated. Most of the 9th floor is still blocked off for construction.

Fabulous availability of 4 newspapers in the RC continues, stacked in quantity and usually available into the evening.
I just got back from another really enjoyable visit to this property. Scalini has reopend off the lobby, and the RC, although smallish, has SUPER concierges (Mimi is a dream) and outstanding evening hors d'oeuvres and cold breakfast buffet. The shuttle to & from the airport is very frequesnt and dependable. ^
Old Jan 18, 2008, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by mdusry

I just got back from another really enjoyable visit to this property. Scalini has reopend off the lobby, and the RC, although smallish, has SUPER concierges (Mimi is a dream) and outstanding evening hors d'oeuvres and cold breakfast buffet. The shuttle to & from the airport is very frequesnt and dependable. ^
I agree that this property is very good for an airport Hyatt. However "outstanding evening cold breakfast buffet"?? The evening serivce was the standard veggies, cheese & crackers, and some chafing dish thing that looked largely unappetizing. The breakfast is cereal bins like what we had in my franternity hours in college, somewhat weathered pasteries & bagels, and fruit. I would say the RC food offerings are average to below average at best.

The one real RC plus is that despite the silly CA laws, the RC concierge made sure my cocktails were free.

Agree on the concierge and airport shuttle.

Dining options in the area are pretty limited, but that gave me an excuse to walk over to In-n-Out when I was there on Tuesday.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gabatta
I would say the RC food offerings are average to below average at best.
Dining options in the area are pretty limited, but that gave me an excuse to walk over to In-n-Out when I was there on Tuesday.
RC food is of very decent quality for RC food in US.

There is plenty of excellent food around (although not within walking distance) in Burlingame (Broadway or Burlingame Ave. - can use burlingame trolley) or in Millbrae (on El Camino Real or a different Broadway just behind it).
Old Jan 20, 2008, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In-N-Out? Where's the In-N-Out?
On Millbrae Ave, on the other side of 101 and close to Milbrae BART station.
It's pretty far from Hyatt I wouldn't try to walk there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.