Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:49 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Stayed one night last week on a NBT Award.

Parked at the Embarcadaro center like posted above. $32 per day instead of $57 with the hotel.

Upgraded to a Suite without having to ask.

It looks like the entire side of the building might be suites from the Floor Plan on the door. I was put in room 956 which is on the end so it has a long balcony overlooking the bay & piers. I was very happy with it.

The Regency club also had a very nice spread for dinner. Make you own taco's, chicken wings, lots of veggies, smoked meats, some fruits, etc.

I'll certainly stay here again.
Old May 5, 2010, 6:10 pm

Just returned from the HR San Fran after a 1 night stay on an award. Hubby is Platinum. We were offered the Embarcadero Room for an additional $65 but we declined because we were not staying in the room that much. We were given room 1534 which had a wonderful view of the bay and a balcony. They also gave us a refrig and rollaway for free because we had a toddler. Usually a rollaway is $25 and refrig is $15. We utilized the *gasp* $57 valet parking because they said the other parking options did not have in and out privileges. The hotel was in a great area across from the ferry building.
Old May 6, 2010, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
I like the hotel quite a bit, and the location is great, but I've given up staying there because of the parking fee.

Any locals have some hints on alternatives?

TIA.
Old May 6, 2010, 3:23 pm

Programs: United 1P, Delta GM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SoManyMiles-SoLittleTime
I like the hotel quite a bit, and the location is great, but I've given up staying there because of the parking fee.

TIA.
Park at the Embarcadero Center for roughly 1/2 price or don't drive. If you're flying into SFO, take BART from the airport and pick up a car from one of the rental outlets when you need it. You shouldn't need a car in the city barring disability or age related issues, but I can certainly understand the need for a car for daytrips. Maybe w/ a bit more detail on what you're planning to do, I can suggest some other options (I work across the street from the hotel).
Old May 6, 2010, 3:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by SoManyMiles-SoLittleTime

TIA.
I used to live in Alameda and commute to downtown SF for work.

1) For a weekend stay: If you are brave enough, I would park at the West Oakland BART station. Free parking starting from Friday afternoon until Sunday evening. 10 minute train ride. Train comes every 5 or 10 minutes. Be careful, West Oakland BART station can be shady. $11.60 round-trip for two people. Embarcader BART station right next to Hyatt.

2) Park at ferry terminal. 25 minute ferry ride. Free parking every day. Drops you off at ferry terminal which is a 5 minute walk from Hyatt. Nice Saturday morning Farmers Market.

http://www.eastbayferry.com/
Old May 6, 2010, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
I have stayed there several times, very nice hotel. Filmed part of several movies there, Towering Inferno and High Aniexty.
Old May 7, 2010, 10:43 am

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by 90minfromJFK-CDG
Maybe w/ a bit more detail on what you're planning to do, I can suggest some other options (I work across the street from the hotel).
I fly into SFO, rent a car, drive to hotel, then out heading south along peninsula fairly early.

Alternative now is to stay at Hyatt SFO. My rates are the same for both hotels; parking makes a huge difference
Old May 7, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Looking forward to a stay there tomm night for 107 a night. They hotel called and said it was a mistake and should be 143 a night. I have print outs, so lets see what happens
Old May 7, 2010, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by chanp
Looking forward to a stay there tomm night for 107 a night. They hotel called and said it was a mistake and should be 143 a night. I have print outs, so lets see what happens
Hi there,
you might want to tell them that last night at around 8-9pm, their rates for Sat. night (5/8/10) plummeted. So I was able to book king room for the Peter Pan Package (PPAN) for $83.00 per night for tonight and tomorrow night and was able to book the AAA BREAKF rate for $89 for tomorrow night only for a second room.
Old May 7, 2010, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
FYI: I also got the $89.00 AAA rate. This is no mistake, I've gotten this rate before at this hotel. Every so often during slow weekends they drop the rate for a few hours. I also booked a room at SFO for $71. Love it, Hyatt Place rates at full service hotels! FYI that Peter Pan Tent is an eyesore. UGLY.

Originally Posted by kishna
Hi there,
you might want to tell them that last night at around 8-9pm, their rates for Sat. night (5/8/10) plummeted. So I was able to book king room for the Peter Pan Package (PPAN) for $83.00 per night for tonight and tomorrow night and was able to book the AAA BREAKF rate for $89 for tomorrow night only for a second room.
Old May 7, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by francophile
I used to live in Alameda and commute to downtown SF for work.

1) For a weekend stay: If you are brave enough, I would park at the West Oakland BART station. Free parking starting from Friday afternoon until Sunday evening. 10 minute train ride. Train comes every 5 or 10 minutes. Be careful, West Oakland BART station can be shady. $11.60 round-trip for two people. Embarcader BART station right next to Hyatt.

2) Park at ferry terminal. 25 minute ferry ride. Free parking every day. Drops you off at ferry terminal which is a 5 minute walk from Hyatt. Nice Saturday morning Farmers Market.

http://www.eastbayferry.com/
francophile, I like your idea of the ferry from Jack London Square (we are going to an event there first, then on to stay at the Hyatt). But the East Bay Ferry web site says no overnight parking. I am not brave enough to leave the car overnight at West Oakland BART (or any Oakland BART station). May have to bite the bullet & pay at Embarcadero Center parking, plus bridge toll . . . Normally I take BART from home, but the Jack London event changes things.
Old May 7, 2010, 3:50 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by chanp
I think I saw this rate last night, it was under $100, I didn't click through to see what the total cost was, but I've never seen a rate that low for this hotel. I was so tired though that I went to sleep w/o booking and I tried again early this morning it was gone.
Do post what happens at the hotel though.
Old May 7, 2010, 5:40 pm

Programs: United 1P, Delta GM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
There is the option of parking across the street from the hotel. IIRC, this might for a weekend stay as it's Mon/Wed/Fri street sweeping from 2-6am.
Old May 7, 2010, 6:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by Steph58
But the East Bay Ferry web site says no overnight parking.

Yes, it does say no overnight parking. However, I used to park my car overnight all the time at the Alameda ferry terminal (not the one on Bay Farm but the one near the naval base) and I never got a ticket. YMMV.
Old May 12, 2010, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by aau
I think I saw this rate last night, it was under $100, I didn't click through to see what the total cost was, but I've never seen a rate that low for this hotel. I was so tired though that I went to sleep w/o booking and I tried again early this morning it was gone.
Do post what happens at the hotel though.
I stayed at the hotel this past weekend with the AAA $89 rate. There were no problems at all.

This was my first trip to this hotel and it was great. The room was clean, had a great view of the bay the bed was comfortable and the RC Lounge had a nice spread in the evening and the morning. The coolest thing about the room was the TV in the bathroom mirror!

The evening spread consisted of some generously sized meatballs, mushroom and artichoke pizza, fresh veggies and a few other things. For breakfast there were bagels, toast/english muffins, pastries, hard boiled eggs and smoked salmon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.