Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2005, 8:47 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
The RC is located on 6, I think, not a top floor as usual. Nice hotel, but nothing great. Take advantage of the shuttle bus to/from Shinjuku station it will save you the walk or taxi and heaven only knows it usually is hot in Tokyo in August. I am not sure where the Century shuttle picks up at Shinjuku, but get the schedule from the hotel and take the shuttle to Shinjuku and then they can show you were the pick up is. The walk is 6-7 blocks. If you have not been to Japan and/or Shinjuku the station is massive and busy, but it is a real "experience". I have only stayed at the Century 3 or 4 times, and those were some years ago. Now I only stay at the PH (always on points).
Old Jul 15, 2005, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I hear thatthe Club floors and Club lounge have been recently renovated. I haven't been there since the renovation, but reports are that it is quite nice now. It has never been a bad hotel, quite functional and relatively cheap, just getting a little long in the tooth.

You can see some pics here: http://www.centuryhyatt.co.jp/news/0...ejenshe_1.html

Last edited by Pickles; Jul 15, 2005 at 3:26 am
Old Jul 15, 2005, 5:58 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I would contact the Hotel. As a D they are good about trying to accomodate requests. I would also take a D suite upgrade cert with me for a try. It has been reported and photos have been posted to a link showing the new Lounge. I intend to give the Hotel a try again. Location ok. A little quiet but close to Shinjuku Station. The GHT is much more interesting at least based upon my CHT experience a couple years ago. But. Once again looking forward to giving it a try again.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:39 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
Century Tokyo

Disappointed in last week's stay at the Century Hyatt Tokyo. The bed was surprisingly hard and uncomfortable. In addition, the water temperature continued to fluctuate hot/cold during each of the 4 showers taken during my stay.

Looks like the Park gets my future business!!
Old May 24, 2006, 12:08 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Uh, the two hotels are in a completely different class, hardly comparable. If you expected a PHT-like experience at the Century Hyatt, it isn't surprising you were unhappy. Of course, the rate differential between the two hotels reflects this difference.

Still, you should have complained about BOTH of these issues at the time they occurred. This kind of problem, I find, is best dealt with by calling it to management's attention as soon as possible.
Old May 25, 2006, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
i would have to agree with RichardSF, they're completely different hotels. we stayed at the century last week and were perfectly satisfied with what we got for what we paid, although i concur with the op about the beds. i just figured it was a japanese thing and let it go.

if the shower in our bedroom had exhibited the same qualities as the op, you can bet i would have complained, and swiftly. ^
Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
We stayed for 4 days last week and the overall service and experience had been good; the shuttle bus service was particularly convenient.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Century Hyatt Tokyo

I did my searches but cannot find detailed information on this property compared to the other Hyatt properties in Tokyo. We are both lowly Golds and booked the room with the Stay choice certificates at US$135/night. Just need info re: use of gym, hotel rooms and proximity etc. Tipping of bellboys etc........... Thanks Hyattites !

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jan 14, 2007 at 7:05 am Reason: title incorrect
Old Jan 13, 2007, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I did my searches but cannot find detailed information on this property compared to the other Hyatt properties in Tokyo. We are both lowly Golds and booked the room with the Stay choice certificates at US$135/night. Just need info re: use of gym, hotel rooms and proximity etc. Tipping of bellboys etc........... Thanks Hyattites !
I think you can't find detailed information because there is no Century Park Hyatt in Tokyo.

There is a Century Hyatt in Shinjuku (one of many high-rises in the high-rise area) tokyo.century.hyatt.com ... it is not a Park Hyatt

There is a Park Hyatt (the hotel where "Lost in Translation" was filmed)
tokyo.park.hyatt.com ... also in Shinjuku, on the 39th through 52nd floors of the Shinjuku Park Tower. This is by far the nicest of the 3 properties.

And finally there is a Grand Hyatt in Roppongi. Roppongi is an entertainment area with lots of bars, etc. It is newer and nicer than the Century Hyatt.

Both Shinjuku and Roppongi are fairly well served with the hyperefficient Japanese Metro and connecting Japan Rail network. From the airport, you can take a Limousine Bus (about $30) to any of these hotels. If you've been to Tokyo before and understand the train and subway systems, you could also take the Narita Express trains, but for a newbie, the Limousine Bus is best.

No tipping of anyone anywhere in Japan. There is usually a service charge in more expensive hotels and restaurants, but never ever is there a tip. In fact a tip might be insulting if it came from a Japanese person, although not from a gaijin; they'll realize you are simply unaware.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 1:29 pm

Programs: Various
Have a Look at my Mini CHT Review

I posted a quick Trip Report on the Century Hyatt Tokyo from my stay last November, maybe this will give you a few answers to questions, or help you with decision making. The use of the pool was at no charge, provided you have the correct swim attire. I did not check on the work out facilities, as I easily walked 5 miles a day while in Japan.

Flyer Talk - Trip Report - Century Hyatt Tokyo
Old Jan 14, 2007, 3:19 pm

It's about a 5 minute walk from the Park Hyatt Tokyo, so I recommend checking out the public areas of the Park Hyatt and considering the New York Grill for lunch. The easiest way to find it when walking from Shinjuku station is to follow the Tokyo Metropolitian Government Office exit signs; it is several blocks away from there.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
I stayed there two summers ago and agree with the report Robt760 wrote, except for a few details.

As a Diamond I had access to the RC, which is superb. Great food for breakfast, nice selection at dinner time, and free booze.

The RC floor is low, and the room I had as a Diamond was like on the 6th floor or so, also overlooking the park. Nice view. The room seemed larger than Robt760's pix.

The hotel was going through a remodel when I was there, so the pool area wasn't available (too bad since it was August), and they only had a very small temporary exercise facility. I understand that all the rooms have now been redone. My Diamond room had not been, but was perfectly fine, and as noted, quite large by Tokyo standards.

My recollection was that the bus to Shinjuku station was every 20 minutes (maybe just in the summer?). The walk was pleasant along a semi-underground shopping street.

Would I stay there again? Yup. Great location, and a great deal by Tokyo pricing.

Last edited by SoManyMiles-SoLittleTime; Sep 23, 2008 at 10:18 am Reason: Spelling, RCC->RC.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 7:03 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I am currently in this property. I am only Hyatt PLT, not Diamond. When checking in I got the following sheet about freebies because I am a member of GP:

GP Morning Refreshments 6-9:30

I checked it out this morning. Some pastries and Mr. Coffee-style coffee. Not something to write home about but free.

Swimming Pool and Fitness
Pool
Weekdays 6-21
Fitness
Weekdays 5-21

Internet is FREE!

I would definitely stay here again. It is right on top of the Tochomae Odeo line station and extremely convenient!

Note, it is the first hotel I've seen in over two years where they have actual metal keys (skeleton even!) instead of the magnetic or RFID cards.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:38 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by yosithezet

I checked it out this morning. Some pastries and Mr. Coffee-style coffee. Not something to write home about but free.

I would definitely stay here again. It is right on top of the Tochomae Odeo line station and extremely convenient!

Note, it is the first hotel I've seen in over two years where they have actual metal keys (skeleton even!) instead of the magnetic or RFID cards.
The Park Hyatt offers the following enhancements:

GP members: Coffee or Tea freshly brewed and delivered via room service with the full china set up (Is it called china in Japan? Oxymoron?) You fill out a slip in your room and they bring it at the exact time requested.

The hotel is NOT convenient to any transportation compared to Grand Hyatt, if you have anything more than a carry on, it will be a challenge.

The Park Hyatt has metal keys as well. Somebody in one of the threads says that they are Tiffany key rings with a metal key.

Sorry, didn't visit the pool, maybe next life time.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 5:19 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Rebranded

The hotel is now rebranded as Hyatt Regency Tokyo. Anyone know if any real change other than the brand?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.