FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Regency club access (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/134096-hyatt-regency-club-access.html)

ConsultantA Aug 9, 2001 5:43 pm

Hyatt Regency club access

I checked into Hyatt Regency SFO last week and the lady asked me if i want to pay $35/day for regency club access....I asked if I can get it for free and she said no. BUT, 2 weeks ago I checked into the same hotel and another lady gave me regency club access for free (the rate i paid 2 weeks ago is slightly more expense) ....what's the deal here?

I thought the people at the check-in counter should have enough power to give me regency club access....or they can only do it based on the rate i am paying?

thanks

LIH Prem Aug 9, 2001 6:48 pm

If your rate is an RC rate, you get RC access. If you are diamond elite, you get upgraded to an RC room which includes access or you just get RC access. Other than that, unless you have a coupon, you aren't entitled to access.

Do they have the power to give it away? Sure, I imagine that they do, but if they gave it out for free why would anybody pay a premium to get it? Also, the club would simply be too crowded during peek hours if they gave it away to anybody that asked for it for free.

Basically, you were fortunate to have received that nice gift on your first visit. I hope you enjoyed it! Also, it never hurts to ask, as long as not getting it won't disappoint too much.

-David

MisterNice Aug 10, 2001 2:08 pm

LIH Prem summed it up very well. As a Diamond I have always been given RC access but occasionally not RC rooms. No big deal and certainly OK by me.

My main complaint is many Hyatts seem to be closing their nice RC lounge.......and not just on weekends. Permently that is.

MisterNice

doc May 20, 2002 3:39 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MisterNice:

LIH Prem summed it up very well. As a Diamond I have always been given RC access but occasionally not RC rooms. No big deal and certainly OK by me.

My main complaint is many Hyatts seem to be closing their nice RC lounge.......and not just on weekends. Permently that is.

MisterNice

</font>
--

I too love the RC lounges and hate to increasingly find them closed or gone.!

How about on free stays such as NAN or FFN. Are you getting anything these days? Upgrades? Diamond amenities? Breakfast certs? RC access?

Thanks in advance for the info! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

-Mark

BoulderHyattHopper May 20, 2002 8:39 pm

So far we have used 7 of our FFN. We were upgraded to the PH (with RC access) at Grand Cypress during a VERY busy Easter / Spring Break weekend. We were upgrade to the RC at Scottsdale.

LIH Prem May 20, 2002 9:17 pm

I used free nights at Kauai ... you know the story there .. RC access at this resort is very difficult to get under any circumstances. Waikiki is probably better.

At SFO they always give me coupons for appetizers in Knuckles and for the breakfast buffet, but I haven't used any free night awards there..

-David

kv99 May 20, 2002 9:44 pm

ConsultantA is a Diamond based on his profile. Why would they ask him to pay for RC access?

CA -- what sort of rate were you on? were you on an internet rate of some sort?

Edited to add -- sorry just realized the original post is from last August! ConsultantA probably doesn't remember what kind of rate he was on!

[This message has been edited by kv99 (edited 05-20-2002).]

peter42 May 21, 2002 2:01 am

We were given a Deluxe Ocean Front RC room on a FFN award in Waikiki. Really nice room and RC !