Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ghzhammer
Not that anyone cares but I did post a video a few years ago of the PHT presidential suite. Sorry it was a long time ago in a world of vertical video lol. I hope you guys enjoy tho. Free upgrade as a diamond due to wrong bed type in the suite. Oh and lastly I had a very bad head cold at the time so sorry for the audio lol. If anyone is interested I do have a nice video of the govenenere or diplomatic suite I can't remember but based on the room discription online I think it's the diplomatic. Just ask and I can upload and post it, It's a much better quality video.

Presidential suite park hyatt Tokyo - YouTube
It looks enormous!! Holy cow.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 5:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Originally Posted by hailstorm
He bills himself as a Hyatt Diamond. That's pretty rare these days!
Glob is the worst program name ever !
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Stayed here recently as part of our honeymoon. We booked 2 days on full points and 1 day with the Globalist free night award. I used a TSU to upgrade to a suite and they pre-blocked the 3rd night (free night award) to allow us to the stay in the suite. The room was huge and really nice. I loved the tub hehe. We had a great view and could see Mt. Fuji on days when it wasn't cloudy. (Unfortunately only on our last day but we took a tour there so it wasn't that big of a deal.)

Upon arriving, there was a gift and bottle of champagne congratulating us on our honeymoon. I kept forgetting to drink any of the champagne but my husband did on the last night while I slept. He said it was pretty good and that he looked it up. It was a $80 bottle! so pretty nice. They also volunteered to take a picture of us, print it out, and frame it to celebrate our honeymoon. We decided to take it in the New York Bar restaurant, which I must say had one of the best steaks I have ever had in my life!

As a Globalist, the Twilight Time was a very nice benefit. Somehow, we managed to be at the hotel every day during that time even when we didn't plan to. We had some nice, endless drinks and the appetizers were decent. I agree that it's not meant to replace a full meal but it definitely cut down on the prices we had to pay to get full later. I definitely recommend it if you are in the hotel. I mean where else can you drink all you want for free for 3 hours?!? Even if you have to pay for it, I definitely recommend it if you tend to drink more than a couple of drinks in one sitting.

The free shuttle to Shinjuku station was useful to. From there, you can get anywhere and it beats walking between the station/hotel - 20ish min walk. We also enjoyed the free access to the spa. However, I will admit that it was a bit weird for me due to the Jacuzzi/steam room dress code - full birthday suit. Swim suits aren't allowed! But it is separated by male/female.

Last edited by cdancer20; Jun 12, 2017 at 10:43 am
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:58 pm

Has anyone had any luck getting a complimentary room upgrade? Staying 4 nights using free nights from the Hyatt card and we're celebrating our 30th anniversary. If yes, can I contact the e-concierge or do I email the GM for PH Tokyo (would anyone have the email)? Unfortunately, I didn't know about the M Life matching so I got downgraded to Discoverist when WoH came out.

TIA!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Can anyone tell me what room type you would get here if you use a suite upgrade?

We are Globalist and just made a four-night reservation (paid cash) and were denied the suite upgrade on the phone because of availability. I'm finding it harder and harder to use that perk.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by mbourgeois
Can anyone tell me what room type you would get here if you use a suite upgrade?

We are Globalist and just made a four-night reservation (paid cash) and were denied the suite upgrade on the phone because of availability. I'm finding it harder and harder to use that perk.
Confirmed suite upgrade awards book into Park Suite King or Twin.

They have been playing games lately, ask for a supervisor at the call center. Ask to have them call Duty Manager in Tokyo. That got it done for my stay next week when they initially denied the upgrade.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by footastic
Just got a pretty killer upgrade to room 5008 - I believe it's the tokyo suite.

Private Sauna and a kitchen. Very nice.
A bit random - do specialty suite guests receive significantly larger bottles of Aesop toiletries?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by Central90210
A bit random - do specialty suite guests receive significantly larger bottles of Aesop toiletries?
Yes, that's correct. Diplomat Suite gets the large bottles of Aesop toiletries. There is also a broader selection of Aesop amenities (e.g. mouth wash, same samples).

Park Hyatt Sydney still hands out Aesop (in large bottles) for their specialty suites as well.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77
Yes, that's correct. Diplomat Suite gets the large bottles of Aesop toiletries. There is also a broader selection of Aesop amenities (e.g. mouth wash, same samples).

Park Hyatt Sydney still hands out Aesop (in large bottles) for their specialty suites as well.
Thanks, that is very, very generous!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:11 pm

Thanks, that is very, very generous!
It's much less generous if you know the cost of goods to make the products!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SMK77

Park Hyatt Seoul as well. Has the small ones for all normal rooms, suites and big bottles in their specialty ones.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by MattEvan
It's much less generous if you know the cost of goods to make the products!
I would love to be able to purchase my supply of Aesop at cost, but sadly they retail for a lot!

Come to think of it, the last time I stayed here in a Park Suite, I asked for larger bottles of Aesop and the lady on the phone said they only have one size. Not sure if we were literally lost in translation now that you guys confirm they do have larger bottles, albeit for specialty suites.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I would love to be able to purchase my supply of Aesop at cost, but sadly they retail for a lot!

Come to think of it, the last time I stayed here in a Park Suite, I asked for larger bottles of Aesop and the lady on the phone said they only have one size. Not sure if we were literally lost in translation now that you guys confirm they do have larger bottles, albeit for specialty suites.
You can also see the larger bottles in Club on the Park.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:50 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
and PH MEL.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Originally Posted by m0hamed
and PH MEL.
FWIW, they were using Le Labo Bergamote in the non-suite rooms as of a couple weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.