Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 6:31 pm

Any updates on breakfast as I get closer to the stay I'm really hoping it's not true.
Old May 23, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
They mentioned to me that breakfast is now in the lounge only for Globalists
Old May 24, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by martyYYZ
They mentioned to me that breakfast is now in the lounge only for Globalists
A pity. the Lobby restaurant wasn't the greatest but it was nice of GH HK to give Diamonds/Globs a choice.

Old May 24, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Aventine
A pity. the Lobby restaurant wasn't the greatest but it was nice of GH HK to give Diamonds/Globs a choice.
This is a huge downgrade. Even Hilton Gold gets the full restaurant buffet at the Conrad.
Old May 24, 2017, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Aventine
Not sure if you've been since they redid Grand Cafe. It's a pretty nice breakfast.

Originally Posted by dpb132
This is a huge downgrade. Even Hilton Gold gets the full restaurant buffet at the Conrad.
Conrad HKG is a shining star in its treatment of elites.
Old May 25, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
The Club offering is one of the best any Hyatt has on offer. The hotel also looks after Globalist very well.

My first stay as Lifetime Globalist: Big celebration cake and a Thank You card signed by 20 different staff ranging from FO to GM. Very nice treat
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I needed a room in Hong Kong for the night and prices were quite high so I decided to book a club room on points. I had stayed at this property two years earlier. I wasn't a fan of the small room I had last time so I decided to go for a club room. Sadly the room smelled like mildew and wasn't very big. The view was of the pool and other buildings so kinda sad. The lounge was alright. I went there in the evening and morning. Basically smaller snack food. The red wine they had was very good. The staff in the lounge was good. The guy at the reception I couldn't understand what he was saying since his accent was soo thick. I still have no idea to this day what he was babbling about. I don't really care for the location. Its good if you need to be at the convention center but beyond that there are many other areas I'd rather stay. I had hoped by upgrading to the club level it would drastically improve my experience, but really it just cemented my impression that I would be much happier at the JW marriott or conrad. I won't stay again especially with a mildew smelling room which is just unacceptable at that level of establishment.
Finance_underling likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA 1K
This (!!) succinctly captures why I've finally decided not to bother going out of my way (literally) to make Diamond/Globalist (ugh) for the 10th year in a row.

I kept trying to rationalize giving my continued business and loyalty to a brand/program that has overall been very good to me over the years but recent trips (most recently SE Asia) where Hyatt properties were either non-existent (most common) or priced irrationally higher than equal or better (IMO) properties along with the numerous downgrades in benefits "enhancements" finally brought me to my senses.

Not gloating or smug at all - I was a genuine fan/huge supporter of GP and the vast majority of the properties (and staff) I visited worldwide. It'll be tough to walk away (and go against instinct to seek out -and often justify- Hyatt properties as first choice) but it simply isn't worth it for me and most of my friends/colleagues anymore. Just took me a while to finally accept it and start to move on. Time to finally "burn" instead of "earn", I guess.

Originally Posted by Kacee
It is if it's a downgrade from what was previously offered, particularly in the context of what I (and I believe many others) perceive to be a change in tone at many Hyatts. When I first challenged to Diamond three years ago I was blown away with the warm reception we got as Hyatt Diamonds. Now it too often seems that properties grudgingly provide the bare minimum that the rules require (with many actively striving to evade those requirements).

Contrast with my recent Marriott and SPG experiences, where I've been suite upgraded despite the complete absence of any rule requiring the property do that. That's how you build loyalty. But it's a concept not much in evidence during most of my Hyatt stays over the past year or so. (Exceptions: GH HKG, Andaz 5th.)

Note that this discussion is mostly theoretical and I'm hopeful there's been no permanent change at GH HKG, as this property has been a beacon for exemplary service and going above and beyond what the rules require.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by ghzhammer
Any updates on breakfast as I get closer to the stay I'm really hoping it's not true.
I've stayed here a few times since WoH, and have always been told no to breakfast at the cafe.

First time: There's a lot of construction work going on at the waterfront, so the view and noise means you won't have a comfortable dining experience.

Today: We've been told to align with WoH standards, which is breakfast only in the club. We'd like to still offer the cafe, but we've been told to stop.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by carmy
I've stayed here a few times since WoH, and have always been told no to breakfast at the cafe.

First time: There's a lot of construction work going on at the waterfront, so the view and noise means you won't have a comfortable dining experience.

Today: We've been told to align with WoH standards, which is breakfast only in the club. We'd like to still offer the cafe, but we've been told to stop.
I'm surprised the Asia flagship doesn't have more discretion in this regard.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA

sounds like BS
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

They have all the discretion they want.... they are simply costcutting.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Sounds legit to me based on what I was told several visits back about management's desire to differentiate their property by offering breakfast to Diamonds in the restaurant.

There have been other reports of corporate cracking down on properties that exceed the published benefits.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
There have been other reports of corporate cracking down on properties that exceed the published benefits.
Yet no crackdown on properties that don't provide published benefits?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Had a 3 night stay here recently and was not offered breakfast at the cafe. Found the variety in the lounge to be fairly extensive however and was definitely sufficient for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.