FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   AMEX / US Travel Hyatt Points deal (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1339406-amex-us-travel-hyatt-points-deal.html)

4aks Apr 24, 2012 1:56 pm

AMEX / US Travel Hyatt Points deal

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/O...8-3dffee23e403

AMEX 'Daily Getaways' with US Travel will offer Hyatt points around $0.01 each for purchase on May 9th

You can purchase with a non-AMEX card, but the cost is 10% higher

krazieman Apr 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Wow there are very few available unlike the other hotel chains.

Rumeli Apr 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by krazieman (Post 18454017)

Looks like Hyatt is adjusting to Wall Street.
Shareholders may like it when Hyatt gets stingy.
Other hotels give hundreds of certificates/points.
What a shame!

RM

taliesin Apr 24, 2012 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by krazieman (Post 18454017)

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I don't know if I'll even bother trying for this one.

martyYYZ Apr 24, 2012 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by taliesin (Post 18455043)
Yeah, it's ridiculous. I don't know if I'll even bother trying for this one.

They offered the exact same amount the previous 2 years so this year is no different, other than the bloggers are really pushing the promos this year

LIH Prem Apr 24, 2012 8:57 pm

All of those daily getaway deals are limited.

Yet somehow Hyatt's limited offer is a conspiracy related to Hyatt being a publicly listed company now. :rolleyes:

-David

taliesin Apr 25, 2012 12:48 am

Originally Posted by LIH Prem (Post 18455825)
All of those daily getaway deals are limited.

Yet somehow Hyatt's limited offer is a conspiracy related to Hyatt being a publicly listed company now. :rolleyes:

-David

I don't think it's a conspiracy. But Wyndham offered like 500 or so of each of their various deals, which were far more generous than what Hyatt is offering. Hyatt is offering 15 of each. It's not an offer, it's a chance to enter a lottery to win a mediocre prize. Mostly useless and irritating. If Hyatt don't want to participate, they shouldn't; offering such a token amount of packages is just going to annoy people.

DCBob Apr 25, 2012 3:17 am

Originally Posted by taliesin (Post 18456579)
Hyatt is offering 15 of each. It's not an offer, it's a chance to enter a lottery to win a mediocre prize. Mostly useless and irritating.

Wrong. There are 165 packages being offered:

100 @ 24,000 points, 35 @ 30,000 points, 15 @ 36,000 points, and 15 @ 69,000 points.

LIH Prem Apr 25, 2012 3:53 am

Wyndham was apparently a good deal. How many Wyndham points packages were you able to purchase?

The best deals in these promotions, year after year, always sell out very quickly. It's all a crap shoot. If you're interested, go for it. The best deals in this promotion have always been a crap shoot, or if you prefer, a lottery for those that are able to log in and press enter at exactly the right moment.

-David

GUWonder Apr 25, 2012 4:07 am

Originally Posted by LIH Prem (Post 18457008)
Wyndham was apparently a good deal. How many Wyndham points packages were you able to purchase?

Wyndham sold 2,000 packages this time -- two thousand.

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
The best deals in these promotions, year after year, always sell out very quickly. It's all a crap shoot. If you're interested, go for it. The best deals in this promotion have always been a crap shoot, or if you prefer, a lottery for those that are able to log in and press enter at exactly the right moment.

-David

The best deals in these promotions actually did not sell out as quickly year-after-year in prior years as they are selling out this year. [It's now much more difficult to get the packages this year than it was even last year; and last year was tougher than the prior year but nowhere near as close to as tough as this year.]

[I don't think there are that many people (if any) who have bought as many Daily Getaway packages as I have over the years -- and those were mainly for deals that are far more generous than what Hyatt has offered now or before via these Daily Getaway packages.]

It's now far more akin to a lottery/"crap shoot" than it has ever been before. Perhaps this situation is a sign of a recovering economy, but it's certainly a sign that the travel bloggers have driven a lot more attention onto these deals than ever before. And thus they are harder to get.

Being a publicly-traded company or privately-held company indeed has nothing to do with this situation.

cs1985 Apr 25, 2012 6:00 am

do you know when the presale should begin ?

GUWonder Apr 25, 2012 6:32 am

Originally Posted by cs1985 (Post 18457460)
do you know when the presale should begin ?

Noon NYC time on the day of sale.

satori Apr 25, 2012 7:04 am

[QUOTE=GUWonder;18457047]Wyndham sold 2,000 packages this time -- two thousand.

The best deals in these promotions actually did not sell out as quickly year-after-year in prior years as they are selling out this year. [It's now much more difficult to get the packages this year than it was even last year; and last year was tougher than the prior year but nowhere near as close to as tough as this year.]

It's now far more akin to a lottery/"crap shoot" than it has ever been before. Perhaps this situation is a sign of a recovering economy, but it's certainly a sign that the travel bloggers have driven a lot more attention onto these deals than ever before. And thus they are harder to get.
QUOTE]

As far as the number of points sets Hyatt offers in Daily Getaways, the deal has not changed from the past two years.

Here is my post from May 2010, the first year of Daily Getaways, showing the same offers as next week.

I have to agree with you about the travel bloggers alerting far more people to these deals and there are just not that many sets of points being offered.

There are still some good deals with Omni Hotels, Gaylord and Loews where the cost to buy nights can be a significant savings on the room rates at certain hotels, yet these deals are not selling out and are still available after the day of Daily Getaways sale.

krazieman Apr 25, 2012 9:48 am

I never stay at Wyndham but did purchase 2 Wyndham pts packages totaling 78,000 pts for ~$180. This converts to almost 32,000 AA or United Miles.
You really can't beat that.

redtop43 Apr 25, 2012 10:35 am

I feel like I'm trying to get Springsteen tickets. I really want as many of these as I can get, and I have a couple (legal legitimate) tricks up my sleeve; no I'm not sharing. As noted in another post, I'm trying to get enough points to take my in-laws to Paris and I'll need a total of about 150-200,000 to do it.