Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

12/31/07 check-in 1/1/08 check-out - 2007 or 2008 Stay Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2007, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Checkin 12/31/07, checkout 1/1/08
Thanks
Old Dec 25, 2007, 10:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by wrose99
Checkin 12/31/07, checkout 1/1/08
Thanks
Yes, I believe the date of check-out is what is counted. Good luck.

Happy New Year!
Old Dec 25, 2007, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, DL MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I called and asked, and they said that the date of checkout is what counts. My partner and I will spend NYE at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, and I will start 2008 with two stay credits!
Old Dec 26, 2007, 11:40 am
Original Poster

thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2007, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
I hope it works out for you guys. My experience is different - I had a stay on August 31 (check in) - Sept. 1 (check out) and it didn't count towards FFN promo. When I called to ask I was told by several different CS agents that they go by check in date and not check out. I even talked with the supervisor and got the same response. Then again, FFN rules might be different.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 12:14 pm

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Same experience for me.

I had a stay from Oct 31st to Nov. 1st. FFN was ending Oct 31st and the night counted for FFN. I was told the date of check IN would count.

But I also would be happy if Dec 30 to Jan 02 would count for 2008, as I have a stay over that date.

Last edited by Olip; Dec 26, 2007 at 1:24 pm
Old Dec 26, 2007, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by todorovic
I hope it works out for you guys. My experience is different - I had a stay on August 31 (check in) - Sept. 1 (check out) and it didn't count towards FFN promo. When I called to ask I was told by several different CS agents that they go by check in date and not check out. I even talked with the supervisor and got the same response. Then again, FFN rules might be different.
Many FTers had stays that same night that DID count towards FFN. In fact, you're the first person to report that they didn't receive FFN credit for that night I believe. Go back and read through the threads, but there were several FTers that posted they received FFN credit for stays the night of 8/31.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Many FTers had stays that same night that DID count towards FFN. In fact, you're the first person to report that they didn't receive FFN credit for that night I believe. Go back and read through the threads, but there were several FTers that posted they received FFN credit for stays the night of 8/31.
That very well may be true but since it doesn't make any difference now I really don't feel like spending hours trying to find that info. There are better ways to spend days off .
Old Dec 26, 2007, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by todorovic
Very strange. I checked into a Hyatt on 8/31 and out on 9/3 and it did count toward FFN.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 7:35 pm

Are you sure the stay posted with M/C ? My 8/31 posted with FFN credit.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 1:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SJC1K
I called and asked, and they said that the date of checkout is what counts. My partner and I will spend NYE at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, and I will start 2008 with two stay credits!
SJC1K, I hope you will return the first week of January and let us know how this posted. I've had two 12/31 stays - one for one night, and one for three nights - and both counted as prior year stays. I was told that check-in date was what mattered. This was several years back, so it would be nice to know if the answer you were given is correct. Two stay credits on the 1st of the year would be great!
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

If this were the Starwood forum the company representative would have posted the definitive answer by now instead of leaving us to speculate over conflicting evidence. <sigh>. Of course at Starwood this question is addressed by a t&c phrase that is squarely on point (there, the checkin date is what determines it).
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:23 pm

I believe the check-in date determines the cut-off point, however, for multiple nights, they might be flexible to credit the stay for the new calendar year.

For Diamond, they can be rather accomodating.

Just give them a call. Good Luck and Happy 2008!
Old Dec 28, 2007, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I spoke with our official Hyatt representative regarding getting FFN credit for check ins on 8/31.

She told me that Hyatt goes by the check out date, not check in. A few people wrote customer service and received the same answer. I wouldn't divulge her name, so that left people unsure whether or not to believe me.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I spoke with our official Hyatt representative regarding getting FFN credit for check ins on 8/31.

She told me that Hyatt goes by the check out date, not check in. A few people wrote customer service and received the same answer. I wouldn't divulge her name, so that left people unsure whether or not to believe me.
I was told otherwise by several different people at GP CS. I tend to agree with that explanation b/c we ussually refer to a stay as a stay on August 31 for 3 days and not stay for 3 days checking out on September 3. But then this would require logic to be used .

If what Mary's saying is the case than I got screwed . I have no reason not to trust that you've been told this but there has been so much inconsistency in my dealings with any CS for that matter (including GP) that I always take what I am told with a grain of salt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.