Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Downtown Miami Hyatt Regency REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Downtown Miami Hyatt Regency REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 17, 2012, 3:21 pm

Hyatt Regency Miami Regency Club opening hours

Does anyone know if the Regency Club at the Hyatt Regency Miami is open on weekends?

Thanks,

soccer

Last edited by soccerpapi; Apr 17, 2012 at 6:19 pm
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:11 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by soccerpapi
Does anyone know if Regency Club is open on the weekends at the Hyatt Regency Miami?

Thanks,

soccer
Dear soccerpapi,

Thank you for your message. In answer to your question, the Regency Club is indeed open on the weekends at the Hyatt Regency Miami.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Gold Passport Concierge
Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:22 pm

soccerpapi asked:
Does anyone know if the Regency Club at the Hyatt Regency Miami is open on weekends?

Thanks,

soccer

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear soccerpapi,

Thank you for your message. In answer to your question, the Regency Club is indeed open on the weekends at the Hyatt Regency Miami.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Gold Passport Concierge
Thank you for your help and prompt response, I appreciate it.

soccer
Old May 18, 2013, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Just held a one night pre-cruise stay in mid-Nov. at the Hyatt Regency Miami at a good rate and then went and checked TripAdvisor and was surprised to see if fared as poorly as it did so thought I'd ask fellow FTers how bad can the hotel be?

The location was what attracted me as it's a short distance to the Port of Miami and it's only one night so am cure it'll be fine but would appreciate any input on the property anyone can share.
Old May 21, 2013, 8:25 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
I'm currently staying at the property and have to say that it's one of the worst Hyatt's I've ever stayed in.

Self parking: Rather far from hotel lobby in a very narrow parking garage. (I'd recommend valet, if you must stay in the hotel.)

I was "upgraded" to an xx01 suite, which is really just a large corner room with a couch. If I had paid for a suite (or used a suite upgrade cert.) on this room, I'd be very upset! Hotel internet is abysmally slow, perhaps the slowest I've ever seen at a Hyatt hotel and the hotel does not appear to be sold out (although that really shouldn't matter in 2013). The worst part is that they have "standard" and "enhanced" internet (and claim they will charge Diamond members the difference at check-out). I opted for enhanced and the speed is still less than 1meg/sec (or roughly 25% the speed I can get via my cell phone).

The hotel has small 32" HDTVs (I never understand why so many hotels cheaped-out when they went to HDTVs a few years ago, but that's another topic). The tv is about 12 feet from the couch and is way too small at that distance. To top it off, they have ZERO HD channels (I have no idea why this isn't a Hyatt brand standard by now, too, but I digress).

The club lounge is tiny, with only two finger foods for apps, three soda varieties & bottled water (all available at room-temperature only). I'm hard-pressed to find a single complimentary thing to say about this hotel, except that the front desk staff was nice.

**Update** Although already one of my least-favorite Hyatt's, this hotel gave me another surprise this AM when it turns out that my phone, laptop & tablet all didn't charge. There are only about four accessible outlets in my room, each with only one open plug. Turns out all of them aren't powered when the light switch in the hallway is turned off for the night. Now I'm heading to a conference with dead devices. Not even a mattress run would bring me back here now...

Last edited by moulder3; May 22, 2013 at 7:26 am Reason: morning-after update
Old May 22, 2013, 2:53 am

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Originally Posted by moulder3
I'm currently staying at the property and have to say that it's one of the worst Hyatt's I've ever stayed in.

Self parking: Rather far from hotel lobby in a very narrow parking garage. (I'd recommend valet, if you must stay in the hotel.)

I was "upgraded" to an xx01 suite, which is really just a large corner room with a couch. If I had paid for a suite (or used a suite upgrade cert.) on this room, I'd be very upset! Hotel internet is abysmally slow, perhaps the slowest I've ever seen at a Hyatt hotel and the hotel does not appear to be sold out (although that really shouldn't matter in 2013). The worst part is that they have "standard" and "enhanced" internet (and claim they will charge Diamond members the difference at check-out). I opted for enhanced and the speed is still less than 1meg/sec (or roughly 25% the speed I can get via my cell phone).

The hotel has small 32" HDTVs (I never understand why so many hotels cheaped-out when they went to HDTVs a few years ago, but that's another topic). The tv is about 12 feet from the couch and is way too small at that distance. To top it off, they have ZERO HD channels (I have no idea why this isn't a Hyatt brand standard by now, too, but I digress).

The club lounge is tiny, with only two finger foods for apps, three soda varieties & bottled water (all available at room-temperature only). I'm hard-pressed to find a single complimentary thing to say about this hotel, except that the front desk staff was nice.
You're experience pretty much sum up my stay 2 years ago. Looks like nothing has changed. If you have to be in that area the JW Marriott Marquis and EPIC are both nice hotels. I wonder when the Hyatt will start a renovation to keep up with the competition.
Old May 22, 2013, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by roadwarrior365
You're experience pretty much sum up my stay 2 years ago. Looks like nothing has changed. If you have to be in that area the JW Marriott Marquis and EPIC are both nice hotels. I wonder when the Hyatt will start a renovation to keep up with the competition.
To be fair, the JW is often much closer in price to the Four Seasons as opposed to the Hyatt. It is an OK hotel (Hyatt)- nothing special however functional more or less and good staff.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by moulder3
+1 For a major city, this is simply a poor Hyatt. The front desk and valet parking took forever for each transaction (though the manager-type person who checked me in was enthusiastic and helpful), rooms are run-down, the Regency Club is minimal in its offerings and facilities, and F&B is uninspired. My room had sort of a balcony-like space, but the windows are like those in a skyscraper -- they don't open. A waste.

This should be de-flagged and is more appropriate for a less upscale brand like Wyndham or DoubleTree. The InterContinental down the block is not one of the best in the system, but is worlds better.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 9:12 pm

Any updates on this property?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
I met a client for Breakfast there in October and everything was the same.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:55 am

There is a Train or a Mono Rail from the Airport to this hotel.

Has any one taken it ?

The name of the train ?
Cost ?
Service ?

How far from the arrival station to the hotel ?

Thanks !!
Old Dec 12, 2013, 10:06 am
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 747
There is a Train or a Mono Rail from the Airport to this hotel.

Has any one taken it ?

The name of the train ?
Cost ?
Service ?

How far from the arrival station to the hotel ?
I have not taken it and generally go with a private town-car service, but these sites should give you plenty of info:

MetroRail - this is the train that goes from MIA to Downtown Miami
http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/mia...rt-station.asp

MetroMover - this is the free monorail around Downtown Miami; it has a station essentially directly connected to the Hyatt Regency Miami, and it has stops that coincide with the MetroRail for easy access to transfer to the hotel
http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/metromover.asp

Hope this helps!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by AttorneyVin
I have not taken it and generally go with a private town-car service, but these sites should give you plenty of info:

MetroRail - this is the train that goes from MIA to Downtown Miami
http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/mia...rt-station.asp

MetroMover - this is the free monorail around Downtown Miami; it has a station essentially directly connected to the Hyatt Regency Miami, and it has stops that coincide with the MetroRail for easy access to transfer to the hotel
http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/metromover.asp

Hope this helps!
Well, that's serendipity! I just finished researching this myself for a conference where I must stay at this hotel. It apparently is pretty easy to take public transportation. From what I have discovered, you take the Metro rail train from the airport to the Government Center stop. That costs $2.25. Transfer at Government Center to the MetroMover, the free monorail, and get off at the Knight St. Station. There is apparently an underground tunnel/walkway connecting directly to the hotel.

Sounds easy enough and I will probably do it when I go.

Check the TripAdvisor reviews for the hotel, apparently lots of people use the light rail/monorail to get there and to get back and forth to South Beach for dinner. You will see lots of comments about the rail line.

Wish the Hyatt had made it easier and simply posted the name of the stop and/or directions on their site.

Someone from Miami, correct me please, if I got it wrong.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I recently had a daytime stay at the Hyatt and decided to take the bus (#7A). The advantage was no transfer (it goes directly from the MIA Metrorail Station to downtown, a few blocks away from the Hyatt), but it sounds like the MetroRail+MetroMover is a better option.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
FYI: There is no light rail or metro rail that goes to South Beach you have to take a cab or the bus.

Originally Posted by 466SHH
Check the TripAdvisor reviews for the hotel, apparently lots of people use the light rail/monorail to get there and to get back and forth to South Beach for dinner. You will see lots of comments about the rail line.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.