Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Istanbul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Istanbul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 7:05 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Btw, the hotel only has wifi in the suites. So if you want wifi, make sure you're by one of the suites. My coworkers was in 910 and he had a great connection.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond; SPG: Gold; UA Platinum; BA Silver; EK Silver
Diamond amenity improved

Originally Posted by PiggieMac
They sent my Diamond amenity the day after. We had a bottle of wine, fresh fruits, chocolates, nuts/dates and a box of local snacks. Not bad as a Diamond amenity. Wine was always given as a Diamond amenity at all my past hyatt stays.
I just checked in. Looks like the Diamond amenity has improved from the three green apples, though it's not as bountiful as what PiggieMac received. There is a bowl of mixed fruit and a 6" by 4" box of dried fruit (apricots, dates) stuffed with nuts.

I also received a black leather business card case at check-in, but that was because it was my fifth stay at this property. It looks good, but is embossed with Grand Hyatt Istanbul on it, so not really very useful.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very Late Checkout

Anyone knows if they will grant very late checkouts? My flight leaves close to midnight and I would like to stay until around 9PM. Will they allow paying 50% rate for 9PM checkout?
Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:04 pm

If you're Diamond you can opt for the late late checkout and have them hold your luggage while you grab an extended dinner at Taksim. There are airport shuttles within a 2 block walk to the airport for about $10 an they're damn good as well. I'd recommend them.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
GH or Intercontinental? Got a grand suite at GH, but can get the business suite at the IC for the same money (even less). Thanks for any info/advice.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:12 pm

I personally prefer the GH, but the intercontinental has a killer spa, if you're into that stuff. They're across the street from each other.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I stayed at the GH IST recently and was pretty impressed. Good size room - I think it was a standard room - and big bathroom.

My only negative comment regarding the room was the dim lighting, even with all the lights on.

The breakfast was excellent!

Most staff were very good, although there was a far from friendly lady concierge and the guy at check out also lacked warmth or personality.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 3:36 pm

I'm now at the GH Istanbul, on 2 nts paid stay & 2 nts on pts.

As i'm with my family, I've used the suite upgrade cert.

Upon check-in, I've been reminded that the first 2 nts hv been upgraded
to the Grand Suite King, which is very nice, but the 2 nts on redemption
will be the Grand Deluxe King only. So, to avoid moving rooms, I'll have
to make changes to my reservation, will have to chat with them tomorrow.

As for the Diamond Amenity, we were provided a bottle of red, some nuts & fruits in a small bowl, a bowl of fruits & a small box of dried fruits with stuffed nuts. There is also lounge access to continental b'fast & cocktail hour.

Location is great as its a short walk to Taksim, where there are loads of shops & conveniences. Btw, we took a cab from the airport & it only costs TYL45, and it was very safe.

Will share how it goes... cheers!
Old Nov 28, 2011, 5:58 pm

Had a fab day in Istanbul & happy to share that they're letting us keep the
Suite w/o any need to change rates or add points!!

Fabulous!!

Originally Posted by Squzair
I'm now at the GH Istanbul, on 2 nts paid stay & 2 nts on pts.

As i'm with my family, I've used the suite upgrade cert.

Upon check-in, I've been reminded that the first 2 nts hv been upgraded
to the Grand Suite King, which is very nice, but the 2 nts on redemption
will be the Grand Deluxe King only. So, to avoid moving rooms, I'll have
to make changes to my reservation, will have to chat with them tomorrow.

As for the Diamond Amenity, we were provided a bottle of red, some nuts & fruits in a small bowl, a bowl of fruits & a small box of dried fruits with stuffed nuts. There is also lounge access to continental b'fast & cocktail hour.

Location is great as its a short walk to Taksim, where there are loads of shops & conveniences. Btw, we took a cab from the airport & it only costs TYL45, and it was very safe.

Will share how it goes... cheers!
Old Nov 28, 2011, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by flying MD
GH or Intercontinental? Got a grand suite at GH, but can get the business suite at the IC for the same money (even less). Thanks for any info/advice.
IC treatment of RA blows the Hyatt away. Much better club lounge, great food, welcome gifts and eats, suite upgrades with fabulous views. One of the best ICs in the world and treatment of RA's even on award stays is superlative. On my birthday I came back to find a huge bouquet of exotic flowers in my suite. Tried a night at the Hyatt as a Diamond, paled in comparison. Hyatt is a nice property but little to compare with its neighbour.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:18 am

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
IC treatment of RA blows the Hyatt away. Much better club lounge, great food, welcome gifts and eats, suite upgrades with fabulous views. One of the best ICs in the world and treatment of RA's even on award stays is superlative. On my birthday I came back to find a huge bouquet of exotic flowers in my suite. Tried a night at the Hyatt as a Diamond, paled in comparison. Hyatt is a nice property but little to compare with its neighbour.
Stayed at IC. Great business suite, nice club lounge (better than average food), very nice welcome gifts and eats, received a nice flower as well. The business suite--the living area is not completely separated from the bedroom. Is the Bosphorus Suite different? Is the business suite an executive suite? Going back late February, planning on staying at the Park Hyatt (executive suite).
Old Dec 25, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Just booked here for January. It seems it's an extra 30euros to have 2 people in the room? I guess Hyatt doesn't have a "Spouse stays free" policy like a lot of chains?

I noticed this when I booked too:
Please Be Informed That Our Restaurants Will Be Under Renovation, Starting From 17 December 2011 and Will Be Re-Opening in Spring 2012 With New Concepts. The Breakfast and Room Service Facilities Will Continue To Be Operational During the Renovation
Old Dec 26, 2011, 3:49 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bworrell
Just booked here for January. It seems it's an extra 30euros to have 2 people in the room? I guess Hyatt doesn't have a "Spouse stays free" policy like a lot of chains?
I'm booked for Jan too. And noticed the same policy. So, did you actually list 2 people for the room? I'm very tempted to just put down 1 and see what happens.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by hobo13
I'm booked for Jan too. And noticed the same policy. So, did you actually list 2 people for the room? I'm very tempted to just put down 1 and see what happens.
I only listed one person for our room for now... I was hoping that I could have the 2nd person free under some sort of "spouse stays free" policy or from reports from people that have stayed there previously.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:09 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
expectations...

I stayed here in December, had an issue which I felt was very poorly resolved (there was some blood involved, although not much - asked specifically for duty manager to come to the room, which he didn't...) and followed up with a request to speak to the GM about it.

I did speak to the GM on the morning that we checked out, he agreed that the issue was poorly handled, confirmed that we were checking out, and said that he would make sure that we were 'very well looked after' on our next stay.

Stayed again last week, and had a completely unremarkable stay. Exactly the same rooms as last time (GC level but standard GC rooms), nothing personal in the room (standard welcome letter from the Director of Rooms), no interaction with senior staff at all.

Was I totally out of line in having slightly higher expectations, given the previous comments?

thoughts please...

[and apologies in advance for my very sparse posting for the next month, and trying to save my 2,000th post for my tenth anniversary ]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.