Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Yet Another Reason Why I LOVE Hyatt GP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis

Quick story-

So I was a Diamond member last few years, but this year (as of March 1, 2012) only a Platinum re-qualification due to less biz travel... definitely going for Diamond again now though as I'm going to miss the suite upgrades.

Anyhow, I had a 1-week, 2-room stay at the GH Washington DC.. I had checked in on Feb 28 (while I was still a Diamond). At check-in, I was given all the Diamond benefits and offered the 1000pt Diamond amenity for the duration of my stay even though most of my stay would actually be as a Platinum member.

A few days ago, points posted... except that the bonus was 15% (not 30%) and no 1000 points for Diamond. So I msg'd the Hyatt GP staff here... and within 24 hours:

1) They explained that points post based on status at check-out, not check-in (good to know in the future)

2) As a courtesy, going to give me all the extra Diamond points.

I really dont think any other hotel chain (or most organizations for that matter!) would respond so quickly and totally take care of their customers as well as Hyatt.

Once again, bravo. To Hyatt, its only another 4,521 points. To me, its showing they care about having 100% satisfied customers. It's a huge part why, unless I have no other choice, I am always loyal to Hyatt.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
I love Hyatt, too. But let's face it, it's more like prostitution than marriage.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
Originally Posted by JackE
I love Hyatt, too. But let's face it, it's more like prostitution than marriage.
LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.