Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
I have an upcoming stay and read the entire thread. I saw some common themes, and thought it would be useful to start a wiki. Please feel free to update or correct anything. I haven't stayed here, so the information is based on the contents of the thread:

- Diamond Suite Upgrades are NOT available at this property.
- Diamond members receive a complimentary full breakfast for up to 4 guests.
- The beds are very firm platform beds. I saw a few posts where a foam pad for the top of the bed was requested.
- Docked cruise ships that may obstruct the view from the Harbour view rooms.
- The hotel is 4 stories.

The concierge desk offers a weekly tour of the Rocks on Saturday.

Link that shows when cruise ships will be docked opposite the hotel:
https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/...ruise-schedule

Room Types and Floorplans:
https://www.scribd.com/document/3404...t-Sydney-Rooms

Expert Review posted in Luxury Forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-reviews/r-wonderful-park-hyatt-sydney-stay-and-city-harbor-view-with-a-few-caveats-1943
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 16, 2017, 8:46 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GeorgeLopez
Is this hotel worth 30k points per night? Not asking on a monetary basis (it clearly is). But more so if the hotel justifies using that many points or if there are better options around Sydney.
I prefer cash and points but value was it's clearly one of the best 30k redemptions around along with the PH Hadahaa and PH NY.
Old May 16, 2017, 9:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I prefer cash and points but value was it's clearly one of the best 30k redemptions around along with the PH Hadahaa and PH NY.

I have PH Hadahaa on C&P at the moment which I consider to be the 2nd best reward value around (only behind IHG Thalasso which is impossible to get).

PH Sydney C&P is definitely an option. I'll give that some thought.
Old May 16, 2017, 9:32 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GeorgeLopez
I have PH Hadahaa on C&P at the moment which I consider to be the 2nd best reward value around (only behind IHG Thalasso which is impossible to get).
Then you have achieved the impossible!
Old May 16, 2017, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Then you have achieved the impossible!

Yea I got lucky with that for sure.
Old May 17, 2017, 12:32 am

27% off offer here
http://www.facebook.com/ParkHyattSyd...72859269474948
Old May 17, 2017, 2:26 am
Suspended

So does that mean next year will be 28% off?
Old May 20, 2017, 6:35 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Great TR.
Thanks!
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:44 pm

Just checked in today. Explorist staying on points/Hyatt Chase Visa nights.

Original room they put us in 008 with a view of construction on the ground. Was able to switch to 308 which at least is above the construction and has a view of the bridge (but no balcony).

Doesn't seem like being an Explorist gets you anything at this hotel besides a late check out. I was told that Explorist only gets you the best room within the category, not upgrade to another category.

This seems wrong: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...explorist.html
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I was told that Explorist only gets you the best room within the category, not upgrade to another category.

Hyatt T&C's provide plenty of weasel room for properties that don't like giving things away:
Explorists will be offered the best room available at the time of check-in at Hyatt hotels and resorts, excluding suites and Club lounge-access rooms. The best room available will be determined by the applicable hotel or resort in its sole discretion and may vary from stay-to-stay. The best room may, but will not necessarily be, of a room type/category higher than that booked by the Member.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:22 pm

Just checked in today. Explorist staying on points/Hyatt Chase Visa nights.

Original room they put us in 008 with a view of construction on the ground. Was able to switch to 308 which at least is above the construction and has a view of the bridge (but no balcony).

Doesn't seem like being an Explorist gets you anything at this hotel besides a late check out. I was told that Explorist only gets you the best room within the category, not upgrade to another category.

1) You've check in prior to 10:44AM when you wrote your message, you're lucky to be given a room.
2) If Globs fail to get benefits honoured here I would temper my expectations for lower levels
3) It's Vivid and the hotel would no doubt be almost sold out this weekend.

Not making excuses for the property, they should honour published benefits but it's well known that they don't. The early check in, however is a favour they have given you.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:04 pm

1) You've check in prior to 10:44AM when you wrote your message, you're lucky to be given a room.
2) If Globs fail to get benefits honoured here I would temper my expectations for lower levels
3) It's Vivid and the hotel would no doubt be almost sold out this weekend.

Not making excuses for the property, they should honour published benefits but it's well known that they don't. The early check in, however is a favour they have given you.
Definitely the early check in was nice (and unexpected!). I told them I wasn't expecting that and would be happy to wait to check in to our room.

They did offer us an upgrade to a City Harbour View room for $125 a night or an Opera View for $600+ a night. That was the disappointing part. Shouldn't those upgrades be standard per the terms of being an Explorist?

I actually happened to get to speak to the manager when I went back to inquire. He is working on it now, I will update. All the staff are very nice and he was apologetic about the first staff member's misinformation.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 1:15 am

Definitely the early check in was nice (and unexpected!). I told them I wasn't expecting that and would be happy to wait to check in to our room.

They did offer us an upgrade to a City Harbour View room for $125 a night or an Opera View for $600+ a night. That was the disappointing part. Shouldn't those upgrades be standard per the terms of being an Explorist?

I actually happened to get to speak to the manager when I went back to inquire. He is working on it now, I will update. All the staff are very nice and he was apologetic about the first staff member's misinformation.
IME, and as others have noted, management like playing games here.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Shouldn't those upgrades be standard per the terms of being an Explorist?
No. Read the T&C.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
No. Read the T&C.
Best Room Available: Explorists will be offered the best room available at the time of check-in at Hyatt hotels and resorts, excluding suites and Club lounge-access rooms. The best room available will be determined by the applicable hotel or resort in its sole discretion and may vary from stay-to-stay. The best room may, but will not necessarily be, of a room type/category higher than that booked by the Member

What am I missing?

Based on the above, are you suggesting that the hotel can make up whatever they want to say is the best room?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

What am I missing?

Based on the above, are you suggesting that the hotel can make up whatever they want to say is the best room?
Happens all the time (unfortunately)...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.