Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:10 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Told by staff member upon arrival they were not open yet. But the hotel venues dining guide does say they are open and conflicts with his comments. Maybe it is.

The room aka corner room is pretty nice. There is still street noise but high quality. There is a slider for privacy from entry / bathroom to sleeping / living room area. The Conrad Tokyo might just call it a junior suite.

Uber was efficient going back. May try it again but will wait for your guys/gals comments.
Sounds like the staff don't know what's happening in their own hotel!
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Told by staff member upon arrival they were not open yet. But the hotel venues dining guide does say they are open and conflicts with his comments. Maybe it is.

The room aka corner room is pretty nice. There is still street noise but high quality. There is a slider for privacy from entry / bathroom to sleeping / living room area. The Conrad Tokyo might just call it a junior suite.

Uber was efficient going back. May try it again but will wait for your guys/gals comments.
Did the aircon problem get solved?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
I don't know if the rooftop bar and restaurant are open or not - they told me not yet, but the hotel directory in the room said it was open until 12 midnight. I did not go up to check, but pressed the button for the 35th floor and it lit up. I pressed other high floor numbers and it said they were not available, so maybe it is open, but staff do not seem to be advertsing it to guests.

I think the A/C issues is really more due to the sensors - if you go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, it will turn back on. I also woke up a few times sweating, but waived my hand in the air, and it snapped back to life.

My TV 15 of the 30 channels, including all US language ones, did not work last night from 8 pm on and was still not working when I checked out around 9:30.

I also killed two small bugs - one crawling across the table in the pantry and the other seem to be a flea of something it flew out of my suitcase when I was packing. I did unpack and give everything a good smack to make sure I did not take anything with me (fingers crossed). I suspect the fleas/bug can in due to some of the construction work being done, I think some of the glass on the windows was removed or being fixed.

One of the sinks in the bathroom was clogged or drained very slowing and I did smell something foul at times - but not sure what it was.

baggage bellman was very quick, car service back to airport was clean and safe and they also have a representative meeting the car to take you to the check-in desk, lift your bags on the belt and then walk you to the priority security lane.

I was charged for room service breakfast as I was told it is not included for Globalist other than in the restaurant.

I did not complain about anything because I did not care as I knew I would not be returning.

Like I said, I think they market to wealthy Thais and Asians, and contrary to an earlier post, when I was in the restaurant for breakfast, most tables were occupied (about 50 people). Of the 50 people in the restaurant at the time, I was the only non Asian - with most of the ones I heard speaking Thai. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves and they we getting very good service.

Speaking of service, it was simply not polished or professional from the local Thai workers. The non-asian staff were better, it seemed the older the staff, the better. That said, they all tried really hard - so you can't really fault them. Service should improve with time. I also think the hotel will ultimately fit within the mid-tier of luxury Bangkok Hotels, it will command rates like the St Regis or Peninsula, but not those rates of the Mandarin or Siam.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:12 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
This TA review is glowing https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowU...eview498438911

Sounds a little too promotional to me (how does a guest know how many sun beds there are without some PR help?) but some good info nonetheless.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Sounds a little too promotional to me
No kidding.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

Sounds a little too promotional to me (how does a guest know how many sun beds there are without some PR help?) but some good info nonetheless.
The review also mentions the Penthouse Bar and Grill which coincidentally was tweeted to be open the same day this review was posted and after the reviewer's stay, listed as June 2017.

Strikes me as a typical SE Asia TA fluff review.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
The mid day of my check out. Lots of Asian client check-ins. I had a few small ants on the desk. Could not figure out where they were coming from.

Looking back. If only 80 rooms are open. There was no hint or sound at all of construction. No noise. Makes you wonder how they are finishing off those other rooms.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver

+ 1. Always advisable to include at least one seemingly negative aspect (eg, "Too many choices at the buffet!") to try and give the review the slightest semblance of being believable.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UAuhoh
+ 1. Always advisable to include at least one seemingly negative aspect (eg, "Too many choices at the buffet!") to try and give the review the slightest semblance of being believable.
Better to have a believable profile too. Not joined July 2017.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
TA reviews for this hotel are almost all positive... I guess some people were luckier than we were or they don't care about lack of air conditioning at night...
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by xray
TA reviews for this hotel are almost all positive... I guess some people were luckier than we were or they don't care about lack of air conditioning at night...
More likely they are buying fake reviews.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xray
Maybe upper management figured out how to flag reviews for various small TA violations.

Originally Posted by Kacee
This too.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Kacee
Definitely this.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:36 am

I trust TripAdvisor reviews far more than Flyertalk because Flyertalk reviews are so negative on properties that I love like Andaz Napa, Andaz London, Andaz San Diego, Andaz Mayakoba, and Andaz Maui.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Haha... most TA reviews are written by folks who rarely travel and normally hardly contain any information. Here it's looking for the aspects that you value and you normally get a decent picture of what to expect.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.