Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Aventine
this is PH Busan or Bangkok?
sorry for going off topic, that was the ph busan (updated the post)

very sad to see this cost cutting measure (in the name of being "green") spread to other high end hotels. ill avoid this property going forward and return to the st regis (the butlers provide on call complimentary iced tea and espresso drinks and the rooms have very strong ac)

Last edited by Econ1; Jul 2, 2017 at 7:42 pm
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I had Globalist breakfast (full access) at Embassy restaurant on 9. Cold buffet with your choice of hot items. Order as you wish. Had the eggs benedict which was good. The pool is located just outside the restaurant which is kinda weird in my opinion. Little surprised to see it there. If that was it. Fully staffed. It's Monday morning with a couple guests out there.

When I returned to the room the ac was off and the room was already 74. They must have a sensor on it. Talked with staff member in from PEK for opening. Was asked my opinion and offered it. 80 rooms open out of 200 plus. Restaurant and bar on top floors not open for another two months.

Asked front desk for map and anything on Central Embassy complex. Heard there was some good food downstairs. They had the map but nothing on complex.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:22 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I think those who stay could consider points in compensation because the website says nothing about a soft opening. It does mention the spa isn't open but this is not a fully functioning property.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Econ1
sorry for going off topic, that was the ph busan (updated the post)

very sad to see this cost cutting measure (in the name of being "green") spread to other high end hotels. ill avoid this property going forward and return to the st regis (the butlers provide on call complimentary iced tea and espresso drinks and the rooms have very strong ac)
If it happens call them out on Hyatt social media and complain strongly. We pay a lot of green to stay at these hotels and the temperature should be self controlled.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 3:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
If it happens call them out on Hyatt social media and complain strongly. We pay a lot of green to stay at these hotels and the temperature should be self controlled.
As I am here now on the 19th floor - I can confirm temperature is self controlled, but hotel sets it for all rooms at 20 from about 9 pm onward till morning. So regardless of how low you put it in room, it will not go below 20. There is also a sensor in the room, so if you do not move or are sleeping it shuts down a bit. I think it is both a green measure and done to save money. Also, front desk confirmed that a lot of people complain it is too cold at night.

TV channel selection is a real problem if you are stuck in hotel room due to rain and storms. Really not acceptable.

I have not heard any street noise what so ever. Again, I am on 19th floor.

AC works very well during the day.

Hallway of hotel very warm as it did not appear air conditioned.

Staff speak very poor English generally. Told me breakfast served only until 9:30 am. Could not tell me type of juices they had, did not understand simple requests.

only food available in restaurant or room service is snack food and sandwiches, no fresh fish, steaks, gourmet salads to be found on property - maybe in the mall.

Staff ignore do no disturb sign.

Bar closes at midnight - which is odd (perhaps because hotel is not fully functioning.)

Overall very disappointing.

For me also - lack of a lounge is the deal breaker for me. Some PHs are worth the trade-off, but this one, for me, is not.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:18 am

How disappointing to read. I had looked forward to staying here all this time. I think I will still try it for a night or two, but I will keep my expectation low. It's too bad because I think the design looks stellar.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SethLevy
Also, front desk confirmed that a lot of people complain it is too cold at night.
LOL the biggest crock of sh*t ever.

So regardless of how low you put it in room, it will not go below 20. There is also a sensor in the room, so if you do not move or are sleeping it shuts down a bit. I think it is both a green measure and done to save money. .
Thanks for the tip. Have to look for this kind of thing in new build Hyatts. I won't stand for it.

How disappointing to read. I had looked forward to staying here all this time. I think I will still try it for a night or two, but I will keep my expectation low. It's too bad because I think the design looks stellar.
I don't know. I wouldn't give them a single baht based on what I've read in this thread.

Last edited by Aventine; Jul 3, 2017 at 6:17 am
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
LOL the biggest crock of sh*t ever.
+1. This speaks volumes of the management.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 6:50 am

Are there A/C vents in the ceiling of the hallways? Cannot believe they would design a building without these features. If they only ventilate and not A/C the hallways another cost cutting measure, which is however fixable.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Also, front desk confirmed that a lot of people complain it is too cold at night.

Staff speak very poor English generally.
Perhaps they misunderstand...It needs to be MORE cold at night !

The whole concept of "less" air conditioning would seem to be more apt during the daytime when most people may be out. At night, the majority of people are in their rooms ! We should definitely complain to all and any hotels that do this type of regulation...especially in places like Bangkok !

Could you imagine the converse in the winter in Toronto ?... "we turn down the heat at night so that it doesn't get warmer than 15 degrees because people complain it's too hot"

Hallways are definitely not air-conditioned and they also look a bit spartan (not in a good way) with sheers as the only décor.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xray
Perhaps they misunderstand...It needs to be MORE cold at night !

The whole concept of "less" air conditioning would seem to be more apt during the daytime when most people may be out. At night, the majority of people are in their rooms ! We should definitely complain to all and any hotels that do this type of regulation...especially in places like Bangkok !

Could you imagine the converse in the winter in Toronto ?... "we turn down the heat at night so that it doesn't get warmer than 15 degrees because people complain it's too hot"

Hallways are definitely not air-conditioned and they also look a bit spartan (not in a good way) with sheers as the only décor.
There's a rule in Korea that no AC is bad for business. Here, businesses go out of their way to blast AC into the street to entice customers to their stores. It's usually dying businesses that cut their AC to save energy bills. I don't know why upper management seems to be going out of their way to piss off guests, who, are clearly quite enthusiastic about staying at their hotel. The GM must be a stooge to let his property open in this shape.

I'm guessing the hallways are hell to walk through considering no AC and no blinds. PH Seoul and Busan don't air condition their hallways and they can be stifling to go through.

Last edited by Aventine; Jul 3, 2017 at 8:42 am
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I am also here until tomorrow. The stay is pretty disappointing. English speaking staff which I have met two from France and one from Germany have asked to give try again in the future.

Room service was prompt but marginal. The garnish on my roasted steak sandwich ruined the whole thing. Picking the steak out of all the stuff. Food had been the one positive. Let's see how my chocolate ice is.

I would return but its only going to be after the reviews turn positive. That's probably it from here.

As I am here now on the 19th floor - I can confirm temperature is self controlled, but hotel sets it for all rooms at 20 from about 9 pm onward till morning. So regardless of how low you put it in room, it will not go below 20. There is also a sensor in the room, so if you do not move or are sleeping it shuts down a bit. I think it is both a green measure and done to save money. Also, front desk confirmed that a lot of people complain it is too cold at night.

TV channel selection is a real problem if you are stuck in hotel room due to rain and storms. Really not acceptable.

I have not heard any street noise what so ever. Again, I am on 19th floor.

AC works very well during the day.

Staff speak very poor English generally. Told me breakfast served only until 9:30 am. Could not tell me type of juices they had, did not understand simple requests.

only food available in restaurant or room service is snack food and sandwiches, no fresh fish, steaks, gourmet salads to be found on property - maybe in the mall.

Staff ignore do no disturb sign.

Bar closes at midnight - which is odd (perhaps because hotel is not fully functioning.)

Overall very disappointing.

For me also - lack of a lounge is the deal breaker for me. Some PHs are worth the trade-off, but this one, for me, is not.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I arrived into BKK late and decided to be conservative getting a taxi. What a pain.
So now the fact that the unedcated lot that calls themselves taxi drivers in BKK don't know the location of an obscure new hotel is someone elses problem? Did it occur to you to simply direct them to the Central Embassy mall?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
So now the fact that the unedcated lot that calls themselves taxi drivers in BKK don't know the location of an obscure new hotel is someone elses problem? Did it occur to you to simply direct them to the Central Embassy mall?
It has been a standard for many hotels to provide a taxi card or instructions by email for new arrivals in advance. This should solve this problem.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:55 am

Ice cream comes in three glass cups. Equal to two American scoops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.