Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I think so looking at the progress being made.... but I also wonder why it's taking so long. I know hotel openings tend to get delayed, but if I was spending the money I would at least aim to be open in a period with high demand.

But maybe they are smart and will open in the off season so any kinks can be worked out before the are fully booked.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
I think so looking at the progress being made.... but I also wonder why it's taking so long. I know hotel openings tend to get delayed, but if I was spending the money I would at least aim to be open in a period with high demand.

But maybe they are smart and will open in the off season so any kinks can be worked out before the are fully booked.

I'm sure that no matter when they open, they will not open every room, every floor at the same time.

I suppose it's possible, but unlikely.

-David
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:00 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Well, it wouldn't be Thailand if news didn't constantly change. The word that's out there about this property is that it might not even be a Park Hyatt property. The ownership is having second thoughts.

For those that don't know, Central Embassy (where the hotel is), is owned by Central Group. They also have their own brand of hotels called Centara.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I wouldn't be surprised something is happening.... Progress also seems very slow (to non-existent) when I look at current pictures compared to a few months ago.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...hp?p=122466396

And in the last news about the HR I now saw an opening date for somewhere in 2017 :-).
Old Mar 22, 2015, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by gemini573
Well, it wouldn't be Thailand if news didn't constantly change. The word that's out there about this property is that it might not even be a Park Hyatt property. The ownership is having second thoughts.

For those that don't know, Central Embassy (where the hotel is), is owned by Central Group. They also have their own brand of hotels called Centara.
That's what I heard a couple of weeks ago from a friend of mine who works for the Central Group. He told me that he believes it will end up being another high-end western luxury brand, possibly a Ritz-Carlton.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by zombietooth
That's what I heard a couple of weeks ago from a friend of mine who works for the Central Group. He told me that he believes it will end up being another high-end western luxury brand, possibly a Ritz-Carlton.
Yikes.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

He told me that he believes it will end up being another high-end western luxury brand, possibly a Ritz-Carlton.
Yeah, big difference from being a PH
Old May 16, 2015, 5:21 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gemini573

Well, they have started recruitment so clearly it is going ahead as a PH.

https://www.facebook.com/ParkHyattBa...91405084455762
Old May 16, 2015, 5:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No dates mentioned though.... And when I was in BKK last week it was hard to see any progress being made on the exterior in the last 3 months :-(.
Old May 16, 2015, 6:04 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
No dates mentioned though.... And when I was in BKK last week it was hard to see any progress being made on the exterior in the last 3 months :-(.
I would rather an accurate date than one which gets delayed, then delayed....
Old May 16, 2015, 6:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No date is not even that... We started with 2014 now it's 2016, who really knows....

But the lack of any real progress doesn't bode well in my opinion.
Old May 16, 2015, 9:20 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

No date is not even that... We started with 2014 now it's 2016, who really knows....

But the lack of any real progress doesn't bode well in my opinion.
Hate to sound cynical but the franchise agreement for new properties being developed often has a date that the property must open by. Perhaps the ownership is using that clause to delay completion to get out of the contract with Hyatt.
Old May 16, 2015, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by peteropny
Hate to sound cynical but the franchise agreement for new properties being developed often has a date that the property must open by. Perhaps the ownership is using that clause to delay completion to get out of the contract with Hyatt.
Doesn't that usually go the other way around - with the franchisor using the "fail to open by" as a reason for terminating the franchise? In that circumstance, the franchisee typically loses their (nonrefundable) franchise fee, and I have to think that's a really big number for a PH.
Old May 16, 2015, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Michael Golden, ex-Park Hyatt Saigon has been tapped as the opening GM.
Old May 16, 2015, 11:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

If I look at what still needs to be done it would surprise me if it doesn't take a year (or longer) before this will open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.