Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Off my list too.

I can see this hotel reflag as a Centara hotel in the next couple of years.
Nah, they'd need to be truly run down prior to that.
Old May 24, 2017, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Aventine
That's like being a second class guest. How can they get away with that?
They probably figured no one would notice. "Let's just give them a completely different menu." People seriously think that kind of thing will work.

Originally Posted by danger
Careful. Posting links to reviews by non-members of
FlyerTalk may be met with wrath.
The difference is I'm not trying to drive clicks to my own site (in clear and knowing violation of FT rules)
Old May 24, 2017, 10:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Weird breakfast situation.... probably at the suggestion of Hyatt who seems to practice the same tricks at their own properties oike the PH NY.

I'm not sure what's worse... having a limited number of hot choices + the buffet vs an overpriced menu with a capped max that is set way too low.

Oh, I know.... just give us a normal breakfast, we earned it.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kacee
They probably figured no one would notice. "Let's just give them a completely different menu." People seriously think that kind of thing will work.
The cat's out of the bag now
Old May 24, 2017, 4:46 pm

How much is the regular price for the full breakfast at the PH Bangkok?
I wonder how expensive it is that they decided not to give it to Globalists.
Old May 25, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I just got an email offer:

Experience a tranquil oasis above the bustling city of Bangkok.

Journey to Thailand for a serene retreat at the newly opened Park Hyatt Bangkok. Enjoy elegantly-designed guestrooms, inventive food and drink, and stunning city views from the infinity pool on the garden terrace. With its ideal downtown location, you will find yourself within walking distance of the city's myriad attractions, from museums and temples to shopping malls and nightlife venues.

Plus, exclusively for members, save 20% on standard rates and earn 3,000 Bonus Points on your next stay of two nights or more. Book by August 31 for stays through October 31, 2017. Offer Code: PROM2.

Oddly, when I input the PROM2 offer code nothing seems to happen, the price (6800 baht) stays the same. I didn't go all the way through with booking.

Is that because it's 20% off "standard rates" and the 6800 baht "opening offer" is already discounted from the 8500 baht "standard rate"?

If so, it's not much of an offer.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm quite troubled to read that bathrooms at this hotel have no Japanese-style toilets, no bidets, and no "bum guns" (shattafs).

That's a deal breaker as far as I'm concerned, I can't go back to using just toilet paper.
Old May 26, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
If anyone has stayed at this hotel as a Glob and at the SGS as a Starwood Plat, how would these two compare, in your opinion?
Old May 26, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by Football Fan
If anyone has stayed at this hotel as a Glob and at the SGS as a Starwood Plat, how would these two compare, in your opinion?
Its far too early to make that sort of comparison when the PH isn't even fully open yet. At this moment I would say the SGS by a country mile but I only tried the partially open PH for the first time last week and have almost 80 stays at the SGS so not really a fair comparison.

I am sure the PH will iron out it's current flaws (they certainly have a few at the moment) and the entire place will eventually be open, but I am not sure I will ever come to really like the location stuck on top of that shopping mall.

I did like the pool area though.
Old May 26, 2017, 4:57 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Football Fan
While I haven't stayed at the PH BKK, the images and videos of the suites are nowhere as impressive as the StR. I've written many a review and the size and decor are miles apart.

But I'm still keeping my stays at the PH to experience it first hand.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
I dunno, the suites at the Erawan look better the PH. Not to mention the nice club lounge. Take a Pass. At minimum they'll have to lower rates to St. Regis if not further.
Old May 27, 2017, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
I am still on the fence - I took some time to finally get my Park Suite confirmed, but it is now. The hotel changed my cancellation policy as well and when I tried to make a change they told me that I could not without a penalty. I ultimately did not need to change, but I did not like the attitude.

Finally, the originally told me the airport pick-up was THB 2,500, now they tell me it is THB 3,400 for BMW 7 and that the original was only for BMW 5 which they do not offer. 3,400 for airport pick-up is a bit steep.

I likely will still go on July 1 and stay for 2 nights only instead of the original 6. Probably will either go back to the GH (but it is a bit dated, even with the update) or the Siam Kempinski - which is great.
Old May 27, 2017, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by SethLevy

Finally, the originally told me the airport pick-up was THB 2,500, now they tell me it is THB 3,400 for BMW 7 and that the original was only for BMW 5 which they do not offer. 3,400 for airport pick-up is a bit steep.
2500 for airport pickup is a bit steep too.
Old May 27, 2017, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah
2500 for airport pickup is a bit steep too.
฿2,500 is actually on the lower end of what comparable hotels normally charge for this service. The range of ฿2,500~฿3,500 is the going rate.

If one does not value or need the added level of service at the hotel upon arrival and departure that is associated with a hotel car transfer, services such as AOT can provide simple transportation in premium vehicle types for around half that price, possibly less.

I almost always opt for hotel car transfers in BKK. While it is not technically guaranteed, using hotel cars unofficially virtually guarantees immediate in room check even if arriving early, and similarly complimentary late check out at the time of departure in the evening. It also can often bring your arrival to the attention of duty management and therefore improve room allocation and help with upgrades. I've literally never not had uninterrupted access to my room or suite at any good hotel, from arrival until departure, when using this service. It's also pretty cool that if arriving in F on TG, one does not need to carry luggage an inch, TG porters hand the luggage directly to the airport representative of your hotel.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; May 27, 2017 at 4:41 pm
Old May 27, 2017, 5:18 pm

If the pope can ride around in a 2008 Ford Focus I can take a public taxi to my Bangkok hotel for $12-$13.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.