Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skj
I'm making this thread a wiki since there are issues that keep getting repeated (breakfast and transportation from/to CDG). Feel free to add whatever you feel is important - stick to facts of please and not one off exceptions (eg if you get an upgrade to the Presidential Suite on an award stay without any status - that's definitely a one off that doesn't belong in the WIKI - obviously you can do a regular post on it).

Public transport to the hotel from CDG

The best option is to take the Roissy bus to Opera. From there, the hotel is about a 5 minute walk.

The next best option is to take RER B to Chatelet-Les Halles. All trains from Roissy/CDG head south into Paris so no worries there. Some go express all the way into Paris (Gare du Nord, so Chatelet-Les Halles is the second stop); others are locals, in which case there are a lot of stops; some are half-express, half-local ... but all stop at Chatelet-Les Halles; and there is no point waiting for an express because it is rare if ever that an express will overtake a local. So get on whatever comes first. At Chatelet-Les Halles, transfer to RER A for one stop to Auber (which is joined to Opera station). You will be heading westbound, toward the termini St. Germain-en-Laye/Poissy/Cergny. You have to go up the stairs and back down for the Auber-bound train. Do not race across the platform for the RER B because that will be heading eastbound, to Gare de Lyon, Nation, Vincennes (and, depending on which one you get on, eventually Eurodisney!) The walk from the Auber exit closest to the RER stop takes about 10 minutes.

Public transport to the hotel from Orly

Take the Orlyval train to its end at Antony, then switch to RER B to Chatelet-Les-Halles and continue as above. In this case you can just cross the platform from the RER B to get the RER A headed to Auber.

Breakfast

The breakfast at Cafe Jeanne is free for Globalist members but is 40-50 euros per person otherwise. A modified but still very good version of this buffet breakfast is also available in the room and is also free for Globalists. Tips are not covered but then again the theory in France is that the service charge is in the price.

Museum tickets & pass from the concierge

You can buy "skip the line" tickets to the Louvre or Orsay for 18€ each, which is higher than the regular tickets via the Louvre & Orsay websites. But being able to "skip the line" obviously adds some value. They will also sell you the two day Paris Museum Pass for 55€. That is a 7€ markup.

Phone/data recommendations:
Lebara worked really well for me. What you need to do:
• You must unlock your phone (you can do this for free online with ATT through their website if you are out of contract)
• Order free SIM card at Lebara.fr a few weeks before your trip. I don’t think it took more than 2 weeks for my SIM card to arrive
• Activate SIM card at https://www.lebara.fr/activate-sim-detail?isoCode=en_GB or search “activate SIM” at Lebara.fr
• Load your SIM card with what you need. I paid 10 euro for 3G of data, unlimited SMS and local calls for 10 days (this should be plenty for most tourists)
LeFrench Mobile did not work so well for me: I paid 20-30 euro for local and international calls for my sister but was only able to make local calls and SMS

restaurant recommendations:
Nearby:
(We're here on 1 Oct 2021 and it appears this restaurant is closed permanently ...) Le Cap Bourbon- good, inexpensive, our server was nice and attentive (by French standards), great local crowd, menu has English translation
We ate a local Thai restaurant - Yo - its about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and very busy. I had a guinea fowl green curry - a first for me. Very good food and friendly service.

Other:
L'Avant Comptoir is a wine bar with great,relatively cheap eats and a great atmosphere and friendly, English-speaking staff. Standing room only and tight.

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Javier no longer being at Les Orchides.
WHAT?! That's definitely a deal breaker. Is he still with PHV in another a department or no longer at PHV?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by thucanhho
WHAT?! That's definitely a deal breaker. Is he still with PHV in another a department or no longer at PHV?
Damn they has lost a few good ones in the past couple of years, what's up with this?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by RTW1
Brunch is not the same as breakfast so no benefit there...
Are you speaking from experience at PHV? Because many Hyatts comp Sunday brunch buffet as the breakfast benefit.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by thucanhho
I agree. One of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting in the service industry. But it's not a bad thing. He left to start his own restaurant - AVLI, Mediterranean cuisine. 14 boulevard de Bonne Nouvelle. I've not been, but the reviews I've seen look very positive.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:10 pm

I agree. One of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting in the service industry. But it's not a bad thing. He left to start his own restaurant - AVLI, Mediterranean cuisine. 14 boulevard de Bonne Nouvelle. I've not been, but the reviews I've seen look very positive.

He would be great at front of house manager.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Because many Hyatts comp Sunday brunch buffet as the breakfast benefit.
Should we start a thread naming them? I'd be interested to know. I've been to at least 55 different Hyatts and have never had brunch offered when breakfast is offered.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
PHV Sunday Brunch is €94 or €125 (depending what you choose), incl. one glass of champagne.

https://parisvendome.park.hyatt.com/...rte-Brunch.pdf
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:56 am

Now that is one of the best post yet will have to note that for next trip
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
So many bad reviews. Should I save my free night for another Park Hyatt (eg Sydney) as a Globalist? Also I read you can have a "mythical" 2nd guest and order for two people for the globalist room service. Still ok?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
So many bad reviews. Should I save my free night for another Park Hyatt (eg Sydney) as a Globalist? Also I read you can have a "mythical" 2nd guest and order for two people for the globalist room service. Still ok?
ah scamming 101
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I guess I must be a rube. I stayed here in November/December and didn't have s single complaint, other than Javier no longer being at Les Orchides. If I liked the breakfast, the staff at the restaurant, the location, the room and the concierge staff, but the front desk staff was a little cold, I'm not sure I'd go looking for a better experience. But then, I don't hang out at the front desk all that much either.
Make that 2 Rubes. Was here for Xmas , and was given an exec Suite , 2 free cocktails , the House car took us to dinner 2 out of 5 nights .

Breakfast in the Room 3 out the the five days we were here, and the other 2 in Les Orchides .

Both times room service told me if you missed anything when you ordered we will bring it to you , and one server commented to me, if you eat all that food , I will bring it all again from the start !

Was offered the free cocktail/ champagne cause room wasn't ready , and we had arrived at 12:15 PM .

Claudio sent us a bottle of wine also.

Re Javier and his new restaurant, thanks for the info but FYI AVLI is a Greek word so I wonder if he partnered with a Greek ?

I would be Happy if I get half of that next time .
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Re Javier and his new restaurant, thanks for the info but FYI AVLI is a Greek word so I wonder if he partnered with a Greek ?
From their Facebook page: Restaurant d'inspiration méditerranéenne (Grèce, Italie, Espagne, Maroc, Liban,...")

Regardless, since the letters of AVLI are all in caps, I thought the name might be an acronym, combination of initials, or something along those lines. The first Flyertalker to go there can ask him and give us a review - though I'm afraid the people here might tend to be rather critical and need a warm hug upon check-in.

Last edited by ILuvParis; Apr 22, 2017 at 4:48 pm
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49
ah scamming 101
The room is booked for two people.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Still a scam... and something that will be noticed in places like these. What's the point of your post?

Last edited by RTW1; Apr 23, 2017 at 4:13 am
Old Apr 23, 2017, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Still a scam... and something that will be noticed in places like these. What's the point of your post?
Room is reserved for two people. I am entitled to breakfast for 2 people. You see the logic? Also what's the point of your meaningless post?

Or should I get a friendly neighborhood street dweller into my room so its not a "scam" in your eyes? @:-)

Now if anyone has any data points be greatly appreciated instead of being lectured by two puritans.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.