Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2014, 4:24 pm

[QUOTE=hailstorm;22940505]This might work in the case of Hilton, as I don't think that their system differentiates between paid and award stays when listed in the account records you send to Hyatt.

Has anyone tried this? I would hate to count on an award night and then find out I was wrong, though I guess I could always book a hasty night at a Hilton if I had to. My husband would think I'm nuts, but he's thought me crazy when it comes to this stuff for a long time.
Old May 28, 2014, 4:39 pm

I did a Hilton award stay (points though, not credit card night) as my only YTD Hilton stay and was accepted into the Diamond trial with a screenshot of my account a few days ago.

If you don't already have the Citi card & free night award available, I'd be a little concerned with getting everything done & posted in time for June though.

Last edited by worshipsf; May 28, 2014 at 4:46 pm
Old May 28, 2014, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by worshipsf
I did a Hilton award stay (points though, not credit card night) as my only YTD Hilton stay and was accepted into the Diamond trial with a screenshot of my account a few days ago.

If you don't already have the Citi card & free night award available, I'd be a little concerned with getting everything done & posted in time for June though.
Thank you! I'm planning for June 2015. Nuts I know. Hoping to book the flights when the calendar opens, which led me to start planning everything else. We've enjoyed several stays at Hyatt since I started this hobby about a year ago and I've grown very impressed with the chain.
Old May 28, 2014, 10:46 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by sfmom
Thank you! I'm planning for June 2015. Nuts I know. Hoping to book the flights when the calendar opens, which led me to start planning everything else. We've enjoyed several stays at Hyatt since I started this hobby about a year ago and I've grown very impressed with the chain.
I hope you have a high end hotel to use that free night at, otherwise just book a crappy hampton inn or something.
Old May 29, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
I'm interested in competing a diamond status challenge and have booked a 5 night stay at the Andaz Papagayo under the "free two nights" promo. Will this count towards the status challenge? If so, will Hyatt count all 5 nights or just the three nights?
Old May 29, 2014, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Bacopa
I'm interested in competing a diamond status challenge and have booked a 5 night stay at the Andaz Papagayo under the "free two nights" promo. Will this count towards the status challenge? If so, will Hyatt count all 5 nights or just the three nights?
EDIT: Misread the post, I will let someone else answer.

Last edited by tys90; May 29, 2014 at 10:32 am
Old May 29, 2014, 10:30 am

Thanks. The two free nights are from a promotional rate which deducts
Two nights off a booking when four or more nights are booked. Deductions are made upon checking out. No certificate or points are being used.
Old May 29, 2014, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Bacopa
Thanks. The two free nights are from a promotional rate which deducts
Two nights off a booking when four or more nights are booked. Deductions are made upon checking out. No certificate or points are being used.
My mistake, I misread your post. I believe they count in that case but I may be wrong, sorry.
Old May 29, 2014, 1:45 pm

Sent an email yesterday morning with my Hilton stays/status. Got a reply yesterday afternoon asking to confirm. Replied last night. Email this morning saying I'm enrolled, and about 6 hours later status updated to Diamond. Have my 12 nights booked, though 5 of them I'm on the fence about. Trying to find a time/place I can actually use the nights instead of just a hotel I happen to be driving by to check in to...
Old May 29, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Hey guys,

I have an upcoming reservation at the Grand Hyatt Kauai for my honeymoon (July 1 - July 5). Spending the rest of the time on the north shore. I booked this reservation before the devaluation, using 81K Hyatt points transferred from my CSP for a Grand Club Room. I do not currently hold the Hyatt CC.

I have Hilton Gold, and a booked stay in February. Would I be eligible, and would June 2nd be a good time to initiate a Diamond Challenge? It would be nice to have Diamond status while staying there. I'm not sure we'll get to 12 nights, especially since I believe these nights wouldn't count (booked with points). We might be able to, and we could definitely try. I feel like there wouldn't be a better time to try and to have that diamond status than on our honeymoon. It seems like it's no longer a one-time trial offer, so that sways my decision somewhat. If it is, still, I might decide to wait until I'm sure I can meet the challenge. I'm also not currently in a suite, but hoping it being my honeymoon, + diamond, + the great reputation of the GHK would combine for an even more magical honeymoon experience than I'm sure we'll already have.

Recommendations? Thanks for any help!
Old May 29, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by roki
Hey guys,

I have an upcoming reservation at the Grand Hyatt Kauai for my honeymoon (July 1 - July 5). Spending the rest of the time on the north shore. I booked this reservation before the devaluation, using 81K Hyatt points transferred from my CSP for a Grand Club Room. I do not currently hold the Hyatt CC.

I have Hilton Gold, and a booked stay in February. Would I be eligible, and would June 2nd be a good time to initiate a Diamond Challenge? It would be nice to have Diamond status while staying there. I'm not sure we'll get to 12 nights, especially since I believe these nights wouldn't count (booked with points). We might be able to, and we could definitely try. I feel like there wouldn't be a better time to try and to have that diamond status than on our honeymoon. It seems like it's no longer a one-time trial offer, so that sways my decision somewhat. If it is, still, I might decide to wait until I'm sure I can meet the challenge. I'm also not currently in a suite, but hoping it being my honeymoon, + diamond, + the great reputation of the GHK would combine for an even more magical honeymoon experience than I'm sure we'll already have.

Recommendations? Thanks for any help!
It's been well documented that you need an actual Hilton stay (with Gold status) to get the status match. I posted my experience a month ago, including an email from Hyatt spelling out the requirements. Of course, YMMV.

It's also well documented in the GHK review thread that upgrades (even for Diamonds) are very rare, given the popularity of the resort (that's where the great reputation works against you). Also, seemingly everyone in Hawaii (at every hotel I've stayed at) is on their honeymoon., so I wouldn't count on that for anything.

Seems like a waste of a Diamond challenge to me (...assuming no upgrade, you will be getting regency club access for 5 days, and presumably some of your points back if you re-book to a standard room); but to each their own. I will be at the GHK for 7 nights next month, and am looking forward to a great stay, and completing the challenge.

Any start date in June will give you status through the end of Aug (be it 6/2 or 6/30); so the actual date is less important if you don't plan to complete the challenge.
Old May 29, 2014, 5:13 pm

I mentioned a couple weeks ago that after I did not complete my Diamond challenge and it expired, I was downgraded to Platinum status. I received a Platinum membership card expiring in February 2015. Before I signed up for the challenge, I had no Hyatt status at all and in fact no previous stays. Is it standard for people who do not complete the Diamond challenge to get Platinum for a year?
Old May 29, 2014, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I mentioned a couple weeks ago that after I did not complete my Diamond challenge and it expired, I was downgraded to Platinum status. I received a Platinum membership card expiring in February 2015. Before I signed up for the challenge, I had no Hyatt status at all and in fact no previous stays. Is it standard for people who do not complete the Diamond challenge to get Platinum for a year?
No. Count yourself lucky.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You probably made the 5 stay threshold it takes to make Plat.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by tys90
My mistake, I misread your post. I believe they count in that case but I may be wrong, sorry.
I pvt messaged the HGP team here, and they claim that the two free nights do not count. I find this strange, since the stipulations suggest otherwise. Oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.