Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2010, 5:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
1. 4 suite upgrades that expire Feb 2012 will go into your account March 2011.
2. Once a suite upgrade has been confirmed I have never heard of a problem.
3. I'm not aware of any rule about guaranteed late checkouts, but I have rarely been declined when I requested one- only if the hotel is sold out.
4.I would suggest calling GP CS to be sure your reservations reflect Diamond status. Since most Hyatts block rooms for Diamonds the night before it is better to make sure it is in the reservation rather than to show your card at checkin.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 5:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, LH Senator
Thank you for quick response.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 10:07 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by flyermember
3) I saw in some posts, that some people mentioned, that Diamond members can receive late-checkout. Is there any written rule about it or it is based on voluntary decision of the hotel staff?
The new "rule" for late-checkouts is 2 PM based upon availability. Since they've published this, we've noticed more latitude in check-outs after noon. However, the Hyatt program is not quite as generous as Starwood in this regards (which is 4 PM unless there's something special going on or its a resort property).
Old Nov 7, 2010, 9:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Dropping by with a quick question (which I could have searched for, but I guess the reply can be educational for others!).

Being DIamond, I plan booking 2 standard rooms at a HR for 5 nights. Will use suite upgrade for 1 room, and upgrade the other with points (6k for 4 nights).

I understand that most or many Hyatts will give status benefits on second room. Am I right if a suite will get breakfast and possible other perks in any case?

My main concern is that as there is now a 10k/5nights promo, how can I get 2x10k? As I understood I cant get this promo on 2-room bookings (only for room number 1).
How about changing the Hyatt GP number for one room at checkout?
Old Nov 7, 2010, 5:01 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AT elite
Hi all,
I am a Hilton Diamond and Hyatt Plat (from just a few stays last year). I've been starting to get back into Hyatt and stayed at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront this past weekend. Booked my room, got a confirmed rate. At check in, I asked about where to park and the manager there was very nice and said they would validate my parking and got the lady doing my check in to validate parking on my room key so I could use the garage across the street.

Fast forward to when I check out, my bill is $30 higher than anticipated (my rate + taxes). I ask about it and they say parking is $15/night. It said nothing about it when I reserved the room, when they sent me confirmation email, nor when the manager asked the front desk to validate parking on my key.

So, how is Hyatt CS? Will they do anything to rectify this? I did quick research and found the name of the GM for that property, but am wondering if anyone here knows the general email form used by Hyatt employees so I can send the GM an email? Or should I send it to a general Hyatt CS?

Thanks!
Old Nov 7, 2010, 6:05 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT, ngredler! Few (if any) hotel websites, reservations, or confirmations discuss whether parking is paid or not, so the absence of that information from those media doesn't by itself justify getting free parking.

Often hotels say they are going to "validate" parking or some such because guests get in and out privileges or a special reduced rate, not available to non-guests.

While the desk clerk should have volunteered information about parking charges when you checked in, I don't think that omission alone justifies getting parking for free. So while it never hurts to email the GM, who may do something for you, unfortunately I don't think you have much of a case for your parking to be comped.

The format for email is (I think) firstname.lastname [AT] hyatt.com .
Old Nov 7, 2010, 7:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP , Avis Presidents Club, Marriot Titanium
Suite Upgrade?

I booked a paid 4 night stay at the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati over Christmas. I'm I reading it right that for 6,000 points I can request a suite? Or is that 6,000 a day? It would be nice for the whole family to have room to spread out.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 7:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
It is 6000 points for up to 4 nights. But you must pay the Hyatt rate, not a discounted rate.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 2:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mmgm
It is 6000 points for up to 4 nights. But you must pay the Hyatt rate, not a discounted rate.
Corporate rate should be fine?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 3:09 am

Programs: QF KF
Has anyone stayed at Grand Hyatt Melbourne recently?

Looking to book a night in a standard room next weekend but worried that I will get an unrefurb room as I know they're doing renovations.

Is there anyway of guranteeing my room?I am a gold passport platinum member however this is the first booking under this account.

any help would be appreciated

thanks
Old Nov 8, 2010, 4:28 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by travelkid
Dropping by with a quick question (which I could have searched for, but I guess the reply can be educational for others!).

Being DIamond, I plan booking 2 standard rooms at a HR for 5 nights. Will use suite upgrade for 1 room, and upgrade the other with points (6k for 4 nights).

I understand that most or many Hyatts will give status benefits on second room. Am I right if a suite will get breakfast and possible other perks in any case?

My main concern is that as there is now a 10k/5nights promo, how can I get 2x10k? As I understood I cant get this promo on 2-room bookings (only for room number 1).
How about changing the Hyatt GP number for one room at checkout?
Travelkid,

For me, this is an either/or - you put both rooms on one res to get the diamond bennies, or on separate res to get the extra 10k points. Double-dipping (by changing GP number at checkout) may or may not work, but is on the unethical side of my moral compass. YMMV, of course.

Should be okay, but suggest calling GP to confirm.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 4:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Travelkid,

For me, this is an either/or - you put both rooms on one res to get the diamond bennies, or on separate res to get the extra 10k points. Double-dipping (by changing GP number at checkout) may or may not work, but is on the unethical side of my moral compass. YMMV, of course.

Should be okay, but suggest calling GP to confirm.
I plan to use 6k points to upgrade the 2nd room to suite, so I guess that will do for the benefits even if booked from the 2nd acct.
But I need to pay those 6k from my acct. I guess thats pretty easy to fix with a call?
Only thing is that I will book with my corp rate, and that one is not really eligible on the 2nd account, however it should work if I book it.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 8:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by hummel
Has anyone stayed at Grand Hyatt Melbourne recently?

Looking to book a night in a standard room next weekend but worried that I will get an unrefurb room as I know they're doing renovations.

Is there anyway of guranteeing my room?I am a gold passport platinum member however this is the first booking under this account.

any help would be appreciated

thanks
I had an outstanding two night stay there in August. I booked the base room and was upgraded to a newly refurbished Club room. My only suggestion would be to note a request for a refurbished room in your reservation.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:39 pm

In my experience, Corporate rates are not eligible for the suite upgrade with 6,000 points. You generally need to book the Hyatt Daily Rate. Using the Diamond suite upgrade is not a problem with a corporate or even AAA rate.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DealDetective
In my experience, Corporate rates are not eligible for the suite upgrade with 6,000 points. You generally need to book the Hyatt Daily Rate. Using the Diamond suite upgrade is not a problem with a corporate or even AAA rate.
You are right, and this is according to the t&c for upgrades on hyatt site, and also confirmed by Hyatt diamond line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.