Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 5, 2015, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Unsure if this is directly related but I am pretty sure that the builders are actively marketing the new development in China.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by Wandertanavin
I just tried to make a reservation for the holidays 2015, specifically December 25 thru the 28th and was told the hotel was sold out. I then asked for December 30 thru January 2 and was told no points availability.

Diamond agent noted that it did appear strange, however "they work with an international crowd". It appears everyone is booking their Christmas Holidays. Note that rooms are available for a week before that (December 18 thru December 23).

This seems odd.
I made some inquiries tonight and it appears that the hotel is not sold out - the availability for the base room has not been opened up. The base is the Grand, and not the Grand Deluxe that shows during the Christmas season. I was informed that there were in fact no reservations made for that time period yet. A supervisor was kind enough to offer to contact the property about honoring the pre-deval rate, I will update if successful.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:46 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bmrisko
Booking for the Baha Mar will open 9/15/14 for stays starting in June 2015.
I'm thinking about booking this hotel for a stay in September, just noticed the website now says "Opening Spring 2015. Now accepting reservations from May 1, 2015 and beyond" so it would appear that they've moved up the date they're accepting reservations for in the past few weeks, because I'm pretty sure it was June until recently.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by sam_goh
I made some inquiries tonight and it appears that the hotel is not sold out - the availability for the base room has not been opened up. The base is the Grand, and not the Grand Deluxe that shows during the Christmas season. I was informed that there were in fact no reservations made for that time period yet. A supervisor was kind enough to offer to contact the property about honoring the pre-deval rate, I will update if successful.
^

I am now seeing availability for everything but base rooms as noted above. I ended up booking for September with their 4th night free promo as the room rates did not justify using points.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Booked a few days ago with P+C and a DSU for June. Agent noted that both suite types were available with the upgrade so she booked me in the Grand Executive Suite. I haven't been able to find mockups or floorplans of the suites yet though.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:10 pm

Any Update on Hotel Opening?

Does anyone have an update on the opening of this hotel? I know the website says it's scheduled to open May 1, however I understand the entire complex was recently delayed from end of March to May.

The reason I ask is that I have a reservation for the end of May booked on points (pre-category change), so I can't change the reservation without changing the category it books into. Also, I tried checking availability in May and everyday is not available - nothing until June 1.

Is the hotel blocking new reservations as it's unsure of it's posted May 1 opening date? I called Hyatt Passport and they first claimed it was all sold out for the month of May - that seems unlikely. When I pressed the person he just told me they would notify me if anything changes - not very helpful if you're deciding what to do about air reservations.

If anyone has any additional details that might help me in deciding if I should cancel or book my flights.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ATL_Terp05
....I tried checking availability in May and everyday is not available - nothing until June 1....
I noticed that too. I was checking mid May and everyday was available 10 days ago. Now, nothing.

My guess is opening will be delayed until June 1 but it is not official yet.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:04 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello Flyertalkers!

We are currently reviewing with the hotel and will be in a better position this Friday, April 10, 2015 to advise of any updates regarding the hotel and arrivals prior to June 1, 2015. We will certainly reach out to any guests who might be impacted if there is a change in the opening date. If anyone has immediate questions, please contact us at 1-800-323-7249.

Thank you!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:08 pm

Programs: CO
Thank you for the information. I have a reservation in early May and have been concerned about the opening. Hopefully, Hyatt will reach on sooner rather than later if the resort will not be open May 1.

Last edited by markpappai; Apr 8, 2015 at 10:10 pm Reason: Spelling.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:16 am

Looks like Hyatt is now blocking reservations through July 1 - adding July must have just started in the last day or two.

Sounds like that May 1 opening date isn't looking so good...
Old Apr 10, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello Flyertalkers!

We are currently reviewing with the hotel and will be in a better position this Friday, April 10, 2015 to advise of any updates regarding the hotel and arrivals prior to June 1, 2015. We will certainly reach out to any guests who might be impacted if there is a change in the opening date. If anyone has immediate questions, please contact us at 1-800-323-7249.

Thank you!
Is there any update on this? I have a reservation for June 4th.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 7:53 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
A quick check tonight shows availability starting June 15th.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:52 pm

Good Evening Flyertalkers!

Thank you for your patience as we continue to review the status of arrivals prior to June 1, 2015 with the hotel. As we want to ensure that we have all available details confirmed, we are hopeful that we will have an update regarding the hotel's opening date by the afternoon of Monday, April 13, 2015. If you have any immediate questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-323-7249.

Thank you!
Old Apr 13, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge

Thank you for your patience as we continue to review the status of arrivals prior to June 1, 2015 with the hotel. As we want to ensure that we have all available details confirmed, we are hopeful that we will have an update regarding the hotel's opening date by the afternoon of Monday, April 13, 2015. If you have any immediate questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-323-7249.

Thank you!
Any further updates. I have reservation in May end.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 4:51 pm

We truly appreciate your continued patience while we continue to review the status of arrivals prior to June 1, 2015 with the hotel. We expect to have all details finalized by tomorrow, Tuesday April 14, 2015. We will be sure to provide an update as soon as we have all of the information confirmed. If you have any immediate questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-323-7249.

Thank you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.