Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Can I check in for two rooms in my name and wife's name

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

My wife is not cooperating so much for my plan to achieve 5 stays for both of us. She won't commit to make the trek to the burbs and check in. Do you think if I put one room in my name and one in hers and mine with her gold passport account I would have any problems. I would essentially be walking into the hotel and asking to check into two rooms. Do they care if it seems weird.

Do all Hyatt place have kiosks that I can use and avoid any interaction at all.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
You will get 1 credit stay no matter how many rooms did you book. I would not do that if I were you.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:20 pm

My wife has a separate goldpass # and reservation. I check her in at the desk, but I have her license (Most the time she is sitting in the car with the baby). I have had no problem with this.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by karung99
You will get 1 credit stay no matter how many rooms did you book. I would not do that if I were you.
Different names and different gold passport numbers. Surely two people with the same last name can book rooms and each get credit. Only question is if they will let me check into my wife's room. Should I put my name on the reservation, my first initial or just leave my wife's name only.
Old May 4, 2010, 7:35 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I have talked my g/f into mattress runs and we both go to the kiosks together. She checks in on her account and I check in on my account. A bit different than your situation, but either one of us could have easily checked us both in on our separate accounts - it's a simple swipe of a credit card (you might think about using a different cc for each reservation?)

All in all, it doesn't seem like too much of a problem if you each have your own account and reservation

Cheers

Originally Posted by hindukid
Different names and different gold passport numbers. Surely two people with the same last name can book rooms and each get credit. Only question is if they will let me check into my wife's room. Should I put my name on the reservation, my first initial or just leave my wife's name only.
Old May 4, 2010, 10:24 am

My wife is not cooperating so much for my plan to achieve 5 stays for both of us. She won't commit to make the trek to the burbs and check in. Do you think if I put one room in my name and one in hers and mine with her gold passport account I would have any problems. I would essentially be walking into the hotel and asking to check into two rooms. Do they care if it seems weird.

Do all Hyatt place have kiosks that I can use and avoid any interaction at all.
I've done it numerous times.

For the hyatt places, I just used her credit card and swiped it at the machines.

For full services hyatt, I have her add me as an additional guest on the reservation, and so I can check in with my id to her room as well as mine.

In both cases, never problem with her getting her GP points, amenities, stay credit, etc.
Old May 4, 2010, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Hindukid, I misunderstood you earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.