Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2010, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K
Every 3rd night bonus

Originally Posted by peteropny
along with additional awards after every 3 stays (Stay 3 & 6: 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points, 1,500 bonus points for dining, food & beverage welcome amenity, or a complimentary beverage, Stay 9 & 12: 1,500 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points, 500 travel partner miles, 2,000 bonus points for dining, food & beverage welcome amenity, or a complimentary beverage, Stay 15 & 18: 2,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points, 1,000 travel partner miles, Regency Club upgrade, $10 Starbucks gift card, or a complimentary beverage, Stay 21 & 24: 2,500 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points, 1,500 travel partner miles, Regency Club upgrade, complimentary Continental breakfast, or a complimentary beverage)
How are the "every third night" bonuses awarded? At the front desk, by mail, or by email? How long does it usually take after the third stay to receive the bonus?

The additional points "for dining". Do you need to be a guest to get these extra points or can you just head over for a meal?

peteropny, thanks so much for the great summary of benefits and tips. It's been really helpful.
Old May 19, 2010, 8:49 pm

From my experience the award posted a few days (less than a week) after the stay posted and is in the "Award > My Promotional Award" Page. You can opt to receive the voucher online by mail.

You don't have to be a guest to receive the 1500 bonus points, but as a guest you receive gold passport points for the incidentals.

All you have to do is to hand the voucher to the waiter. The bonus will be posted later. If the bonus did not post (always the case) you can write to the Customer Service and the bonus will be posted without problem.
Old May 23, 2010, 12:03 pm

Does Platinum to Diamond Status Happen Immediately?

This is a wonderful thread. MANY thanks! I'm kind of new to Hyatt and joined to access the special they are running where you can get platinum status with 5 stays and diamond with 15 over a six month trial period (status maintained through early 2012 I believe). Question: I'm going to achieve my 15th stay soon and then VERY shortly after that will be staying at a couple nice Hyatts in Phil and Chicago. Would love to be recognized as Diamond for those stays.

HOW QUICKLY AFTER MY 15th STAY DO YOU THINK HYATT WILL RECOGNIZE THAT I'M NOW A DIAMOND? Do you think it happens exactly when the stay that pushes me over hits the GP system? Just in case, are there things I can do to expedite recognition if it's taking more than a couple days for that magic 15th stay to hit the system?

Thank you for this great info. (BTW, I came over from HHonors and there's no comparison - so far Hyatt has been far superior to Hilton^)
Old May 23, 2010, 12:50 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bofc
HOW QUICKLY AFTER MY 15th STAY DO YOU THINK HYATT WILL RECOGNIZE THAT I'M NOW A DIAMOND? Do you think it happens exactly when the stay that pushes me over hits the GP system? Just in case, are there things I can do to expedite recognition if it's taking more than a couple days for that magic 15th stay to hit the system?
It's actually 15 nights - but irrelevant to you.

I think that the system should give you Diamond status when it sweeps after you 15th night posts (should be a few hours up to a day). Once that happens, you may want to call either the property or Hyatt CS to ask that your Diamond status be noted since normally status is attached at the time that reservation is made and not really updated.
Old May 24, 2010, 2:49 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE
Yes, call. You might even want to call as soon as your 15th stay/night is finished so they can post that and make the upload of your status go even quicker.
Congrats!
Originally Posted by bofc
This is a wonderful thread. MANY thanks! I'm kind of new to Hyatt and joined to access the special they are running where you can get platinum status with 5 stays and diamond with 15 over a six month trial period (status maintained through early 2012 I believe). Question: I'm going to achieve my 15th stay soon and then VERY shortly after that will be staying at a couple nice Hyatts in Phil and Chicago. Would love to be recognized as Diamond for those stays.

Thank you for this great info. (BTW, I came over from HHonors and there's no comparison - so far Hyatt has been far superior to Hilton^)
Old May 26, 2010, 9:52 am

Thanks...

for the helpful responses. I'll do that.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
How do I find out the FD Manager or GM email address on particular property, any help will be appreciate.

Karung99
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:03 am

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
"Payment using $ denominated Hyatt Gift Checks or Gift Cards have no effect on stay eligibility / points (this depends on the underlying reservation). Stays utilizing Stay Certificates (booked using the stay certificate codes) are not considered “eligible” and therefore will not earn stay credit or points (except for incidentals that earn points)."

So my question is regarding transferring the Chase Saphire card 25,000 point bonus into $250-worth of Hyatt currency or certificates or whatever. Are stays paid with whatever form of Hyatt cash this transfer produces going to eligible to qualify for the current buy-2-get-1 promotion or not?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brasov02
So my question is regarding transferring the Chase Saphire card 25,000 point bonus into $250-worth of Hyatt currency or certificates or whatever. Are stays paid with whatever form of Hyatt cash this transfer produces going to eligible to qualify for the current buy-2-get-1 promotion or not?
Should be considered eligible - I expect that the $250 is in the form of a Hyatt Check Certificate (similar to the much discussed Costco sold ones).
Old Jun 3, 2010, 3:27 pm

"eligible stay" if someone else pays?

I am going to a conference next week and doing 3 nights at HR. The conference is paying for my hotel and I was able to attach my GP# to the rez. Do I get credit for this? It would be very helpful toward Diamond qualification, although I'm not counting on it.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by A-Game
I am going to a conference next week and doing 3 nights at HR. The conference is paying for my hotel and I was able to attach my GP# to the rez. Do I get credit for this? It would be very helpful toward Diamond qualification, although I'm not counting on it.
Probably not - YMMV though.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 9:43 am

Another question. Do you know if I would get credit for (eligible stay) paying for a night at a HP if I have an award night and (actually) staying that same night at another property?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: US CP, CO PE, Avis First, National EE
Good Questions. I was curious as to racking up nights with Mattress Running... Can I be checked in to two different properties on the same night and get credit for each night as a separate stay? I'd like to earn a few more BWB nights for summer travel and make Diamond. I'm in the DC area and was looking to book 2 nights at a time for weekend stays Friday night, then going to a different 2 properties and doing the same Saturday night.

Originally Posted by A-Game
Another question. Do you know if I would get credit for (eligible stay) paying for a night at a HP if I have an award night and (actually) staying that same night at another property?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 12:47 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by DCAMatt
Good Questions. I was curious as to racking up nights with Mattress Running... Can I be checked in to two different properties on the same night and get credit for each night as a separate stay? I'd like to earn a few more BWB nights for summer travel and make Diamond. I'm in the DC area and was looking to book 2 nights at a time for weekend stays Friday night, then going to a different 2 properties and doing the same Saturday night.
Hey there FTers,
You wouldn't be able to get credit for both hotels as seperate stays if you check into two different hotels on the same night. Since you can't physically be in both hotels you would only get credit for one hotel. Hope this helps!
Chrissi R.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

From the first post in this thread:

What is a definition of a stay?

A stay is defined as any number of consecutive nights at one property whether the nights are booked under one reservation or multiple reservations. In maximizing stay credits (for qualification/requalification of status or for promotions that are dependent on stays such as FFN) you can utilize the same property but not on consecutive nights (eg for 3 nights you can alternate properties A B A to obtain 3 stay credits). Award stays (either regular points or promotional free nights) do not earn stay credits.

You cannot earn more than 1 stay credit per night no matter how many rooms you pay for (you will earn the points for multiple rooms if you are paying for them) or how many properties you are paying for that night (however, if you are able to convince a CSR why there was a good reason why you were in 2 properties for the same night (eg you were already checked into a property on the East Coast but had to travel to the West Coast and checked into another property there), you may get 2 stay credits that night).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.