Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2010, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
Platinum – 15% bonus points, best room in category reserved, internet access for free - http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/...p_platinum.jsp along with additional awards after every 3 stays (Stay 3 & 6: 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points, 1,500 bonus points for dining, food & beverage welcome amenity, or a complimentary beverage, Stay 9 & 12: 1,500 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points, 500 travel partner miles, 2,000 bonus points for dining, food & beverage welcome amenity, or a complimentary beverage, Stay 15 & 18: 2,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points, 1,000 travel partner miles, Regency Club upgrade, $10 Starbucks gift card, or a complimentary beverage, Stay 21 & 24: 2,500 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points, 1,500 travel partner miles, Regency Club upgrade, complimentary Continental breakfast, or a complimentary beverage)

Diamond – Platinum benefits with these “improvements” 30% bonus points, upgraded room to best room including Regency/Grand Club (excluding suites), confirmed suite upgrades (4x a year on eligible paid stays subject to availability), breakfast for all registered guests in room (up to 4 – in RC/GC if available otherwise in restaurant), welcome amenity (choice of food & beverage or 1,000 points at domestic GH & HR or 500 points at HP & SS - in "Hyatt Speak" known as 1W). Recently Hyatt introduced a 2500 point bonus (DN) in "compensation" at properties that have a RC/GC but it is temporarily closed (due to occupancy, day of the week, season etc) or so full that complimentary access for Diamonds is denied - http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/...ip_diamond.jsp
Thanks for the summary - I find it hugely helpful.

Re Diamond Benefits:
you won't receive Platinum Certificates as Diamond

Also it might be helpful for readers outside North America to point out that there is no welcome amenity outside North America. However, I had success to request the same for stays in Asia via the US-based Diamond Hotline

Ham
Old May 6, 2010, 12:55 am

I'm guessing in your case the "base" room is not available.
What do I look for on hyatt.com to determine if a "base" room is available? Am I correct in my thinking that I search for the hotel/nights I want for a free night(s), and if there is a "Hyatt Daily Rate" listed, then I can use points for a room?

Also, what does it mean, "72/48 hr advance guarantee"? Thanks.
Old May 6, 2010, 1:26 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Incorrect

Originally Posted by Hamurabi2008

Also it might be helpful for readers outside North America to point out that there is no welcome amenity outside North America. However, I had success to request the same for stays in Asia via the US-based Diamond Hotline

Ham
There is a welcome amenity outside North America, however there is no choice of amenity or points. Generally you receive food and beverage item/s.
Old May 6, 2010, 7:58 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uiucsb
What do I look for on hyatt.com to determine if a "base" room is available? Am I correct in my thinking that I search for the hotel/nights I want for a free night(s), and if there is a "Hyatt Daily Rate" listed, then I can use points for a room?

Also, what does it mean, "72/48 hr advance guarantee"? Thanks.
Look at the property's website (linked to in the Property Index sticky at the top of the forum) - go to Rooms - then there's a list of room types - the "base" room is usually at the top of the list (name could vary from property to property) - but would not contain the words "deluxe" "view" "club" "suite" etc.

If there are a variety of rates that come up for that "base" room type, then points redemption should be available. Searching redemption directly should tell you the cost in points for the room not the cash cost.

The advance guarantee is when the property is sold out but you can "force" a booking as a Platinum / Diamond at a full "rack" (high) rate for a base room - point redemptions are not available in those instances.
Old May 6, 2010, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
A couple very minor points

Probably obvious to most, but a stay at the same property with a night in between is counted as a separate stay, i.e check in Friday/out Saturday; Check in Sunday out Monday (helpful for those doing matress runs with 2 chains - you know who you are!) Peter, I'm assuming day-only rates don't count as eligible stays?

Re: platinum certificate - Gold Passport bonus can be earned by eating at a hotel restaurant (non-3rd party operated) and does not require being a registered guest - wife just got one of these, or I'd have never known.
Old May 12, 2010, 11:30 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Sorry for this elementary question, but am a newbie to the Hyatt program; but if a stay at a Hyatt for some reason has been booked thru another site and not the Hyatt site directly, would that stay still be credited to my Gold Passport program..??

Have faced this situation in the past with another hotel chain, where a stay was booked not directly with this hotel chain and hence they did not credit that stay to the program.
Old May 13, 2010, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by quarryking
Sorry for this elementary question, but am a newbie to the Hyatt program; but if a stay at a Hyatt for some reason has been booked thru another site and not the Hyatt site directly, would that stay still be credited to my Gold Passport program..??
If payment was pre-paid to the other site - you won't get stay credit / points unless there is a mistake.

If payment is directly to the property at the time of your stay - then YMMV - seems like reservations made by corporate travel departments / agents usually get stay credit / points.
Old May 16, 2010, 8:07 am

Programs: AAEXP 3+MM, Marriott Plt and Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond
Just joined Hyatt after years as Marriott Platinum. So far I am very impressed. I have one question. I was matched to Diamond. As a matched Diamond do I get the 4 suite upgrades? If I do how do I track or see this. I can not find anything on the website tracking them.
Old May 16, 2010, 10:05 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by flyinghome
As a matched Diamond do I get the 4 suite upgrades? If I do how do I track or see this. I can not find anything on the website tracking them.
Others report receiving them in like circumstance. Go to www.goldpassport and log on. Then, click on Awards -> My Promotional Awards. You can then see your suite upgrades and any BWB nights that you earn.
Old May 17, 2010, 12:43 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Suite upgrades for two rooms?

I searched for the answer and apologize if others have asked and I did not see it.

I have booked two revenue rooms in my name, can I upgrade both rooms to suites if I have the upgrade certificates?
Old May 17, 2010, 1:11 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
yes. Though I would recommend using points, unless the stay exceeds 4 nights in which case you will need to use the e-cert.
Old May 17, 2010, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
I have booked two revenue rooms in my name, can I upgrade both rooms to suites if I have the upgrade certificates?
I don't think you can use the certs for both rooms - but I believe you can use the certs for one room & points for the other (although this probably requires a higher rate).
Old May 17, 2010, 7:31 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

I've used certificates concurrently at the GH Cairo.
Old May 17, 2010, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Passport Plus still do exist -- they are in evidence at the Hyatt Montreal during the 7/4 weekend during Jazz Fest.
Yes they still exist, I've seen them as recently as January.
In fact like I mentioned earlier, I'm almost positive that Passport Plus awards DO NOT exist. I too have been able to see the "Passport Plus" option pop up when trying to book an award a couple times, but I believe this is just an IT glitch (what, hyatt.com has an IT glitch, there's a shocker, huh )

If you actually click on "Book Passport Plus" when the box pops up, it won't actually let you book anything at all, rather it just repops up the exact same screen again. From what I have seen this screen ONLY pops up when there is a minimum length of stay requirement in force at that time. So technically there are award rooms available, however they require a minimum lenght of stay. For example, if you look at HR Montreal on 7/4, the Passport Plus box will popup. Click it and nothing happens. Now if you try to book 5 nights, 7/4-7/9, then it will allow you to book that with points. FWIW, this is the exact same as with paid rooms. If you try to book 7/4 paid, it will not let you but if you try to book 7/4-7/9 paid it will let you.

Since there are no longer any capacity controls on awards, it certainly makes sense that Passport Plus awards are gone. I'm not sure what the use of them would be otherwise, 60% more points for a base award room that you should be able to get if it's available? It just doesn't make sense.

BTW, even though this is an IT glitch, it is actually useful IMHO as when that Passport Plus screen pops it tells me that there IS a base room available, I just need to dig around to figure out the minimum length of stay requirement in order to be able to book the award room. ^ I just wish this IT glitch occured all the time. Unfortunately it seems like it only occurs at certain hotels, not sure why. Possibly something to do with the reservations systems changing over to Opera software or something similar?
Old May 18, 2010, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
In fact like I mentioned earlier, I'm almost positive that Passport Plus awards DO NOT exist. I too have been able to see the "Passport Plus" option pop up when trying to book an award a couple times, but I believe this is just an IT glitch (what, hyatt.com has an IT glitch, there's a shocker, huh )

If you actually click on "Book Passport Plus" when the box pops up, it won't actually let you book anything at all, rather it just repops up the exact same screen again. From what I have seen this screen ONLY pops up when there is a minimum length of stay requirement in force at that time. So technically there are award rooms available, however they require a minimum lenght of stay. For example, if you look at HR Montreal on 7/4, the Passport Plus box will popup. Click it and nothing happens. Now if you try to book 5 nights, 7/4-7/9, then it will allow you to book that with points. FWIW, this is the exact same as with paid rooms. If you try to book 7/4 paid, it will not let you but if you try to book 7/4-7/9 paid it will let you.

Since there are no longer any capacity controls on awards, it certainly makes sense that Passport Plus awards are gone. I'm not sure what the use of them would be otherwise, 60% more points for a base award room that you should be able to get if it's available? It just doesn't make sense.

BTW, even though this is an IT glitch, it is actually useful IMHO as when that Passport Plus screen pops it tells me that there IS a base room available, I just need to dig around to figure out the minimum length of stay requirement in order to be able to book the award room. ^ I just wish this IT glitch occured all the time. Unfortunately it seems like it only occurs at certain hotels, not sure why. Possibly something to do with the reservations systems changing over to Opera software or something similar?
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.