Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:04 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RedElmo
Does Hyatt House and Hyatt Place also earn the full 5 points for every dollar spent? Marriott and Hilton's "extended" stay places only earn half the points. Wondering if Hyatt is the same.
All Hyatt properties give 5 points / $ for base members + status bonuses including HP / HH properties.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Does Hyatt House and Hyatt Place also earn the full 5 points for every dollar spent? Marriott and Hilton's "extended" stay places only earn half the points. Wondering if Hyatt is the same.
Adding on to last poster, the only difference in points is for the Diamond point amenity (if chosen). Hyatt Houses & Places only get 500 points while full-service get 1000. Otherwise, they are the exact same.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:28 pm

I wonder if anyone else ran into something like this or knows the answer:

I am diamond and a family member will be staying in a Hyatt on a C&P rate for 7 nights (assume 9/1/16-9/8/16).

If i check into a different Hyatt on a paid night on 9/3/16 and out on 9/4/16, will i earn another stay credit for that night?

The question is regarding a stay credit and NOT a night credit.

I know if i checked in on 9/1/16, i wouldn't... the question is if its a stay in the middle of the other stay which already earned a stay credit.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
This assumes you've put your name on the family members reservation so they can get your diamond benefits, correct?

You cannot get stay credit for 2 stays over the same dates. They do make exceptions if you're traveling between time zones and have the same "night" booked in 2 places.

But in this case, it's not going to happen.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 2:06 pm

I have 2 expiring (Jan 31) DSUs and one 4-day stay booked at a Grand Hyatt in January.

That stay is booked in the entry level suite already. I have a separate reservation in a standard king room, but can't apply a DSU (even though the website shows the entry-level suite still available, and even at a reasonable price), they're saying the upgrade inventory isn't there.

Since both DSUs will expire anyway, wondering if I can use them on either reservation to upgrade to the next level of suite. I realize this is outside the standard benefits of the program, just wondering if others here have tried this successfully, and if so, did they attempt ahead of the stay with the property manager, or on check-in?
Old Dec 27, 2016, 10:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

DSU's have no value for the property.... so it would be a good will gesture from the property. Some will but most won't...
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ajc1970
I have 2 expiring (Jan 31) DSUs and one 4-day stay booked at a Grand Hyatt in January.

That stay is booked in the entry level suite already. I have a separate reservation in a standard king room, but can't apply a DSU (even though the website shows the entry-level suite still available, and even at a reasonable price), they're saying the upgrade inventory isn't there.

Since both DSUs will expire anyway, wondering if I can use them on either reservation to upgrade to the next level of suite. I realize this is outside the standard benefits of the program, just wondering if others here have tried this successfully, and if so, did they attempt ahead of the stay with the property manager, or on check-in?
DSUS expire on Feb 28th not Jan 31st. Also the entry level suite may not be the suite type that DSUs at that hotel book into. Sometimes hotels use a higher level suite. There is a thread on here with a list of DSU suites at different hotels. If it does match, try requesting on Twitter. Some people have more luck on there than over the phone.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:38 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, United Silver, AA Gold
@cdancer20 You can always pre-emptively book refundable rates (points or otherwise) and apply the DSUs if you are going to lose them on 2/28 anyway.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by VanCityConsultant
@cdancer20 You can always pre-emptively book refundable rates (points or otherwise) and apply the DSUs if you are going to lose them on 2/28 anyway.
I didn't ask any questions.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:56 pm

I just had a fantastic stay at the Grand Hyatt Manchester, but want to make sure I'm getting the right points. I booked 2 rooms for 3 nights each, one using a DSU for a great suite, and the other in a regular room. I did get the points for both rooms, but only got 3 nights credit (rather 6), and I also only got the 1000 bonus for one of the rooms. I think from some quick reading that all of that is correct, but if I'm supposed to be getting the extra bonus points or the extra night credits, I might ask for them. (Although I might feel guilty pressing my luck -- our suite upgrade was truly above and beyond!)
Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You got exactly what you should.... no stay credit for a second room.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
You got exactly what you should.... no stay credit for a second room.
Thought so, but wanted to check with the experts -- thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: aa, spg
Hi all, sorry if this is a very basic question, searched and couldn't find an answer. My Hyatt status expires on Feb 28th, what happens if I check into my stay on the 28th?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by zilberbrand
Hi all, sorry if this is a very basic question, searched and couldn't find an answer. My Hyatt status expires on Feb 28th, what happens if I check into my stay on the 28th?
On the 28th, you will be seen in the system as still with status. I'm not sure though how it will handle the other night, such as if you are a Diamond and get free breakfast after the 1st. When do you check out?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: hyatt diamond
I had same problem booking a room on feb 28tg. I was on hold with Hyatt for 30 minutes, and they finally came back and said I can't use a dsu from this year because they expire on the 28th, and I don't get new dsu's until March 1st. So dsu's are impossible if checking in on the 28th. Very strange.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.