Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:59 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
sorry- have to say it
there goes our status dilution again
for those of us who have maintained diamond for years and years-
what a joke this is.

can you imagine trying to actually use suite upgrades with every person and their dog who is a member wanting suites
Given what is required under this promotion to get/retain Diamond and the multiple years of economic malaise in Hyatt's largest market -- namely, the US -- and many other markets, I don't see this really making much (if any) dent in my ability to get suites booked using the 4 confirmed Diamond suite upgrades. I might end up being wrong about this, but for now it's not something that I see as taking much -- if anything -- away from me.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 4:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
There is also no proof that it does Not dilute our benefits.

and what makes you such an authority on what we should or should not know.
ditto to that

if I lose just one upgrade or similar to a freebie then I consider it a loss.. this is nothing I'll ever know but otoh the poster who was saying that there isn't any evidence to dilution doesn't have any facts to support that claim either
Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:59 am

Programs: AA EXP,CO Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwoods Gold
A question regarding this promotion

Hi Everyone

I'm a LONG time lurker and before I ask my question, I want to thank all of the Flyertalk community for all you've done to make my leisure travel so much more enjoyable. Without Flyertalk, I doubt I'd have any status in any program. So thanks to you all!!

My question has to do with the this Instant Platinum status offer. I'm a Gold and have been for 10 years or so. I called yesterday to register for the 180 day trial offer. My understanding is that I would enjoy Platinum status for that period. Yet when I logged in to my account today, it still shows my status is Gold. Should I be concerned? How will any Hyatt I stay at in the 180 days know I am Platinum? Do they see something on my record that is not visible to the general public? I have a five night stay at a Hyatt Resort next month and am particularly concerned that i have the internet access that Platinum status offers.

Thanks again!!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 6:00 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
ditto to that

if I lose just one upgrade or similar to a freebie then I consider it a loss.. this is nothing I'll ever know but otoh the poster who was saying that there isn't any evidence to dilution doesn't have any facts to support that claim either
My last 2 Diamond suite upgrade requests have been denied due to no availability. Loss? maybe, maybe not. Dilution? yes in my opinion. Since I already have my 15 stays / nights for this year, this makes it easy for me to redirect my business and requalify Hilton Diamond.

Bad business move Hyatt.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by LetsPlayTwo
Hi Everyone

I'm a LONG time lurker and before I ask my question, I want to thank all of the Flyertalk community for all you've done to make my leisure travel so much more enjoyable. Without Flyertalk, I doubt I'd have any status in any program. So thanks to you all!!

My question has to do with the this Instant Platinum status offer. I'm a Gold and have been for 10 years or so. I called yesterday to register for the 180 day trial offer. My understanding is that I would enjoy Platinum status for that period. Yet when I logged in to my account today, it still shows my status is Gold. Should I be concerned? How will any Hyatt I stay at in the 180 days know I am Platinum? Do they see something on my record that is not visible to the general public? I have a five night stay at a Hyatt Resort next month and am particularly concerned that i have the internet access that Platinum status offers.

Thanks again!!

Just wait a while, it will show up in your profile. You can call GP to certify that your new status will be visible for the hotel as I assume that your new card will not arrive before your stay.

Chris
Old Feb 23, 2010, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
My last 2 Diamond suite upgrade requests have been denied due to no availability. Loss? maybe, maybe not. Dilution? yes in my opinion. Since I already have my 15 stays / nights for this year, this makes it easy for me to redirect my business and requalify Hilton Diamond.

Bad business move Hyatt.
From my understanding in this thread you will need your standard 25 stays/50 nights to requalify as Diamond or am I wrong?

And: the nights have to happen after you subscribed to this promo which should not work for Diamonds (from my understanding).
Old Feb 23, 2010, 6:42 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Just called the US number to enrol. Agent had no idea what I was talking about. Put me on hold, spoke to customer service and then she told me "I had to register online." I informed her the current members had to call customer service and was hung up on.

Is there an offer code one can quote? Diamond fast track" and "enjoy elite membership" yielded no response.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by huskergreg
I'm already Diamond through Feb 2011. I just got back from 14 nights at Hyatts in Hawaii. If I register now will those count towards the minimum of 15 nights I need to make me Diamond through Feb 2012?
Last year, they allowed you to backdate the promo to the first of the month, thereby capturing nights for the entire month. It wouldn't hurt to call and ask, especially since the promo terms indicate it was effective in November.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by ckone501
From my understanding in this thread you will need your standard 25 stays/50 nights to requalify as Diamond or am I wrong?

And: the nights have to happen after you subscribed to this promo which should not work for Diamonds (from my understanding).
I will use this promo as qualification through Feb. 2011. Stay at Hiltons from now on until FFN promo to easily gather my additional stays needed for Diamond through Feb. 2012. Hilton has their own FFN promo going right now. I am still learning how to play this game.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 7:28 am

TPL09?

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Just called the US number to enrol. Agent had no idea what I was talking about. Put me on hold, spoke to customer service and then she told me "I had to register online." I informed her the current members had to call customer service and was hung up on.

Is there an offer code one can quote? Diamond fast track" and "enjoy elite membership" yielded no response.
The URL for this offer includes the code "TPL09." Perhaps that is the offer code, or may at least help the agent find the promo?
Old Feb 23, 2010, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by ckone501

Just called Diamond line and was rudely told the enrollment date for TPL09 cannot be backdated. So previous stays will not qualify, meaning I need 10 stays of my 15 already earned to retain Diamond the "official" way, which is less than the 15 required for this promo......nice going Hyatt.

Even more reason for me take advantage of the Hilton promo right now.....
Old Feb 23, 2010, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref

Bad business move Hyatt.
I'm 0 for 3 in my last three.. two in jan; one in Feb
Old Feb 23, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I'm currently at 12 stays/8 nights with the double stays for January. I typically do one night stays. If they aren't going to backtrack any of my existing stays, I'm not sure I gain anything from this promo. It's no big loss for me. I'm still happy they had the double stay promo for January. It gave me a big leg up for the year.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 8:41 am

Bad business move Hyatt.
Just called Diamond line and was rudely told the enrollment date for TPL09 cannot be backdated. So previous stays will not qualify, meaning I need 10 stays of my 15 already earned to retain Diamond the "official" way, which is less than the 15 required for this promo......nice going Hyatt.

Even more reason for me take advantage of the Hilton promo right now.....
I am still learning how to play this game.
I'm not sure whether you are more concerned about dilution of the Diamond status, or about getting your own CZ. I view Hyatt's promotions over the past 6 months or so as very generous and providing us a variety of ways to earn both free nights and status. If you want to "play the game," you could have made those 15 stays in January to give you 7 FFNs and Diamond through 2/2012. Since, it appears you didn't, you have new options. You can play Hilton's game of 4 stays get one night free until 3/31 while waiting for Hyatt's next free night promotion. Then you can use those remaining 10 stays needed for Diamond through 2/2012 to earn 5 FFNs.

I don't think I'd be in such a rush to sign up for this fast track promotion. I would wait until 7/1 (or whenever they start a new FFN promotion, if sooner) to maximize the possibility of FFNs during the 180 day qualifying period.

Every time you play a game, you make choices. Those choices will affect the outcome. I wouldn't focus on what other people may be getting, but whether I am happy with the results yielded by my own choices.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 8:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
This may seem a bit farsighted for some, but I'm currently happily enjoying SPG Plat and don't intend to switch to Hyatt immediately.

These are specified in the T&C:

Qualify for Diamond under this promotion in 2009 = Diamond through Feb 2011
Qualify for Diamond under this promotion in 2010 = Diamond through Feb 2012

Following that logic...

Qualify for Diamond under this promotion in 2011 = Diamond through Feb 2013???

Registration for the promotion is open through December 2010, so if you register in December 2010, your 180 days goes through May 2011. If you complete the 15 nights in May 2011, do you still only get status for 2011, do you get it through 2012 (Feb 2013)?

This is probably a question for somebody from Hyatt. Karen?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.