Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2010, 6:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Oh, I'm so sorry. It was meant to say "I'm now a Platinum with 12 stays" !

Which, of course, makes more sense.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by peachy3
Oh, I'm so sorry. It was meant to say "I'm now a Platinum with 12 stays" !

Which, of course, makes more sense.
yes it does. thanks.

-David
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:23 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
Has anyone had any delay with the change of status ? I called on Saturday but am still a Gold member...
Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by ctroadwarrior
Ditto for me. I'm not sure we have the whole story here. What I do know is that I spent a boatload of $$ with Hyatt in 2009 all the way through Feb 2010 so even though my stays/nights didn't add up to Diamond qualification through the normal process I am betting that my spend was enough to qualify for the Diamond trial. Just a guess, but I'm glad I got it.
Wow, I'm currently a Platinum with tier expiration in 2011, and I called to see if I could register and maintain Platinum status with just 5 nights. The customer rep said that since I'm already Platinum he would enroll me in the Diamond trial and granted me instant Diamond status. Then I decided the check my activity detail, and the only activity I had in 2009 was an award stay, and in 2010 so far I've only stayed for 2 nights. 3 years ago I was Diamond but only through a status match, so I suspect already that my current Platinum status is already out of courtesy.

Originally Posted by mux41
I recently signed up for the GP plat trial and will have first 5 nights within the next two weeks. So, after 5 nights, I think I will secure Plat status till Feb 2012 and so that I will offcially be a Plat.
My question is if I call in after 5 nights to ask for a diamond trial, will they grant me the diamond trial? If they grant me the diamond trial, should the 180 days and 15 nights be reset from the date I request diamond trial?
So, maybe it is possible that once you hit Platinum, you can then ask to go for the Diamond trial. What a very generous promotion.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Called today, was offered Plat which isn't too useful as I'll qualify for Plat on points this weekend. However the 15 night Diamond challenge is one of the few challenges that might work for me
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:39 pm

Hmm, I might be the last one receiving the Diamond status from last year's Platinum trial. I had 17 nights by mid Dec 2009. But somehow the status was not updated till last month when I made a query. Well, I myself also forgot. Anyway, I am happy to keep the tier till 2012.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:38 am

Programs: KF Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, PC Gold Ambassador
existing platinum, still platinum and put on diamond fast-track
Old Mar 22, 2010, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
another newbie question

OK, I had absolutely no status with Hyatt but I saw this promotion while checking out Hyatt based on the comparison thread on the SPG forum. I got so excited I signed up for trial plat status right away because it seemed like a great deal (and it is). For a variety of reasons I will not have my first stay until June but the more I think about it, the more I think I can do 15 nights (for Diamond) between June and November. But not between March when I signed up and August (when the 180 days for trial plat expires).

So here is my question. Is there any way to "undo" this trial promo or postpone the start date? Or is the only solution to close this account and try to sign up again in a few months (assuming the promo is still valid)? Any suggestions besides "read the T&Cs more carefully next time!"?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 6:25 pm

Programs: HH Dia, WOH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plt
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
So here is my question. Is there any way to "undo" this trial promo or postpone the start date? Or is the only solution to close this account and try to sign up again in a few months (assuming the promo is still valid)? Any suggestions besides "read the T&Cs more carefully next time!"?
I just got off the phone with Hyatt GP Customer Service and according to the gentleman I spoke with, *in general* he has "disenrolled" folks from promotions in the past so that they could sign up later. I'd call up and ask if I were you... just be careful that the promotion doesn't slip away while you are waiting.

I have done this with United Airlines' Elite Choice promo in the past and the CS rep was a bit confused at first, but figured it out quickly. ("But why would you disenroll only to sign up later?")

I signed up for the diamond fasttrack promo today and they said that I had from 1 Mar through 31 Aug to complete my 15 days. So maybe it is best to sign up at the first part of a given month. (apologies if this was already discussed in this thread).
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
If I have Platinum status courtesy of the Continental presidential plus mastercard, can I sign up for the instant Diamond status and then stay 15 nights to qualify for diamond until 2012?

I have no "real" stays at Hyatt to date. I am Platinum simply via the PPMC.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
I'm currently SPG Platinum but considering a status match to Hyatt Diamond... I've actually never stayed at a Hyatt before, so this could be an adventure

In my ideal world, I would get matched to Diamond through Feb 2011, receive the 4 confirmed upgrades, sign up for this Fasttrack offer, stay 15 nights (combine with BWB), and qualify for Diamond through Feb 2012.

I know this is not the status match thread, so while I'm wondering whether I'll get the upgrades this year, you don't have to answer

My question is: What is the story with existing Diamonds signing up for Fasttrack? I read the whole thread, and in the beginning some people were able to sign up, somebody said they got confirmation from Karen, but later on in the thread people were saying that current Diamonds were not allowed to sign up.

Alternately, if current Diamonds cannot stay 15 nights in 2010 to qualify through Feb 2012, I wonder if I can sign up for Fasttrack as a non-elite, grab the instant Platinum, *then* status-match to Diamond... And see if the Fasttrack promo still allows me to qualify for Diamond through Feb 2012 with 15 nights in 2010.

Any advice?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Brituchenite
If I have Platinum status courtesy of the Continental presidential plus mastercard, can I sign up for the instant Diamond status and then stay 15 nights to qualify for diamond until 2012?
The instant diamond status thing is a status matching program. You need top tier status from a competing program (SPG, HHonors or Marriott, not sure about IC) and then you need to mail in the statements showing that you attained that status. I think it's all detailed in a previous post I made in this thread.

-David
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by Alumino
I just got off the phone with Hyatt GP Customer Service and according to the gentleman I spoke with, *in general* he has "disenrolled" folks from promotions in the past so that they could sign up later. I'd call up and ask if I were you... just be careful that the promotion doesn't slip away while you are waiting.

snip...
Thanks for the answer/suggestion.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:06 am

Programs: VS/bmi Gold, CX Diamond, SPG/Radisson/Sirius Gold, PC/A|Club Plat, GHA Black, Hilton Diamond +++
I was Platinum and I called Hyatt yesterday and said that I wanted to enrol in the Diamond trial promo. Within 2 minutes, the lady upgrdaded me to Diamond and said I must stay 15 nights within 180 days in order to maintain Diamond status until 2012 ^

My status would be updated on my account within 48 hours.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Flux
I was Platinum and I called Hyatt yesterday and said that I wanted to enrol in the Diamond trial promo. Within 2 minutes, the lady upgrdaded me to Diamond and said I must stay 15 nights within 180 days in order to maintain Diamond status until 2012 ^

My status would be updated on my account within 48 hours.
Post again when your status is updated, if, in fact, you are saying you don't have top tier status in another program and/or you weren't required to send in proof of that top tier status in a competing program.

DMTRIAL09 is a status matching promo. See post #144.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.