Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Jeddah REVIEW -MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB

Haven't seen anything on this new property, so sharing a few impressions of my recent stay:

- Very nice and stylish brandnew waterfront property, around 140 or so rooms. Interior in white/sand colours, rooms very bright, sliding door bedroom/bathroom.

- Most rooms have at least partial sea view, very few rooms are city side.

- Hotel is still in soft opening mode.

- Decent food in restaurant, mainstream food with some orient touches, appetizer platter, mixed seafood, juice and water for 70 EUR. Very good breakfast selection.

- Airport transfer is per limousine, around 40 EUR, 40min.

Two disappointments:

- Spa and all pools (there will be one each indoor and outdoor) are not open yet. This does not read clearly on the website and was a real bummer. There is a micro fitness facility - 3 machines in a deactivated suite.

- Diamond recognition not there...breakfast and internet OK, but no upgrade, and no amenity.

Can't compare with other JED properties, but will be happy to answer any questions...
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:12 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Park Hyatt Jeddah praised for innovative design by ...

someone shares your opinion:

http://www.ameinfo.com/218061.html
Old Feb 26, 2010, 1:43 am

Programs: *A
have recently been there, here is an update on the situation:

-most Male leisure facilities open now, i.e. big indoor pool with bar, outdoor whirlpool, large state of the art gym and massages available.

-Still to open: Hammam (Oriental steam room), therapeutic pool and all Female areas (in different area, obviously)

-airport transfers are with BMW 7 or Audi 8A, both long versions. Lincoln on request and cheaper.

-was also happy with F&B quality (esp. breakfast) - now they also have a very nice starter buffet in the evening

-great outdoor lounge area, directly opposite the world's tallest fountain. seems very popular with Jeddah residents - great for Shisha. Minimum charge waived for hotel guests.

also happy to answer further questions...
Old Mar 10, 2010, 7:11 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Naive question, but the last time I was in JED was 11 years ago when I was 17. Are there areas, and is it acceptable, where you can lay in the sun and sunbake? Or is this frowned upon and only acceptable in the leisure facilities?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 1:50 am

Programs: *A
while i am not sure about the cultural conventions, my feeling tells me you can't do that.

However, the area around the Male Jacuzzi is somewhat guarded by trees and there are sunbeds -- so, it should be fine. there also is a balcony outside the gym, where is saw a guy work on his skin cancer...
Old Apr 7, 2010, 8:26 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC

Park Hyatt Jeddah - Marina, Club and Spa

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Al Hamra District, Southern Corniche PO Box 5863 Jeddah, SA

Park Hyatt Jeddah - Marina, Club and Spa (0 Photo)

The Park Hyatt Jeddah is a stunning hotel. After waiting 30 gruelling mins for baggage to arrive at JED, were met by the driver in the hotel's BMW 7 series who promptly offered us cold towels as respite from the 36 degree heat and cold bottles of water. He even put the sunshades in the back windows up to shield us from the glare. This set the tone for our arrival.

Diamond recognition certainly exists now. He announced our arrival to the duty manager who welcomed us, performed our check-in and spent a good 20 mins answering our questions. Travel companion mentioned they wanted to get their hair done and perhaps take a yacht tomorrow, and we were called after arriving in our room to have both of those requests actioned.

Used points to upgrade to a Park Suite which is huge. Expansive living area, with a separate bedroom, amazing ensuite bathroom with glass basins which have to be seen to be believed, a bath and shower and the room has a second bathroom. Gorgeous views of the Red sea and the room even has a premium Nespresso coffee maker. The room has several vases of fresh flowers, several plates of fresh dates, a bowel of fresh fruit and bottles and bottles of fresh mineral water. The rooms have a very contemporary feel with off white tiled floors meeting dark brown, almost black wooden furniture and glass throughout.

Although in soft opening mode, it appears to be in line with the Park Hyatt brand and service. Though it was strange being the only person using the male only leisure facility. I believe the female facility is open but the men's still has yet to open the steam room etc.

Overall a beautiful hotel with service to rival other Park Hyatts. Will definitely return.

Would you like to write a review on the Park Hyatt Jeddah - Marina, Club and Spa?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:58 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

New video of the property on Hyatt's youtube http://youtu.be/POR9t6_hQl0
Old Feb 15, 2020, 10:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent stays? How compare with LC Asila or Ritz? Good area to be based for walking as tourists?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 1:38 pm

Anyone stay here recently? Any thoughts comparing it to the Hyatt House Jeddah. Obviously, a different level of service but I’m wondering about the difference of location.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 12:00 pm

Anyone been here recently? Looking to do a tour through several middle eastern countries this winter and i am curious to how this Park Hyatt compares to the ones in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 9:05 pm

Any recent stays? My trip above was cancelled because of covid. Now that China is open again, was thinking of taking my family to Saudi. Is this a good place to spend a week and learn about Saudi Arabia?

We aren't Muslim so I don't think we can go to Mecca.

Is Riad worth visiting? Elsewhere in Saudi? Or should we do Jeddah and another country ? I'm not too familiar w the region

Also, is it good for my wife to go? It seems the pools are divided between male and female.

Thanks for any advice

Last edited by SHLTP; Oct 7, 2023 at 3:17 am
Old Dec 11, 2023, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
The hotel appears to no longer be bookable past April 2024... has anyone seen any news of a remodel or other reasoming?
Old Dec 11, 2023, 11:23 am

I'm going in a few weeks and see if I can find out
Old Dec 26, 2023, 7:27 am

I'm here now. Hotel said a huge group booked whole hotel for April which is why it's not bookable - they aren't leaving Hyatt and are not doing renovation.

I just arrived. Used a TSU and they incredibly kindly upgraded us to a Prince Suite. Large with beautiful views over the water. Really nice. A little old and probably will need a renovation soon but we are happy

And service is just awesome. They knew all our preferences, from air purifier to extra water. This so far is one of those stays that make one love Hyatt
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 4:40 am

Leaving on NY day (want to get 6 nights towards globalist requalification) but thought I'd share some more thoughts:

1) basically, this hotel has 3 major clients, one of whom books out the whole property for 6-7 months every year. That makes it difficult for regular guests like us to book

2) but that means the prince suite they kindly upgraded me to should indeed actually be calling Prince Suite😜

3) it also means prices are high year round as the hotel wants to maintain a high price point for the 3 clients who end up booking hotel for 7-9 months a year

4) the hotel has exceptional service but needs a renovation. There are plans to do so but it's hard when the hotel is prebooked like this so often. While service is great and I am thankful at how nice they are (prince suite and 6 pm late checkout) this really isn't up to PH standards hardware wise.

5) because there are few regular guests/ repeat aside from the big 3, the hotel is quite quiet and empty. It's kind of weird.

​​​​​​I'd definitely stay here again. But I hope they can renovate sooner than later and make the place magical - best location in Jeddah. I'm loyal to Hyatt so will stay here but the LC Assila is awesome too. If cheaper, I'll take it

EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.