Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
As a Diamond, we were given a corner room, but not a suite. Was nice and had a decent view. I booked the cheapest room I could find.
Old May 25, 2011, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm only a plat but was given a harbor view in the 19th floor.

My biggest complaint is the non-existent gym facilities for such a new hotel!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 5:11 am

Programs: oneWorld Sapphire, Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Fairmont Permier
3 night stay in April 2011

Recently did a 3 night stay at this property (from Apr 25). I haven't stayed at Hyatt properties in a while, hence I didn't have status going into this stay.

Arrival via taxi from Kowloon Station to the hotel. The driveway is under the building, the doorman and bellboy greeted me and took my bag. I was given a city view room on the 20th floor. Only hiccup was that my bag was taking forever to show up and I had to shower and be out the door, so I had to call them asking they hurry up.

Room was nice - a little on the small side but sufficient. The leather bench/window sill is a nice touch, the TV is large consider the room size. Shower was like the rain showers found in more upscale hotels. The sliding door between bathroom sink and bedroom and a closet that opens into the bathroom and the hallway are both nice touches.

The location is excellent - I honestly don't know why so many people insist on staying in HK only when this hotel is literally a 5-7 minute subway ride to Central or Admiralty. I wish the K11 mall and the immediate area around the hotel had some nicer restaurants, it seems they do (slow) upscale or (unclean) downmarket very well but few options in the middle that are both good and quick.

Last edited by sdateUnited; Jun 15, 2011 at 10:48 am
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Upgraded to very nice Regency suite on recent 1 night stay. However, no DIA amenity provided.

There is a good gym on the 10th floor, but no changing/shower facilities.

Overall a nice hotel and a good stay.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by antonius66
For someone who has never been to HK, can anyone give me specifics on how to get to the hotel from the airport?

Estimated cost of a taxi?

I see online that there is the airport express but it does not go all the way to TST, so would one need to take it to HK and switch to the red MTR line to TST?

Any other ways to get there, and cost?

Thanks.
From Kowloon Airport Express Station there are free shuttle buses to various hotels (K3 for Hyatt) though last bus is at 11:10p, coinciding with the departure of the 10:40p train from HKG. IIRC these buses run every 20-minutes and also do pick-ups on this schedule. Drop off/pick up is in the underground parking area.

Another hint: was searching in vain for the kettle/coffee-tea making items but finally found them in a drawer hiding behind the mini-bottles of booze!

Booked basic king room at 1750HK$ and was upgraded to Club room on the 18th floor, harbour view. Compact room but fine for my needs this trip. Full bath and shower.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Shareholder
From Kowloon Airport Express Station there are free shuttle buses to various hotels (K3 for Hyatt) though last bus is at 11:10p, coinciding with the departure of the 10:40p train from HKG. IIRC these buses run every 20-minutes and also do pick-ups on this schedule. Drop off/pick up is in the underground parking area.
The free shuttle buses leave every 12 minutes from the train station, it is well coordinated with the train schedule that you will only wait about 2-3 minutes before they start boarding the bus.

For the hotel pick-ups, it is somewhat longer especially if the traffic is bad, but should not be more than a 20-min wait.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Hello. I thought somewhere in this thread we had the address/name for the Hotel written in Chinese to give taxi drivers. Can someone please provide that again? Thanks.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Hello. I thought somewhere in this thread we had the address/name for the Hotel written in Chinese to give taxi drivers. Can someone please provide that again? Thanks.
Actually good forethought by the hotel... taxi card is on the website:
http://www.hongkong.tsimshatsui.hyat...maps/index.jsp
Old Jul 8, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you. Smart.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:16 am

Hello-
Thinking of staying here over New Years - does anyone have any preference between here (Club room, perhaps suite) vs. basic room at Intercontinental, no club access? I'd use points at both hotels, but the stupid Priority Club program doesn't allow upgrades, etc. with more points. Thanks
Old Jul 11, 2011, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by mkc13
Hello-
Thinking of staying here over New Years - does anyone have any preference between here (Club room, perhaps suite) vs. basic room at Intercontinental, no club access? I'd use points at both hotels, but the stupid Priority Club program doesn't allow upgrades, etc. with more points. Thanks
I havent stayed at the IC, but for me, I would stay here as the club lounge is pretty decent.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by mkc13
Hello-
I truly enjoyed my club room here. The desserts in the evening were a special treat, although, if memory serves, they were gone by 7 PM. Breakfast was underwhelming, though not bad.

One other thing that may sway your opinion: the concierge service in the lounge was excellent. If you believe you will need assistance with transportation, bus routes, dinner reservations, etc., you will find the club staff to be a wonderful resource.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA and HH
When we checked in the agent told us we had been upgraded into a very nice room. The room was a lot smaller than expected but we were only there 1 night so it wasn't bad. The view's were great. Note the lounge is on the 23rd floor and this room was right above the lounge with a harbor view.

Old Aug 3, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
Has anyone been able to use their points for a free night at this hotel. Everytime I search I only see availability for the GH and not the HR.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 10:21 am

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by FOX85
Has anyone been able to use their points for a free night at this hotel. Everytime I search I only see availability for the GH and not the HR.
Sure. I did 3 nights on points back on February. Of course it was a slow period for the hotel (no more than 5 people at any one time in the club lounge).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.