Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2016, 4:55 pm

Hi,

I want to check if I booked a room with C+P (DSU), can my friend check in first? We will arrive with different flights. I will arrive much later that evening and her flight arrive earlier that day.

Do I need to be present at the check-in? How flexible are the staff at this hotel check in the guest without the primary guest? Can I put her name on the reservation?

does this hotel charge extra for roll away bed with C+P (DSU) booking?

Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2016, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by apple1122
Hi,

I want to check if I booked a room with C+P (DSU), can my friend check in first? We will arrive with different flights. I will arrive much later that evening and her flight arrive earlier that day.

Do I need to be present at the check-in? How flexible are the staff at this hotel check in the guest without the primary guest? Can I put her name on the reservation?

does this hotel charge extra for roll away bed with C+P (DSU) booking?

Thanks
I was told that they waive the roll away bed fees for diamonds.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 1:05 am

Programs: EB*D, Hilton Diamond, Carlson Gold Elite, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ckpeter
I was told that they waive the roll away bed fees for diamonds.
When I pre-booked a rollaway bed and confirmed 3 persons they did not charge for the extra bed, but for the extra person and changed the price. So you do pay anyways.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
I'll be returning to the HR-TST in November for a short stay. My first night I'm scheduled to arrive fairly late (flight lands about 9 PM) and I've applied the Hyatt credit card free night certificate for a regular king room. My next 3 nights are booked in a Club King room on points.

This year I've dropped to Platinum status, so I can't fall back on a Diamond upgrade. When I get to HKG I will have been traveling for several days. I also am dealing with some medical issues that contribute to fatigue, and I would prefer to not have pack up and move from one room to another after just one night.

What do you think are the odds that I may be able to be checked into a Club room for my first night (on the certificate)? Is the Club level typically full?
Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:53 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
What do you think are the odds that I may be able to be checked into a Club room for my first night (on the certificate)? Is the Club level typically full?
There's no appreciable difference between club rooms and standard rooms (apart from the view -- better on higher floors), and I'm sure they'd let you stay in your room and just add club access for the applicable nights.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
There's no appreciable difference between club rooms and standard rooms (apart from the view -- better on higher floors), and I'm sure they'd let you stay in your room and just add club access for the applicable nights.
+1. They have done this for me in June/July his year
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:49 am

Hi

So we have two adults and one 3 yr old toddler. Does the toddler count as an extra person if we request a roll away bed? We are Hyatt Diamond.

thanks.

Originally Posted by Insomnia4u
When I pre-booked a rollaway bed and confirmed 3 persons they did not charge for the extra bed, but for the extra person and changed the price. So you do pay anyways.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 10:29 am
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
I'm staying at this property tonight. Booked two rooms, one cash and points, the other on my Hyatt anniversary night award. Two adults in one room, one in the other. At check-in they told me both rooms were upgraded to suites. Great! Next they told me we'd have to pay the extra 220 HKD fee for the third person to access the regency club. Is that right?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist and others via Amex Plat
Roaming Ryan - yes, I believe what they are quoting you is consistent.

I've stayed at Hyatt TST a few times, and I'm pretty sure on the welcome letter you receive it makes mention of this.
I think this may be the same at other Hyatt's in Asia - seem to recall similar policy at GH Singapore. (And also other non Hyatt's with lounges in Asia over the years).
Old Dec 18, 2016, 12:35 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Need advice for upcoming stay as Diamond. Two nights, C&P. Emailed front desk to request harbor view room; got reply of "we'll do what we can". Currently debating if I should apply DSU, as I have 3 DSUs that will go to waste. Ultimate goal is to get a harbor view room, second choice being the harbor view suite (one level higher than DSU suite). Does Hyatt ever let you have a confirmed downgrade- e.g. book DSU suite, confirm to harbor view room? If not, then DSU may do more harm than help.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 2:05 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Email the hotel. They will be flexible.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Email the hotel. They will be flexible.
OP already did....
Old Dec 18, 2016, 4:45 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I guess I'm wondering which option will maximize the likelihood of getting a harbor view room - 1) keep current standard room reservation and hope they upgrade me based on my email and/or Diamond status, or 2) book into a suite and have them downgrade me, preferably confirmed in advance. I guess I can always remove the DSU and make it go back to the regular room if they cannot confirm the downgrade in advance - is that right?

If apply DSU, do I have the order of preference right for the best view/spaciousness combination?

1. xx08 or xx23 corner room
2. Grand Suite Harbor View
3. any other harbor view room
Old Dec 18, 2016, 6:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The only one that can help you is the hotel itself. They determine room allocation...

And since view rooms are most likely to be in more demand than suites and DSU's don't get the hotel any revenue it's upto them to quote you the options or upcharges.

I doubt they will confirm anything in advance without additional payment.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by italdesign
I guess I'm wondering which option will maximize the likelihood of getting a harbor view room
It's totally up to the property and much depends on how they're booked your nights.

They will give Diamonds a harbour view room if there's one available (though in my recent experience you may have to insist at check-in when they try to palm off a city view club room).

The least likely outcome is a harbour view regency suite. There aren't many of those. (Though they did give me one on my first stay ever here. The view is not as good in the suites as in the rooms.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.