Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yeah... other guests, a major pain sometimes. But that's hardly limited to one property.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:32 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
This is the second best Hyatt in HK, so you get the second best experience.
Have you ever stayed out in Sha Tin? Maybe not a good location if you have business on Hong Kong Island, but they've taken very good care of me out there on three stays now. I had guests with me last trip that just loved the place. Only disappointment was that rain cancelled my hike up to the Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery my last stay in August. Still trying to get more familiar with what's out in that area.

Tom in Lisbon
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by tom911
Have you ever stayed out in Sha Tin? Maybe not a good location if you have business on Hong Kong Island, but they've taken very good care of me out there on three stays now. I had guests with me last trip that just loved the place. Only disappointment was that rain cancelled my hike up to the Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery my last stay in August. Still trying to get more familiar with what's out in that area.

Tom in Lisbon
Actually, the surroundings are very nice out there, IMO. Not spectacular, compared to many places you have been, but a nice contrast to the bustle and urbanity that you momentarily leave. But that's what it's all about, after all.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
So it's okay to give guests smoking rooms when they've requested nonsmoking or have children running around in the lounge at breakfast like it's a playground? I don't understand this logic at all.

I like this property, especially the Kowloon location, but dsquared37 has put his finger on a couple of key issues.
I haven't had to ask for this in a long while, but is there still the policy of giving points as compensation for a wrong room assignment? Open question, not just to you, Kacee.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

They have just eliminated the bed-type guarantee, so highly unlikely you will receive any compensation.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:04 pm

Thanks for the update as I lazily wasn't paying attention.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Thanks and we will. Not going to let this absorb any of our time.

There are a lot of kids here!!! Breakfast was a circus and one family seemed fully unconcerned that their kid threw more food on the floor than a normal person would eat.
One nice thing is its multiple sections/spaces. Though there isn't an adults-only one. But I focused on the spectacular view through the grand windows. It really is one of the nicest lounge views in the system, IMO, especially at 8 pm. And a nice relief if one is assigned a low or city view room.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:33 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

So it's okay to give guests smoking rooms when they've requested nonsmoking or have children running around in the lounge at breakfast like it's a playground? I don't understand this logic at all.

I like this property, especially the Kowloon location, but dsquared37 has put his finger on a couple of key issues.
No, of course it isn't OK. I would view that as wrong at even the second best Hyatt in HK -- it's still a HR.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by tom911

Tom in Lisbon
I stayed up in Sha Tin a few months back and rather liked it as well. At that time my stay was just a night so there wasn't time to check out the area but I'd like to head back at some point soon.

As for this stay: we got a followup call the next afternoon and were given a higher floor room which, while still facing into Kowloon, at least had a bit more sky in the view. The lounge staff is very nice. And Monday morning there were no children at breakfast.

I'm still not thrilled about the smoking/non-smoking switcharoo but it had little bearing on the overall stay. And the location is great with easy access to the MTR and ferries with the ability to avoid almost all annoying tailor/watch hawkers (which are the bane of the Kowloon existence).
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, CC Gold, IHG Platinum
Review

I wrote a short review of Hyatt Regency TST for a one night stay on January 6th, 2015. Some breakfast and suite pictures for anyone interested.

Hyatt Regency TST review

Last edited by MilesRemaining; Jan 19, 2015 at 10:05 am Reason: Link
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just finished two night stay. Tried the breakfast in the restaurant one morning just to see what it's like. I wouldn't rank it that high on my list of Asian breakfast buffets (in fact, I think it goes at the bottom). Not a particularly varied selection, nor was the quality - except for the pastries - all that impressive. So I would stick with the lounge, underwhelming though that breakfast is.

Overall, I really like this property. The number and variety of outstanding food options in the immediate vicinity is absolutely staggering. There's a french patisserie, Passion by Gerard Dubois just a block away, with the best pain au chocolat I've had outside Paris.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:36 pm

Overall, I really like this property. The number and variety of outstanding food options in the immediate vicinity is absolutely staggering. There's a french patisserie, Passion by Gerard Dubois just a block away, with the best pain au chocolat I've had outside Paris.

A few Asian places, as well.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Firewind
A few Asian places, as well.
Yes, a handful

I'm less qualified to opine on those though.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
How'd you like the internet speed?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
How'd you like the internet speed?
It was fine. Better than last stay. I didn't speedtest but was able to stream video. If you have problems, tether the free smartphone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.