Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

All suites at this property come with club access.....
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EP SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond IHG Plat Avis 1st Hertz 5* National Exec
Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Just been reading through this thread and wanted to make sure I understand correctly that with booking the DSU upgrade we automatically have access to the club lounge or is that just at the discretion of the agent checking-in?
If you are using DSU's, aren't you a diamond with club access anyways?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA EP SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond IHG Plat Avis 1st Hertz 5* National Exec
Booked a room in early January with P+C and DSUs, looks like they booked me in a city view room. Not a huge deal as long as the view from the lounge is very good as I probably would spend more waking hours in the lounge than in the room, what do you guys think?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:40 pm

The City view "Regency Suite" is the standard DSU suite. I have so far not managed to get the Harbour View Regency Suite.

As you correctly point out, the view from the lounge is very nice particularly due to the double floor ceiling-height windows.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights a few days ago and I received a standard Harbour View Room (not suite) a couple of floors below the lounge.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 1:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by venkol
Booked a room in early January with P+C and DSUs, looks like they booked me in a city view room.
That doesn't mean anything this far out.

Although as noted by others, the standard DSU is to a city view Regency Suite. I did get the harbour view on a DSU earlier this year. It's not really the true harbour view, as the Regency Suites are on the ends of the building. But still a nice view.

Opinions vary on the Regency Suite configuration, as you will see if you dig into this thread a bit. I personally liked it. But it is not especially spacious.

The view from the lounge is absolutely spectacular. I found the lounge spread, including the breakfast, rather lacking.

Overall a very nice property, surely one of the nicest HR's in the world.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:40 am

Hyatt Regency HK Tsim Sha Shui using Chase Free Nights

I got a twin room city view with my free nights at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong TST.

As a platinum member, can i request for an upgrade to harbour view or early checkin?

TIA!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 2MM Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, and EVA Gold soon
Originally Posted by Hoawide
I got a twin room city view with my free nights at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong TST.

As a platinum member, can i request for an upgrade to harbour view or early checkin?

TIA!
You can ask like I did on points/visa free nights and was politely told no, that the harbor rooms were not available. BTW, I'm also a platinum member.
Good luck!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:55 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by rerunree1
You can ask like I did on points/visa free nights and was politely told no, that the harbor rooms were not available. BTW, I'm also a platinum member.
Good luck!
If the view is that important to you, if a complimentary upgrade is declined, ask if it would be available for a cash co-pay - it could be possible to do this. Early checkin - YMMV depending on the time and occupancy the night before.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Here in 6 days, I have not received an email from the property. Platinum, using more points for lounge access. Checking in around 10 pm...which makes my chances for an upgrade (harbour view or, gasp, a suite) severely limited it appears.

Does anyone have a contact for this Janice lady who is willing to share? By PM perhaps?

Thank you.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Here in 6 days, I have not received an email from the property. Platinum, using more points for lounge access. Checking in around 10 pm...which makes my chances for an upgrade (harbour view or, gasp, a suite) severely limited it appears.

Does anyone have a contact for this Janice lady who is willing to share? By PM perhaps?

Thank you.
I would say not good. As platinum I really haven't gotten any upgrades. Even as Diamond, the upgrades were slim pickens.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by gpapadop

Thank you.
I can double and triple confirm Hyatt TST will NOT give upgrades for platinums.

They will only give you "high floor" rooms. They said upgrades and the top floor rooms are exclusively for Diamond members.

Noneoftheless , the service is still great, just this property cares most for Diamond.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:19 am

Stayed here last weekend on a point stay, as a diamond only got the 15 floor room facing HK but it did not bother me much since I was traveling solo. What bugs was the fact that wifi was painfully slow. Sometimes it was on and off. Has anyone experience the same issue in their rooms?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by anchor79
What bugs was the fact that wifi was painfully slow. Sometimes it was on and off. Has anyone experience the same issue in their rooms?
They told me to tether the free cell phone for faster internet
Old Dec 7, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
Ended up redeeming a DSU and was given a Regency Suite King on the 22nd floor. I agree with prior comments that the room configuration is a bit odd, but I kind of liked it. At least there's lots of separation between the entry door and the living/sleeping space, which is one of my big issues in many hotel rooms. And while the view is definitely not as spectacular as the view from the lounge, you do get the harbour view from the bath tub And the mixed harbour/city view is still pretty spectacular.

Overall a very pleasant stay and I would definitely return. Enjoyed the TST location, particularly running the Kowloon waterfront first thing in the morning.
Have stayed in the exact same room last year, and yup, the configuration is odd, but it works.

Staying at the hotel again early January during a 36 hour transit in HKG, as a Diamond on a points+pay reservation. Lets see what room I end up in!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.