Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
Complimentary Evening Cocktails
All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:22 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by 54austin
How's the pool? The pictures make it look a bit sad, but perhaps it's more charming in person?
It is quite OK for doing laps, but perhaps not very welcoming for spending time just hanging around, reading etc.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold
I will be staying here in Sept. Has anyone stayed here recently? I'm wondering whether or not I should use one of my diamond certificates for the 5 night stay.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
I was here last week. I've stayed here before and both times it was very good. The club lounge staff is very good. We used a suite upgrade cert.

We also stayed at the grand Hyatt the week before. It was also an excellent experience and we lucked out with a nice suite there. I think the GH might be a slightly nicer hotel but definitely not worth the extra price or points esp if you prefer the TST location as I do.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 11:40 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by honghong322
I will be staying here in Sept. Has anyone stayed here recently? I'm wondering whether or not I should use one of my diamond certificates for the 5 night stay.
IMO, it's not worth using a DSU here. The suites have a rather bizarre layout, are located at the end of the buildings, with a lot of wasted space, and no or obstructed view of the harbor. I've had them numerous times and can't remember ever using the living room area. Now, I need to say that I generally prefer large room "junior suites" to suites with several tiny rooms (and I realize not everybody has that preference), but I think the rooms adjacent to the suite are the better option. You'll want the harbor view side, and as high up as possible; I'll take an xx08 room over a DSU suite any day.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold
Thanks for the insight.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by jpdx
IMO, it's not worth using a DSU here. The suites have a rather bizarre layout, are located at the end of the buildings, with a lot of wasted space, and no or obstructed view of the harbor. I've had them numerous times and can't remember ever using the living room area. Now, I need to say that I generally prefer large room "junior suites" to suites with several tiny rooms (and I realize not everybody has that preference), but I think the rooms adjacent to the suite are the better option. You'll want the harbor view side, and as high up as possible; I'll take an xx08 room over a DSU suite any day.
Excellent information - thank you. I stayed at the Grand Hyatt HKG last year and have a tentative booking there for later this year. But recently I've been toying with staying at the GH Tsim Sha Tsui in order to get a different perspective on the area. This was one of the posts that is swaying my opinion. Now I'm leaning toward using points for a regular room rather than book a paid stay and using a DSU.

Also, it was terrific to read previous posts about having a complimentary phone to use during ones stay. Is that just a Diamond perk is it something the hotel offers to all guests?
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:31 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by AKCuisine

Also, it was terrific to read previous posts about having a complimentary phone to use during ones stay. Is that just a Diamond perk is it something the hotel offers to all guests?
It is offered to all guests. Very good idea.

I agree, no real point in using DSU there. Regency Club is nice, and the views from there are excellent.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 6:41 pm

Great insight in these posts! Quick question - I'm doing 2 days at the Hyatt in Singapore and 3 at the Hong Kong TST. I don't have Hyatt status, so I'm not counting on any upgrades. Thinking it's worth the upgrade from 20k to 33k per night at Singapore for the suite, but it doesn't sound like the upgrade from 15k to 24k per night at the TST is worth it?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:30 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by jason478
Great insight in these posts! Quick question - I'm doing 2 days at the Hyatt in Singapore and 3 at the Hong Kong TST. I don't have Hyatt status, so I'm not counting on any upgrades. Thinking it's worth the upgrade from 20k to 33k per night at Singapore for the suite, but it doesn't sound like the upgrade from 15k to 24k per night at the TST is worth it?
As stated above, not worth it IMO. Without status, you'd very likely get a suite on a low floor, without view. And the suite isn't a particularly attractive room. If you are thinking about spending extra points, a club room might make more sense, although I'm not sure about whether the 6k difference is worthwhile for this club -- the selection isn't very exciting (and great food options abound outside the hotel), but the view is great.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
Reading through this thread, it sounds like the popular wisdom is to not use a suite upgrade here?

I've got a lot of Hyatt stays planned and I want to make sure to use my DSUs wisely! (Other stays are GH Taipei, Andaz Wall Street, PH Saigon, GH Santiago, PH Buenos Aires, HR Belgrade and possibly Andaz Papagayo).

Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by zoomgirl
Reading through this thread, it sounds like the popular wisdom is to not use a suite upgrade here?

I've got a lot of Hyatt stays planned and I want to make sure to use my DSUs wisely! (Other stays are GH Taipei, Andaz Wall Street, PH Saigon, GH Santiago, PH Buenos Aires, HR Belgrade and possibly Andaz Papagayo).

Thanks!
Yes I can also confirm to not use a suite upgrade there.

Use it else where
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:54 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Plat, BAEC Silver, TP Gold
I'm finishing a 3 nights stay on C+P and I do like the property. Good room size and I'm lucky enough to get a view on the harbour, ICC and IFC.

My only negative point: internet speed.

There is free internet for Platinum and Diamond but the speed is just awful for Hong Kong. For reference, the Holiday Inn Express SoHo gets a 30Mb/s download and upload speed whereas the HR TST gets you a painful 1.3Mb/s up and down on average... Seriously, I can't even watch a Youtube 10 minutes video in 720p without pre-loading it a few minutes before...

I am guessing the paid option gets a higher speed? Or is it just my luck?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:33 am

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by enelym1978
FWIW I always chose one of the paid options when staying here and the charge never appeared on the bill.

Last edited by rhu171; Jul 28, 2014 at 5:40 am Reason: Typo
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:34 am

Just checked in here as a diamond on chase free night certificate. We were checked in at the club. However we weren't given a welcome amenity in contrast to our recent stays at HR Kyoto and PH Tokyo. Should one have been provided? If so what is it typically?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by enelym1978
I'm finishing a 3 nights stay on C+P and I do like the property. Good room size and I'm lucky enough to get a view on the harbour, ICC and IFC.

My only negative point: internet speed.

There is free internet for Platinum and Diamond but the speed is just awful for Hong Kong. For reference, the Holiday Inn Express SoHo gets a 30Mb/s download and upload speed whereas the HR TST gets you a painful 1.3Mb/s up and down on average... Seriously, I can't even watch a Youtube 10 minutes video in 720p without pre-loading it a few minutes before...

Interesting, I had no problem with the internet speed. It wasnt like fiber or anything but good enough.

For people who dont have status and dont want to pay for wifi, you can use the provided cell phone to tether!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.