Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

TARGETED - $100 credit "award" - on 2 night stay through 10/31/09 (ext to 12/30?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TARGETED - $100 credit "award" - on 2 night stay through 10/31/09 (ext to 12/30?)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2009, 6:13 pm
trd
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond

I was just checking my diamond account and found a listing for an "award" on a date that I had not stayed anywhere nor had I requested one. It was followed by "0" in base amt/bonus amt/total amt . . . with no clickable "view".
I called the diamond line and questioned it -- I was told that it was a bonus award of a $100 credit to be taken off any room rate at any Hyatt for a stay of 2 days or more. It has an expiration date in October and the reservation and deduction have to be made through the Hyatt phone line. This is a nice bonus . . . . but I have received NO communication from Hyatt about it. If I had not asked I would have never know about it. It seems strange. Have I missed something?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 6:30 pm

Thank you for pointing this out trd. After reading your post, I looked at my account, saw an award on July 8, called GP, who told me the same thing. I was told the credit is good through October 2009 on a two night stay, just needs to added to existing reservation by calling, or a new reservation.
I knew nothing of this and suggested to the GP rep. maybe Hyatt shouldn't keep this a secret. Thank you Hyatt^
Old Jul 15, 2009, 9:45 pm

hmmm, I have one dated July 9. I'm Platinum in GP. I guess I will email GP to see what it is. Nothing there under my promotional or plat extra awards.

Some awards are listed like that, but mailed to you in the form of a coupon. But at least in your case, this sounds different.

-David
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:25 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Nothing for me.

26 stay YTD, Non-US, Diamond

Last edited by Markie; Jul 15, 2009 at 11:24 pm
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:32 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I got it. Now let's figure out the targetting mechanism - I'm at 16 stays YTD.

Strange marketing strategy - give out stuff before notification - although DL did the same thing last week with "gift" EQMs.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
I haven't confirmed with GP support but I have an unattached award on 9 July; Plat with 18 YTD stays.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
I got it. Now let's figure out the targetting mechanism - I'm at 16 stays YTD.
Darn! I didn't get it. And it's one I wish I did. Question: Did any of you also get one of the other targeted promos, like the Stay-2-get-3rd, or Double-Qual, etc.? Am wondering if this is just another one of those, maybe w/o the e-mail announcement, or if this is a separate promo?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 7:23 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Cygnet
Darn! I didn't get it. And it's one I wish I did. Question: Did any of you also get one of the other targeted promos, like the Stay-2-get-3rd, or Double-Qual, etc.? Am wondering if this is just another one of those, maybe w/o the e-mail announcement, or if this is a separate promo?
No I didn't get one of the other "targeted" ones - so I'm thinking that this is another version of those.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 7:48 am
trd
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
At the time when I got the award i had 24 stays. I had not received any of the other promos, although I had gotten the double stay promo after calling GP after finding out about it here. I have been diamond for 8-9 years.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 8:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
use restrictions?

What are the use restrictions?

minimum rates?

Can you use lets say if you have a two night 89.00 per night rate???

Last edited by TrojanHorse; Jul 16, 2009 at 8:10 am
Old Jul 16, 2009, 8:16 am

Did not receive the gift award. Diamond with 17 stays YTD.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
What are the use restrictions?

minimum rates?

Can you use lets say if you have a two night 89.00 per night rate???
I was told it is good with the "usual" rates, wharever that means. I checked on res. in toronto with a $99CAD rate and told it wan't good with that rate, but was told AAA rate was fine.

I am DIA with 16 stays and did not receive the other targeted offers.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by tinnub
I checked on res. in toronto with a $99CAD rate...
Hmmm, maybe it's time for a few mattress runs at rates like this. The new Hyatt is just down the street!

As a Diamond with 9 stays thus far this year (and four booked through September), I received the 3K bonus email and find nothing on my account.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Called GP support - the award is targeted and will come as a certificate. There's an offer code that has to be entered and the certificate apparently must be turned over at check-in (one-time use only). Usable between July 27 and October 31 for a two-night stay.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 3:11 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Diamond with 27 stays ytd. Did not receive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.