Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Success with expedia.es using a PDF screenshot.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Denied for destinia.com on the alleged basis that the site does not provide immediate confirmation.

I submitted a PDF screenshot.

I phoned the BRG line and asked for clarification on the T&C. I was put on hold for nine minutes then disconnected. I called back, the agent searched the site and said that the site doesn't guarantee the reservation until an email is received. That is, once you enter in all your details it doesn't provide a confirmation.

After some more research the agent referred to s3.3(2) of the site's T&Cs:
"3.3. THE PRICE INCLUDES
2. Stay at the establishment chosen under the contractual regime, or at similar ones in the event of substitution."
The agent said that "substitution" means that they are not guaranteeing a room. I then asked if Hyatt always guarantees me and room and the agent said "yes". So I asked "So you're saying I'll never be walked or moved to another hotel?" to which he said "99.9% of the time that's correct".
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by danger
Denied for destinia.com on the alleged basis that the site does not provide immediate confirmation.

I submitted a PDF screenshot.

I phoned the BRG line and asked for clarification on the T&C. I was put on hold for nine minutes then disconnected. I called back, the agent searched the site and said that the site doesn't guarantee the reservation until an email is received. That is, once you enter in all your details it doesn't provide a confirmation.

After some more research the agent referred to s3.3(2) of the site's T&Cs:
"3.3. THE PRICE INCLUDES
2. Stay at the establishment chosen under the contractual regime, or at similar ones in the event of substitution."
The agent said that "substitution" means that they are not guaranteeing a room. I then asked if Hyatt always guarantees me and room and the agent said "yes". So I asked "So you're saying I'll never be walked or moved to another hotel?" to which he said "99.9% of the time that's correct".
OMG! That is ridiculous. It seems that Hyatt is twisting every single word and phrase to make it mean whatever they want it to mean. That is a typical walk clause. I'd be shocked if it wasn't in every single OTA contract.

I sincerely you hope you've booked your stay at a competing hotel rather than a Hyatt.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
The inconsistency with the BRG is mind-boggling.
Here is my experience over the past two days with submitting a BRG for http://www.us.despegar.com/:

* Initial claim: Approved
* 2nd claim (additional days at same hotel): denied due to hotel not providing instant confirmation (which is incorrect)
* appeal: denied due to site requiring membership (AKA user name/password).

I ended up calling in, spoke to an agent who researched the issue then consulted with a supervisor. Ultimately, they denied the claim because apparently somewhere in the T&Cs, it says it may take up to 72 hours to process the reservation, even though I received immediate confirmation when I completed a dummy booking.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
I am as well disapointed with Hyatt online BRG. I submitted two claims for PH Vienna, using booking.com. Both got denied for :

brg 2 : they were comparing a hyatt advance fare to a booking flexible (aka daily rate) which i asked they compared it to in my mail.

brg 1: they couldn't find the same rate i did apparently. which i was still showing even after i got the rejection email.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Wow! This is getting really bad.
Isn't Dana's replacement supposed to monitor this thread?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:13 am

after trying more than 10 times, and got denied for all the ridiculous reasons, I think Hyatt BRG is a joke.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by synd

brg 1: they couldn't find the same rate i did apparently. which i was still showing even after i got the rejection email.
I just had one denied becuase they found a higher rate than hyatt.com. HOwever, this was not the rate which is currently still posted on kayak or the rate in the PDF. So even if the kayak rate is higher, I thought the point of the screen shot was to show prove the rate even if it increases by the time the BRG reviews it.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum
I submitted a claim using despegar again and this time I was told it's a membership site. -_-
Old Jan 30, 2015, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by suite2suite
Wow! This is getting really bad.
Isn't Dana's replacement supposed to monitor this thread?
I'm sure this thread is being monitored. Sometimes, silence speaks louder than words.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Here's a new one:
I have reviewed your claim and determined that, based on rates being higher than what you currently have, this reservation is not eligible for our Best Rate Guarantee.
I don't recall the T&Cs saying that the competing rate must be lower than the rate I already have.

The obvious question is, why would you want to book a higher rate than what you already have? The obvious answer is, because after the 20% discount, the rate would be cheaper than what I already have.

My existing rate is HKD1700.
The competing rate is HKD1790.
The current rate on hyatt.com is HKD1825.
The new rate with the 20% discount would be HKD1432.

But, no. Claim denied.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by danger
Here's a new one:
I have reviewed your claim and determined that, based on rates being higher than what you currently have, this reservation is not eligible for our Best Rate Guarantee.
I don't recall the T&Cs saying that the competing rate must be lower than the rate I already have.

The obvious question is, why would you want to book a higher rate than what you already have? The obvious answer is, because after the 20% discount, the rate would be cheaper than what I already have.

My existing rate is HKD1700.
The competing rate is HKD1790.
The current rate on hyatt.com is HKD1825.
The new rate with the 20% discount would be HKD1432.

But, no. Claim denied.
simple.... submit the claim without your reservation#.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: AA LfGLD, HH Gold, PC Plt, Marriott Plt
Claim Success

Hyatt Regency Phoenix

2 night in November.

Hyatt Rate: $259
Expedia Rate: Ł133.22
BRG: $160.48

Just need them to amend the rate now on the booking.

SM
Old Jan 31, 2015, 12:09 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Concourse Hotel LAX for a stay in February

Hyatt.com rate: $119
getaroom.com rate: $97.48
Final rate: $77.98

Included a JPG of the competing rate with my claim, and it was answered about 12 hours later. Because I had no existing reservation, they requested that I make one within 24 hours and contact them with my claim number to apply the lower rate. The agent had some trouble finding my claim, even with the reference number, but eventually did find it and apply the reduced rate.

Mostly satisfied with the outcome, but I preferred the old system where I could call and get instant confirmation.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by baliktad
Concourse Hotel LAX for a stay in February

Hyatt.com rate: $119
getaroom.com rate: $97.48
Final rate: $77.98

Included a JPG of the competing rate with my claim, and it was answered about 12 hours later. Because I had no existing reservation, they requested that I make one within 24 hours and contact them with my claim number to apply the lower rate. The agent had some trouble finding my claim, even with the reference number, but eventually did find it and apply the reduced rate.

Mostly satisfied with the outcome, but I preferred the old system where I could call and get instant confirmation.
Surprising since they were not matching claims for this hotel until it was re-flagged as a full fledged Hyatt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.