Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Old Aug 17, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
HR San Francisco 11/22/11.

$189 Hyatt.com
$160 GetARoom.com

Got a successful price match with adjusted rate of $128.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Hyatt Regency Waikiki rate was $264 for next February.
Used hoteltravel.com and got it for $141
Old Sep 1, 2011, 1:50 pm

Is the best strategy to call the hotel? I have seen that in this thread.

Or should I just call CS...
Old Sep 1, 2011, 2:43 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Amarante
Is the best strategy to call the hotel? I have seen that in this thread.

Or should I just call CS...
Call CS - they are the only ones that can approve a BRG - the property will probably not understand what you are doing.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by price123
Not quite the normal guarantee but I have now twice lowered the rate in London by finding an advance purchase rate online when the hotel doesn't have one available; phoning the hotel directly and they reduce the rate 20% (same as their advance purchase discount). I had expected to be told rate had different rules so wouldn't be matched but match happened within about 5 minutes. Very happy with Hyatt CS.

BTW kept normal daily rate rules
This is the one I was referring to.

I figured that CS was the better option but was just wondering....
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Was just able to make a BRG claim on a booking.com rate for the Grand Hyatt Berlin. Saving about 80 Euros/night.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA Marriott Hyatt
Hyatt Waikiki January 4-6
Hyatt--$264
Final rate--$131.42 by matching to innstant.com
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:18 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Was blatantly denied a BRG to getaroom.com for the HR Houston [http://www.getaroom.com/hotels/hyatt-regency-hotel]. The agent tried to convince me that this advertisement was not eligible because the name and address of the hotel were not listed. Rather, she explained, this was an opaque listing that skirted name-disclosure by cleverly not listing it as the "Hyatt Regency Houston" but rather just "A Hyatt Regency hotel" in Houston, TX.

When I pointed out the name and address of the hotel were clearly listed right under the map, she countered that this was simply an area map showing the location. I almost couldn't believe her explanation, and insisted that this was NOT an opaque listing, it was clearly an advertisement for a specific hotel at a specific address; never mind that there is only one Hyatt Regency in Houston. She said we were simply going to have to agree to disagree on this point(!) and that she would not be processing the BRG.

As best I can figure out, she had some sort of predetermined result for this website, and was simply using any available argument to justify the denial.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:59 pm

Does anyone have any experience with cases where there is no availability...

Example,

$399/night Guarantee Availability (Diamond) at a Hotel for 10/14-10/17.
If I make the reservations separately, 10/14-10/15 for $399 and 10/15-10/17 for $200/night.

Compare that to $220ish available at a few sites for the 3 nights. Will this work for a BRG? Should I try for the first night? Or the 2nd and 3rd nights?
Old Sep 9, 2011, 4:55 pm

Another question I have is regarding getting 2 rooms.

Rooms are about $200 a night but when I select 2 rooms they go up to $250ish (Hyatt.com) where at other sites they don't increase like that, can I get the BRG on 2 rooms?

Last edited by Amarante; Sep 9, 2011 at 5:01 pm
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by frogss29
Hyatt Regency Waikiki rate was $264 for next February.
Used hoteltravel.com and got it for $141
Per BRG staff, hoteltravel.com isn't eligible because you have to sign up for an account (submit your email and a password!).
Old Sep 27, 2011, 11:08 pm

Per BRG staff, hoteltravel.com isn't eligible because you have to sign up for an account (submit your email and a password!).
Same goes for Innstant.com.
Same goes for GalaHotels.com.
Same goes for Skoosh.com.
Same goes for Otel.com.

$290/night for a 3 night stay on Hyatt
$190/night to $210/night for a 3 night stay everywhere else. Terrible.

In order for me to get Hyatt points, stay/night credit I have to pay $300 more for a 3 night stay!

Just started traveling and I did a trial on both, I think I will have to stick with Starwood. I have enjoyed Hyatt but this is terrible, I see many stays cheaper on other sites, I pretty much have to pay extra money every night to earn night/stay credit and points.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 3:35 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Really???
I don't remember signing up with email etc.
And I have used hotel travel.com three times over the past month for
BRG so don't understand!

Just checked and I didn't have to sign up for an account with hotel travel.com.......just put in the information and up came the prices!

Last edited by frogss29; Sep 28, 2011 at 3:45 am Reason: added info
Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by frogss29
Really???
I don't remember signing up with email etc.
And I have used hotel travel.com three times over the past month for
BRG so don't understand!

Just checked and I didn't have to sign up for an account with hotel travel.com.......just put in the information and up came the prices!
I was told by the Hyatt BRG person, "At the end a username and password will be sent to your email automatically, this makes this rate ineligible"....

Old Sep 28, 2011, 3:12 pm

I was told by the Hyatt BRG person, "At the end a username and password will be sent to your email automatically, this makes this rate ineligible"....

I just used hoteltravel.com as well with no problems.

HR Maui - April 2012 - 3 nights
hyatt.com - $429.00
hoteltravel.com - $243.00
final after 20% discount - $194.00

I would try calling again to get a different rep.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.