Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Hyatt increases benefits for Hyatt Gold Passport members
Ellen Lee, senior vice president, global digital for Hyatt states, “Hyatt.com guarantees the best price, and its hassle-free experience means you manage your reservations on your terms.”

http://www.businesstravelerusa.com/n...t-gold-passpor
How could they lunch this promotional campaign about the hyatt.com benefits at the exact same time they are killing what was left from their once decent BRG program ?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 1:21 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
How could they lunch this promotional campaign about the hyatt.com benefits at the exact same time they are killing what was left from their once decent BRG program ?
Was thinking the same thing
Corporate spin?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Was thinking the same thing
Corporate spin?
That's what I'd suspect, but never dismiss the possibility of one bureaucratic hand not knowing what the other is doing.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 7:08 pm

Hello,

Has anyone ever experienced this?

" After researching, I was unable to validate your submission based on Hyatt and Kayak having different guarantee policies since Kayak does require prepayment at time of booking and Hyatt does not."

Apparently, they've recently changed their policy. I'm not aware of any major third party booking sites (including the ones listed above) that doesn't collect payment at the time of booking. I asked Hyatt if they could suggest some websites that don't collect payment at the time of booking and they said they couldn't.

Best Rate Guarantee Program is dead then or am I missing something?
I'm rather confused though since frenchie2 got an approved claim just yesterday and I thougth Hotels.com collect payment at the time of booking also?

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Flyer00123
Hello,

" After researching, I was unable to validate your submission based on Hyatt and Kayak having different guarantee policies since Kayak does require prepayment at time of booking and Hyatt does not."

Apparently, they've recently changed their policy. I'm not aware of any major third party booking sites (including the ones listed above) that doesn't collect payment at the time of booking. I asked Hyatt if they could suggest some websites that don't collect payment at the time of booking and they said they couldn't.

I'm rather confused though since frenchie2 got an approved claim just yesterday and I thougth Hotels.com collect payment at the time of booking also?

This is a first one for Hyatt BRG I think. Human imagination is the only limit of how worse this program could be.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:39 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

There is no doubt in my mind that Hyatt knows that there are better 3rd party options with lower prices than Hyatt.com and elsewhere
For that reason they have made sure that many reasonable claims not be honored while still trumpeting best rate guarantee with their myriad of exclusions
Its a slippery slope as it erodes trust.My advice purchase where it is the most cost effective and don't bother dealing with their ineffective best rate guarantee.
I'd personally rather see them discontinue the best rate guarantee then it be perceived deceptive
Its like a satisfaction guarantee based on what they see as satisfaction in their favor.Whats the point?The rare exception when the stars align?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Flyer00123
Hello,

Not all 3rd party websites require prepayment. For example, Expedia allows you to choose between paying at hotel and paying on Expedia.

This one though, is a far fetch. Even if you do prepay, as long as it's refundable, it's should match. I would submit again.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 6:24 pm

Do we still need the same cancellation policy to BRG?
How can I cancel my reservation if they do not validate it?
Or do I simply book a refundable room and BRG it?

Also I would like to know if skoosh/ booking.com is still BRG-able
Old Apr 27, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
nick have a look in the wiki.

I just found a BRG on Expedia but as rate is non-ref I am not taking the chance and will take my business else where which is a great shame.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:34 am

My first BRG since changes was DENIED! Never had to have a reservation in the past. Can't risk paying 30% more then MAYBE they'll approve guarantee. They take way too long to process for this to be an viable option. These hotel chains shouldn't be able to promote "best rate GUARANTEE" with these stipulations.

This was one of the only reasons I used Hyatt. Got my 2 free nights and will be closing my CC and burning my points ASAP.

We are pleased to hear of your desire to stay with us and your interest in our Best Rate Guarantee program. After reviewing your claim, I was unable to validate your submission as there is not a reservation made for Grand Hyatt New York under the name provided.

Please book your reservation for your requested hotel and stay dates on Hyatt.com or by contacting your nearest Global Contact Center. Once your reservation has been confirmed, resubmit your claim on www.Hyatt.com/bestrateguarantee and a Hyatt.com representative will be able to research your claim.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
I got this reply for a booking for 5 days from now. The Agoda rate was clearly much lower and also could I cancel this booking (same as the Hyatt rate as there was no other rate available). Still do not understand their new BRG policy..

After researching, I was unable to validate your claim because Hyatt and Agoda have the same rate when compared with the same guarantee policy as your current reservation which is a non-prepaid, standard cancellation rate.
Old May 1, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I'm really confused now.

"After researching, I was unable to validate your submission based on reservation xxxxxxxx not being booked at the lowest publicly available rate. Our member rate is for members only, it is not available to everyone."

This contradicts what I was told before, as I had been previously denied because I HADN'T booked the member rate. But what difference does it make if all available rates on Hyatt.com are higher than the 3rd party rate?

This really should be an easier process. Why does Hyatt have a Best Rate Guarantee if they don't want to give anyone 20% off?

I ended up calling them and the agent approved the BRG for a rate on BookIt.com.

Grand Hyatt New York: January 21 - 29
Hyatt Rate: $187
BookIt.com: $174
New rate: $139

Last edited by ryandk; May 1, 2016 at 11:56 am
Old May 2, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
My latest claim was denied, again with ridiculous reason.

"...After researching, I was unable to validate your submission based on pakcage rates not being eligible for Best Rate Guarantee claims. Best Rate Guarantee claims are for room only rates."

My rate is bed and breakfast.

The competing rate is also bed and breakfast.

Both have same cancellation policy.

My previous brg claims with bed and breakfast rate were also approved before too.

Did they just change their t&c recently?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After researching their brg t&c,

Indeed they are correct not approving my claim.

"If you find a publicly available and immediately bookable room-only rate on the Internet..."

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; May 2, 2016 at 11:00 am
Old May 2, 2016, 11:22 am

Is despegar.com considered a membership site? According to the wiki, it looks like it should be approved. I just tried to BRG using us.despegar.com, but got the following reply from hyatt.com

"After researching, I was unable to validate your submission based on the third party website automatically enrolling guests in a membership program during the booking process. Rates have to be immediately available for sale to the public and not requiring a membership or log in to obtain."

How am I able to dispute this? Do I have to call HGP and get transferred to the BRG department? Thanks!
Old May 2, 2016, 5:33 pm

Don't bother, the best rate guarantee is a joke. I am spg platinum and used to doing at least a cursory look for better rates. With Hyatt I can always beat their rates on other websites, with spg it's not a slam dunk. I don't know how you all can be loyal to this chain. Their rates are almost guaranteed to be higher than multiple sites. BRG is a marketing scam and should be challenged, I'll return to Starwood for consistent, honourable service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.