Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

"Free Trial" Platinum Status on Signup or Upgrade for Members - 5/1-8/31 2009

Old Jun 20, 2009, 9:26 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Found this: http://www.goldpassport.com/gp/en/of...inum-offer.jsp

Join the Hyatt Gold Passport™ global frequent guest program and automatically receive trial Platinum membership and enjoy exclusive benefits for 4 months, including 15% point bonus, complimentary Internet access, best room available, guaranteed bed type, and an exclusive check-in area. Continue to enjoy the benefits of your Platinum membership by completing 5 eligible nights within 120 days of enrollment. Plus, learn how you can upgrade to our most elite tier, Diamond.

Receive trial Platinum membership
•Join Hyatt Gold Passport today.
•Enjoy the benefits of Platinum membership, such as 15% point bonus.
(Normally requires 5 stays or 15 nights)
Maintain Platinum membership through February 2011
•Stay 5 eligible nights at Hyatt within 120 days of enrollment.
Upgrade to Diamond membership through February 2011
•Stay a total of 15 eligible nights at Hyatt within 120 days of enrollment.
•Enjoy the benefits of Diamond membership, such as 30% point bonus, complimentary Regency upgrade, welcome amenity and more.
(Normally requires 25 stays or 50 nights)

T&Cs
Old Jun 20, 2009, 5:50 pm

I may as well re join and stay 15 nights and get diamond till 2011 than do my 25 stays 50 nights,.
what are they thinking
Old Jun 20, 2009, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Found this: http://www.goldpassport.com/gp/en/of...inum-offer.jsp

Join the Hyatt Gold Passport™ global frequent guest program and automatically receive trial Platinum membership and enjoy exclusive benefits for 4 months, including 15% point bonus, complimentary Internet access, best room available, guaranteed bed type, and an exclusive check-in area. Continue to enjoy the benefits of your Platinum membership by completing 5 eligible nights within 120 days of enrollment. Plus, learn how you can upgrade to our most elite tier, Diamond.

Receive trial Platinum membership
•Join Hyatt Gold Passport today.
•Enjoy the benefits of Platinum membership, such as 15% point bonus.
(Normally requires 5 stays or 15 nights)
Maintain Platinum membership through February 2011
•Stay 5 eligible nights at Hyatt within 120 days of enrollment.
Upgrade to Diamond membership through February 2011
•Stay a total of 15 eligible nights at Hyatt within 120 days of enrollment.
•Enjoy the benefits of Diamond membership, such as 30% point bonus, complimentary Regency upgrade, welcome amenity and more.
(Normally requires 25 stays or 50 nights)

T&Cs
Thank you for posting. I will sign up before the end of the promotional period.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 8:53 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
I may as well re join and stay 15 nights and get diamond till 2011 than do my 25 stays 50 nights,.
what are they thinking
How would you "rejoin"? I'm assuming that this offer is for new memberships only... is there a way to cancel out a current membership with no record?

I really wish for this kind of promo they would also offer some sort of "requal" promo for current Diamond members in good standing. It really makes it look like we're getting the shaft.

Old Jun 20, 2009, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
How would you "rejoin"? I'm assuming that this offer is for new memberships only... is there a way to cancel out a current membership with no record?

I really wish for this kind of promo they would also offer some sort of "requal" promo for current Diamond members in good standing. It really makes it look like we're getting the shaft.

The T&C states existing GP members to call CS to enroll in promo? Is this only referring to base members???
Old Jun 21, 2009, 2:31 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by JonathanIT

Hi JonathanIT. Isn't GP's giving the double stay credit to those who ask working like what you suggest -- just not an official promotion?
Old Jun 21, 2009, 7:18 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Firewind
Hi JonathanIT. Isn't GP's giving the double stay credit to those who ask working like what you suggest -- just not an official promotion?
Hasn't the double stay credit expired?
Old Jun 21, 2009, 7:36 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by derby44
Hasn't the double stay credit expired?
June 30.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:53 am

Sweet promo! I'll wait to sign up until they announce FFN. ^
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
Just found about this today (as I am currently staying night #2 in the Hyatt McCormick Place for 7 nights). Hopefully, I will still qualify to get Plat status until 2011.

Too Bad I didn't know beforehand, could've gotten a city view room!

- HF
Old Jun 22, 2009, 7:53 am

Has any current Diamond had any luck registering for this for the purposes of faster re-qualification?

Does this offer have an offer code?
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:45 am

Some questions

This is a really sweet offer for us if it's truly applicable for existing members.
DH is presently platinum. Did so by doing mattress runs last fall during FFN (also helped in getting us a stay in Kauai w/o looting points). Unfortunately his business travel has been total cut this year. Last year he easily made AA Platinum this year 0 miles on any airline. He has had 3 nights in a hotel compared to several weeks last year. Knew he probably wouldn't requalify for Platinum through business travel and was starting to look for some "cheap" stays in the fall in anticipation of FFN.
Has anyone already in GP applied for this offer? Am I reading this correctly where one only needs 5 stays to qualify for Diamond? If so this would really come in handy for our point stay in Kauai this winter.
Any update on this offer would be greatly appreciated.
Carolyn
Old Jun 22, 2009, 12:03 pm

For those waiting to enroll in this after FFN is announced, doesn't FFN start September 15th? I'd hope it was the beginning of September. Is this true?
TIA
Old Jun 22, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
For those waiting to enroll in this after FFN is announced, doesn't FFN start September 15th? I'd hope it was the beginning of September. Is this true?
TIA
Nothing is certain. September 15 has been floating around as the start day for FFN promo but judging from the past years nothing will be confirmed up to a couple of weeks before the promo starts.

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Am I reading this correctly where one only needs 5 stays to qualify for Diamond? If so this would really come in handy for our point stay in Kauai this winter.
I think it is 5 nights for Plat for another year (end of Feb 2011) or 15 nights for Diamond for the same period. I just realized that this is only ~30% of the normally required number of nights and can be in theory done with only 1 stay. What the heck am I doing trying to keep my Diamond level the old fashioned way .
Old Jun 22, 2009, 1:01 pm

S/W GP. Found out if DH signs up he'll be upped to Diamond (presently he's Plat) and then he'll need the additional 15 nights to maintain Diamond. So this will be great if he can sign up at the end of August and then combine his pursuing FFN accumulations while extending his qualification for Diamond.
Right now we've got an award for Regency Club for Kauai using points but would really like to switch it to a standard award for the lower points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.